Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC version)  (Read 21941 times)
SolidSnakeDavid

View Profile
Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC version)
« on: February 13, 2013, 16:41 »

Hi! I have problems with extracting data from PC version of the game Sad I used Gildor's batch file to extract the full game, but its only extracted some materials, textures and animations, but not models. So all i got after export is some files for about 10 MB's. I wonder whats the problem Huh? I uploaded the log file, as you can see there are a lot of errors, like:
"ERROR: unable to find/load package S:\Program Files (x86)\Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\CookedPCConsole\AkAudio.upk.uncompressed_size
******** S:\Program Files (x86)\Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\CookedPCConsole\Core.upk ********
*** ERROR: zlib uncompress() returned -3
appDecompress:CompSize=29739 UncompSize=131072 Flags=0x1 <- DecompressBlock:block=28+742B <- FUE3ArchiveReader::PrepareBuffer <- FUE3ArchiveReader::Serialize <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:Core.upk, ver=99999/0, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:S:\Program Files (x86)\Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\CookedPCConsole\Core.upk <- Main"

I would be happy if someone could tell me what to do Roll Eyes
Link to the log file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?eouns9euh3mwruc
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC version)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 16:59 »

Hi
"ERROR: unable to find/load package S:\Program Files (x86)\Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\CookedPCConsole\AkAudio.upk.uncompressed_size
*.uncompressed_size - this file is not package, you shouldn't try to pass it to the umodel
*** ERROR: zlib uncompress() returned -3
Add "-lzo" option to the command line, it should help.
rroobboo

I am the Great Cornholio! Hhh...Hhh...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 21:40 »

I had the same problem "-lzo" command did the trick. Thanks Gildor, good job as always. But what are these .alc files? Any ideas how to convert them(google says its a sound in parts or chunks)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 21:45 »

But what are these .alc files?
I have no idea.
SolidSnakeDavid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 12:14 »

Thank you! It working now  Cheesy Take care!
X27

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 15:57 »

Hi all, just a question, in which upk file there are the main character models of that game?
zoccame

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 08:55 »

CIAO GILDOR,I want to ask IF YOU CAN EXTRACT THE MAPS FROM THE FILES OF ALIENS COLONIAL MARINES UPK. I'M TRYING ALL ROADS BUT I CAN NOT
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 08:57 »

Hi. Umodel doesn't extract maps, sorry.
zoccame

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 09:02 »

Gildor THANK YOU, YOUR UModel IS FANTASTIC BUT I HAVE ONE PROBLEM. THE TEXTURE WITH EXTRACT UModel, ARE IN LOW RES. HOW CAN I EXTRACT THE TEXTURE IN HI RES?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 09:10 »

Thanks. Look here: FAQ
zoccame

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 15:46 »

HI GILDOR.I HAVE A QUESTIONS,WHEN TO FILE AN extract UPK, I SEE FOLDER APPOINTED MATERIAL 3 AND MATERIALI NSTANCE CONSTANT.I find the folders inside of the MAT-file - how can I use them in UDK?  excuse for my english i'm ITALIANO
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 18:43 »

Hi,
No, you can't use them. These files are intended to use with my ActorX Importer for 3ds Max. You should create materials in UDK by hands.
Monstromations

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2023, 03:14 »

Even though this is years old I want to extract the alien colonial marines models with animations and textures but I don't know how to get further after entering E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\CookedPCConsole. I open Core.UPK and AkAdio.upk but when I export them nothing happens and it doesn't show anything either, could I get any help? because I also get *** ERROR: zlib uncompress() returned -3 and i don't know how to add stuff to my command line I don't even know how to get to my command line and it doens't let me type in Umodel command line.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 11:30 by Monstromations » Logged
Jump to: