March 29, 2024, 06:32
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Cloak effect  (Read 11996 times)
pontius911

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2013, 11:30 »

Hi, i don't know if it is right plase to create this topic, if it is wrong, i am realy sory. So my problem is that in UDK i created material, that gives me ability to make my mesh transluscent, but it just allow me to twick betwin complitly invisible to partly invisible. so my question is - how to make mesh go from complitly visible to partly visible. here is screenshot of my material I trying to create same cloak effect thatbioware created for mass effect =)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 11:33 by pontius911 » Logged
RipperOne
Sponsor

Located

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 14:52 »

I think you have to use MaterialInstanceTimeVariyng or something. Its been too long since i touched Unreal Engine SDK, but things like this we always done by using that node.
pontius911

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 09:20 »

I am using material instance constant, but, as i said, it just give me ability to switch from partly visible to invisible. The only way i found is to make my mesh partly visible, and transparant, but my goal is to make it fully visible and then partly visible. but thank you for advise.
pontius911

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 10:36 »

Ok, so i found the way to make my character partly visible, and then complitly visible. I complitly forget about the linear interpolate (or lerp). it allows the texture and parameters switch between one another by using constant parameter
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: