March 28, 2024, 13:28
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: DmC Devil May Cry 2013 - Sound Files  (Read 19777 times)
Pepper
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 06:08 »

dmc uses wwise audio. not unreal default. look for .apk/.bnk/.pck files. these are not ue viewer compatible, xentax forums/hcs forums have more info if you search.
DeckardPain

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 06:56 »

I looked over the threads you suggested, and the information they are providing is far beyond my knowledge of the programs. Do you know if anyone has successfully extracted the combo sounds? If so I would really like them.
Pepper
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 07:32 »

Well, the main problem with wwise audio is the lack of file names. so you'll end up with tens of thousands of ogg's and it's not always worth it to go searching for a few sounds. I don't have the game in question, I just know it uses wwise.
DeckardPain

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 11:51 »

Oh well, I guess I'll give up on it then. Thank you both for all your helpful insight.
Resike

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 22:02 »

Actually couldn't decrypt around ~100 sounds, so if you can't find a sound what you looking for there is a change it's in that 100 sounds. Anyway if someone wants to try to decrypt them i can provide the extracted files. The files are revorbed oggs that means some of the sound players may not play all the files correctly (Like winamp), try to use a proper player which plays oggs properly, or convert them to mp3 (I didn't wanted to do that myself since it would make the pack size 3-4 times bigger). If anyone can find more demon like announder sounds like what you can find in the "!" folder let me know please, i would like to use thoose files for future development for my wow addon: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pvpsound.
If you would like to register to dropbox, use my refereal: http://db.tt/8dkziDpU

And here is the shared download folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w0416c9w4bhowj3/4hdRI4Vl3G
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 22:06 by Resike » Logged
xenmix

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2022, 03:40 »

I know this is old but anyone found out how to extract the music tracks?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2022, 04:23 »

@xenmix: Like it was already said above, the game is using wwise audio. It's stored in apk files, which can be extracted to separate bnk containers with quickbms script from this topic. Extracted bnk can be played/converted with compatible tools, like vgmstream (or foobar + vgmstream plugin).
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: