March 28, 2024, 19:16
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Exporting models from Bioshock Infinite  (Read 85180 times)
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 21:33 »

Very nice! Does this include character expressions? Mouth and eyebrow movements, eye blinks and squints, stuff like that?

Yep contains all the bones used in the game. See image.

[вложение удалено Администратором]
RipperOne
Sponsor

Located

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 21:48 »

Is Infinite uses FaceFX or something else?
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 21:51 »

Is Infinite uses FaceFX or something else?

FaceFX for facial animation and Morpheme for the bulk of their other animations.
grub

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 04:12 »

Very nice! Does this include character expressions? Mouth and eyebrow movements, eye blinks and squints, stuff like that?

Hot diggity dog, that's cool! How close until we can all do that ourselves? Are we waiting on the level visualizer?
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2013, 08:53 »

Hot diggity dog, that's cool! How close until we can all do that ourselves? Are we waiting on the level visualizer?

No, the level visualizer is just something I want to work on, not sure if there will be very much interest.

The plan is to make the tool a bit nicer (ie. dont crash and work on compressed files, as of right now I decompressed all the files). Work out some of the bugs with imports, and static meshes, then I will release, so hopefully in a couple of days.
theoneman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2013, 04:36 »

Hold your horses! I would LOVE a level visualization for Bioshock Infinite! Please PLEASE do one! Smiley
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2013, 04:56 »

The problem is, levels are useless without the game. You don't have the same fine-turned visual effects you do inside the game.
grub

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2013, 05:03 »

Might be better to release visualizer separately?
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2013, 09:08 »

Hold your horses! I would LOVE a level visualization for Bioshock Infinite! Please PLEASE do one! Smiley

Dont worry I do plan to work on one and I will release, but its not the top priority. Mesh extraction is at the moment.

The problem is, levels are useless without the game. You don't have the same fine-turned visual effects you do inside the game.

Agreed. Except that its a good learning experience, seeing how the levels were put together, including the kismet, etc.

Might be better to release visualizer separately?

Yeah I plan on releasing the tool to do mesh extraction then I will update it with the level visualization stuff.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2013, 10:29 »

You know what's sad? I found this tool that lets me ghost around - Makes capturing with Ninja Ripper easier since I'm stuck with that for now. You know that closed Greenhouse at the start of the game off the normal path? I went into it, then noticed an entrance way to the building adjacent to it. I ghosted into it, "What just happened?" Then I notice there was a second doorway instead the doorway. Then I noticed yet another one. They crammed like three buildings over each other or something. o_O And at the street with the children playing with the water and the first Eastern horse, one of the buildings extends through the ground, with an entrance like 20 feet below the surface. xD

I love the game, the design, etc. But beneath the surface, it's oddly sloppy. Makes me laugh.
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2013, 11:07 »

You know what's sad? I found this tool that lets me ghost around - Makes capturing with Ninja Ripper easier since I'm stuck with that for now. You know that closed Greenhouse at the start of the game off the normal path? I went into it, then noticed an entrance way to the building adjacent to it. I ghosted into it, "What just happened?" Then I notice there was a second doorway instead the doorway. Then I noticed yet another one. They crammed like three buildings over each other or something. o_O And at the street with the children playing with the water and the first Eastern horse, one of the buildings extends through the ground, with an entrance like 20 feet below the surface. xD

I love the game, the design, etc. But beneath the surface, it's oddly sloppy. Makes me laugh.

Thats probably side effects of using unreals procedural buildings. Allows quickly generating a large number of buildings based on rules.
theoneman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2013, 17:51 »

Anything new on this tool?
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2013, 18:29 »

Anything new on this tool?

I am working hard on it as we speak. Planning to get a preliminary version out very soon (Might be a little buggy, trying to iron out as many as possible). Then will continue to work on it. First version will not support animation, still working out the Morpheme blocks.
Bez

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2013, 21:09 »

Just registered to say thanks for your hard work on making this tool. I'll look forward to testing it it out.
grub

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 00:44 »

Yeah, thanks a bunch dude! You're a gift from above!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: