March 29, 2024, 15:13
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Prepare to support BioShock Infinite?  (Read 52881 times)
artisticVibe

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 22:12 »

Hi everyone.
As I mentioned in "Relocation" thread, I've successfully moved to UK. Unfortunately I have no PC here yet, that's why Bioshock 3 is still not supported.
By the way I'm quite happy that people found a way to extract resources without umodel, so this game is not required to be supported by umodel anymore.

Not required? Oh God please do support this one. Not to rain on anyone's parade but that was facepunch, only one of the most laughable places ever online. One has to be pretty desperate to even remotely consider going there for support on Bioshock models.
grub

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 23:35 »

Hello! I've registered an account just to ask you, beg you, PLEASE PLEASE don't drop support for Bioshock Infinite on umodel. It's still a better process than the finagling currently being done on facepunch. Right now, we're apparently only getting models with lower res textures, and other things that aren't being converted. Yours is still best!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 23:45 by grub » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2013, 01:03 »

Well, I understand that the support is still needed. By the way I"m still have no PC at home. My wife will bring our notebook from Russia on the next week. It's not so powerful, but should be enough for reversing. But in the same time, when my family will arrive here the real "relocation" begins Smiley
Regarding to Steam - my account is Russian too (of course), and the game should work no matter where it was purchased (it's true for most games)
grub

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2013, 07:01 »

Thanks, Gildor! You the man!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2013, 13:53 »

Many thanks to the RipperOne, he donated a game for me!
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2013, 16:05 »

Ah, I noticed earlier, actually. Smiley Thanks RipperOne!

They specifically noted the PC version had high definition graphics, which build the game up 14GB+, so installing it might take a while. Since I got a physical copy for Ultimate Songbird Edition, I installed off the disc, which was quicker. But that also means there might be additional files to look out for.
ACE66759

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2013, 09:02 »

I also made an account just to ask for support of BioShock Infinite. I have used this program before and love it, and would like to continue using it.

Or if someone can tell me how to get the Vigor Bottles and Voxophone, or has them and would be willing to send them to me?.
If I could just get those models I would be eternally and forever grateful!!!!!!

Congrats on the relocation!
interdpth

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2013, 17:26 »

From what I can tell, on PC at least, xxx files are a variant of the *cooked* UPK file format with what I think is a new header and potentially a new compression scheme (though that might be simply due to me not being able to interpret the header correctly, hehe)
I've attached two screencaps showing the differences between a script package from the new Alice, and one from Bioshock Infinite. Its fairly obvious that there is some sort of table in the Bioshock file which is not present in the Alice one (correlating on the string "None" present in both). I note that the magic number for a UPK ( C1 83 2A 9E) occurs both at 0x0, before that table, and at 0x1c1 in that screenshot, possibly hinting at a file merge of some sort, or extra data added during the cooking process? Simply removing the data up to the second magic number did not yield a usable file, leading my thinking away from the former explanation.

As an aside, my interest in this is expanding the script files - keybinds in Infinite are not being read from the ini files as usual, but a serialized binary blob, and if I can expand the script packages, I can use UE Explorer to decompile the uscript and hopefully work out how that serialization occurs, so I can enable hold-to-zoom and such...

Interesting! Would anyone know where I could find the basic structure of what a UPK should look like structwise? That'd be helpful Smiley
klanlyjp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2013, 23:04 »

decompressed(?) core.xxx and engine.xxx dumped from game process Smiley
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0QQ0_7gsAdLWXhRREJ1UzZhWTA/edit

[вложение удалено Администратором]
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2013, 06:09 »

Well someone bought him the game. It comes down to finding time to download 17GB of game, run through the files, and update UModel accordingly. Since the game's launch coincided with a transition, it could be a bit before he finds time. But he can take his time.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2013, 16:04 »

It comes down to finding time to download 17GB of game, run through the files, and update UModel accordingly. Since the game's launch coincided with a transition, it could be a bit before he finds time. But he can take his time.
Unfortunately I have much more things to do for moving forward to Bioshock 3 reversing.

1. Rent a home, currently we're living in temporary apartment and must move in 2 weeks.
2. Find suitable Internet provider - currently all I can buy is 3G USB dongle with very expensive limited intertet offers (~ £15 for 2Gb of traffic, that's £135 ~ $200 just to obtain 17Gb of Bioshock 3); there's no unlimited 3G offers in UK! I thought UK is very technological country, but Russia is much better in mobile networks and home internet areas.
3. To buy a PC. I'll get my notebook soon. Perhaps I'll be able to use it for reverse engineering, but it's too unpowerful to run even UT3, so which performance could I expect for running a Bioshock 3? I checked UK shops for desktop PC offers - there are a lot of "brands" here (like HP, Dell) which are too expensive, and no ordinary PCs. This is another area where Russia moved forward - I could buy relatively good PC (non-brand) just for $300-400. Perhaps I'll buy a PC on Amazon, collecting it part-by-part. Also I'm looking for used PC which would be good enough to run a 2-3 years old game. I have a lot of things to do for my family here, and PC has much lower priority in our family budget, so used PC could be a solution. One of my friends (warrantyvoider) offers me his used PC, but it will be too expensive to send it over the postal from Germany to UK ...

So, you may see that there's not "just download the game and reverse it" Sad
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 16:06 by Gildor » Logged
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2013, 03:28 »

Wow, that 'sucks,' to say the least. Well, take your time. This can't take priority over that, as much as we want this stupid stuff. Thanks for informing us.
ACE66759

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2013, 04:56 »

Sad Now I have to use Ninja Ripper. That program sucks. It can only make blocky junk models. AND that's with me playing on Ultra everything.
Dreadfred
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2013, 05:40 »

Hope you don't mind me asking gildor but how much money have you got to spend on a pc? www.overclockers.co.uk are pretty good for self build.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2013, 06:15 »

None of that really matters when he has limited data usage, not to mention the even bigger events in his life. Maybe he can do a bare minimum update without testing if we provide the files he put in that tutorial for suggesting new games, but we should just give him his time then. I don't like Ninja Ripper either - It gave me GBs of duplicate files, and the log files are unlimited so I ended up with a file 2.3GB of plain text logging. Jaw droppingly unnecessary. But I'll stick it out for gildor. <3
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: