March 28, 2024, 19:43
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Looking for a good job in gamedev.  (Read 14624 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 29, 2009, 12:20 »

I'm looking for a full-time job in a game development company, possibly outside Russia. My main reason for switching my job is to create a better social (and financial) climate for my family.
Desired position: senior programmer or lead programmer. Tasks: game engine development, support for different hardware platforms, engine optimization.

I know that my English isn't perfect, but I can learn it very quickly if I find a position I am passionate about.

My resume is always available on request.

My major projects for the latest 3 years:
  • Umodel (of course)
  • Skeletal animation system for new (abandoned) title, available as SkelEdit
  • Exodus from the Earth - XBox360 port, heavy optimization, core engine systems
  • I am currently working in Driver-Inter, outsource company, in 2 projects:
    • Upcoming online RTS game Prime World - AI, world map, unit movement
    • Non-game project, Geographic information system (GIS)
I'm working on GIS project as a lead programmer, other projects - senior programmer.
My real name is Konstantin Nosov (Gildor is a nickname Smiley). I'm 33, programming since 14. Living in St. Petersburg, Russia. I'm in a gamedev since 2001, professional gamedev since 2006.
Have a good knowlege of Quake2/3 (have own extended Quake2 engine) and Unreal (public information + reverse engineering).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:02 by Gildor » Logged
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 12:49 »

I have known Gildor for almost 1 year now. I can say that he is very dedicated  to his Umodel project which I and others enjoy. I have had various opportunities to work closely with him on implementation of some key features in Umodel, and Gildor has always listened to the suggestions of others when adding new features.

It is my wish that if you are seriously considering hiring Gildor for your project, I would like to remind you that not only is Gildor a remarkable programmer, who has been able to do impossible things that no one to this day is able to reproduce (like discovering the XBox360 format for Unreal Games, and supporting not only XBox360 Meshes, but Textures, UV's, and FULL Animation for Gears of War 2, and countless other PC Unreal Games) but he has become a friend who has tried his very best to support as many games as he possibly can. Some times I feel for Gildor because I know that he doesn't have much spare time, because of all his responsibilities at home, and also working on umodel. Yet he always comes thru.

I feel that Gildor will make a powerful addition to any team that he is a member of. It is my hope that Gildor still has the ability to continue his projects into the future. Hiring Gildor for your project is the best choice any team can make.

..:: ESR911 ::..
Teoma

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 14:57 »

I'm looking for a full-time job in a game development company, possibly outside Russia. My main reason for switching my job is to create a better financial climate for my family.
Desired position: senior programmer or lead programmer. Tasks: game engine development, support for different hardware platforms, engine optimization.

I know that my English isn't perfect, but I can learn it very quickly if I find a position I am passionate about.

My resume is always available on request.

My major projects for the latest 3 years:
  • Umodel (of course)
  • Skeletal animation system for new (abandoned) title, available as SkelEdit
  • Exodus from the Earth - XBox360 port, heavy optimization, core engine systems
  • I am currently working in Driver-Inter, outsource company, in 2 projects:
    • Unanounced game project (RTS) - AI, world map, unit movement
    • Non-game project, Geographic information system (GIS)
I'm working on GIS project as a lead programmer, other projects - senior programmer.
I'm 33, programming since 14. I'm in a gamedev since 2001, professional gamedev since 2006.
Good knowlege of Quake2/3 (have own extended Quake2 engine) and Unreal (public information + reverse engineering).
Wow  Grin Sounds good!!!
It would be  awesome, if you will realize it!
I hope you will realize it!

You Are very good person gildor, I think you deserve pretti good and financial work!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 00:56 by Teoma » Logged
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 14:31 »

check www.starbreeze.com

they always have jobs
LauQ
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 21:05 »

check http://www.gamesindustry.biz/

Updates each day with advanced search options

Good luck Smiley
Endamaren
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 09:04 »

I'm not sure if you are still looking for a position in a game dev company or not, but Riot Games is hiring a Lead Software Engineer.

http://www.riotgames.com/careers/programming/#leadengineer
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 13:40 »

Thank you, but I afraid job positions from USA are not suitable for me - it's very hard to get american's visa Sad
Endamaren
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 23:05 »

It is unfortunate that it is so difficult to obtain work visas, even in a industry like game development. I wish you luck on your search.
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 00:45 »

Starbreeze in Sweden looking for people:

http://www.starbreeze.com/news/expanding.aspx

Audio Director
Senior Level Designer
Senior Game Designer
Senior Texture Artist
Physics Programmer
Engine Programmer
Gameplay Programmer
Animator
Human Resource Manager

EPIC always looking for people Wink

http://chairjobs-epicgames.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=&searchLocation=&searchCategory=&searchCompany=&searchPositionType=

SLI_Fallen
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 23:48 »

It is unfortunate that it is so difficult to obtain work visas, even in a industry like game development. I wish you luck on your search.

The jobs page on gamesindustry.biz (posted by LauQ, above) is searchable by geography. Including Russia.  Smiley
rroobboo

I am the Great Cornholio! Hhh...Hhh...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 06:59 »

Not Gildor has to look for a job, but they have to look for a Gildor Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
amestrisx

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2014, 20:00 »

Maybe Mexico?, this is my first post, actually i just register a minute ago, first i want to take this opportunity to thank you for the releases of UE Viewer, i´ve been following for some time and even when i just use it some times and just as some kind of guide, is really helpful to me, btw sry for my english XD, now to the point:

I belong to a community of game developers and maybe they are willing to pay to someone like you, with ur experience and knowledge, the name of the Facebook group is karaokulta, many of the people have enough resources ($$$) to pay, all in here  (i guess) are indies, mayb you can find something there.... you cant lose nothing trying there.

Again Thank you for all your effort and i hope you can find something Cheesy

Best Regards

Ramon Lara

A.K.A. Amestrisx
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2014, 23:42 »

Thank you, but I'm not considering Mexico as a country for relocation with my family Smiley I hope you don't mind.
amestrisx

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 18:29 »

na is ok, i was just giving you another option, what country u looking for? maybe we con help ("we" all here)  Grin Wink
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 19:21 »

I'd like to work at Epic Games UK (at Guildford) Grin
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 21:29 by Skykila » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: