March 29, 2024, 00:31
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: TERA: Exiled Realm of Arborea  (Read 99786 times)
mizeraj

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2010, 01:23 »

Oh, it works with -game=tera options. Thanks for advice ) Maybe you'll fix it someday to work like always )
collix
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2010, 19:54 »

Hay everyone!

I got a small problem when importing the skeletal meshes of the Playing Characters from TERA (some build from 2009) in UDK (only female human models work).
When I import the different parts of the model in 3ds max (ActorX Import) and then export them as a whole (ActorX Export), my mesh only has 1 material that I can apply to.
I tried all sorts of different stuff, but nothing helped.

One thing I tried was attaching all the geometry in Editable Mesh modifier and it worked (I could add all the materials in UDK), but the animations were bad then.

Another thing I tried was exporting as a FBX, but then the changes I made to my skin (when imported in max, the hair wasn't where it should be) weren't there in UDK.

So how could I import those meshes with perfect animation and perfect materials in UDK? Or do you guys have another solution for meshes with different body parts, all in different .PSK files?

Thanks for your time!
collix
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2010, 22:21 »

OK, so I found a workaround for my problem. It's a bit complicated but it works (with 2009 build of TERA).

So first load the hair and head meshes both with textures (just select the diffuse) in 3ds max with ActorX Import. Then use the method of noazett for fixing those meshes.
So briefly: align the Dummy_hair with Dummy_Face and link the meshes (Dummy_Face is parent). Then, select all, except the geometry for the hair and the bone Dummy_hair. Delete the selected elements. So now you have a textured hair mesh in max. Export it with ActorX Export. Now, start a new, clean scene (just 'New' in max) and first load the bones, then body, hand, leg, face and lastly the earlier saved and fixed hair, EVERYTHING textured (just select the TGA's with 'diff' (for diffuse) in it, except the bones ofcourse)! Then as you can see, everything fits perfectly, BUT, it won't in UDK.
So now, load the PSA for your model. Just load an animation, doesn't matter which. As you can see now, the hair isn't aligned with the rest! So unload the animation (or just click on Apply in ActorX Import where it says: Mesh rotation) and do the same trick as you did with the hair and face (see http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,478.0.html) so align the Dummy_Hair with Dummy_Face again and link them. Now export the scene as FBX and that's the max part!

Now open UDK and import the FBX you just created. Load it in Animset viewer/editor and that's it! You can still tweak the materials by importing the other TGA's (norm, cstm, ...) and adding them in Material Editor the material you already have.

Hope this is somewhat useful  Smiley
Hevon
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2011, 05:06 »

OK, so I found a workaround for my problem. It's a bit complicated but it works (with 2009 build of TERA).

So first load the hair and head meshes both with textures (just select the diffuse) in 3ds max with ActorX Import. Then use the method of noazett for fixing those meshes.
So briefly: align the Dummy_hair with Dummy_Face and link the meshes (Dummy_Face is parent). Then, select all, except the geometry for the hair and the bone Dummy_hair. Delete the selected elements. So now you have a textured hair mesh in max. Export it with ActorX Export. Now, start a new, clean scene (just 'New' in max) and first load the bones, then body, hand, leg, face and lastly the earlier saved and fixed hair, EVERYTHING textured (just select the TGA's with 'diff' (for diffuse) in it, except the bones ofcourse)! Then as you can see, everything fits perfectly, BUT, it won't in UDK.
So now, load the PSA for your model. Just load an animation, doesn't matter which. As you can see now, the hair isn't aligned with the rest! So unload the animation (or just click on Apply in ActorX Import where it says: Mesh rotation) and do the same trick as you did with the hair and face (see http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,478.0.html) so align the Dummy_Hair with Dummy_Face again and link them. Now export the scene as FBX and that's the max part!

Now open UDK and import the FBX you just created. Load it in Animset viewer/editor and that's it! You can still tweak the materials by importing the other TGA's (norm, cstm, ...) and adding them in Material Editor the material you already have.

Hope this is somewhat useful  Smiley

Sorry but i dont really understand.. can you post pictures like noazett did ?
Hair and face are still on floor.. hmm
collix
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2011, 05:23 »

Oh but then you should first follow the tutorial made by noazett till you got that problem solved.
BTW, happy newyear to everyone!
Hevon
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2011, 03:29 »

Ive followed the tutorial for get the head and hair at the right place but i just need to understand what you said cause its something i have looked for a moment in UDK getting the texture right and animation too.
I wanna try to make a machinima of tera.
And happy new year to you Wink
collix
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2011, 04:55 »

0. Make sure your settings of ActorX Import are:
1. Import only face and hair, without textures (when ActorX Import asks, just cancel)
2. Align and link them like noazett did.
3. Select everything except for the pieces from the hair mesh: &
4. Delete the selected pieces
5. Export the scene with ActorX Export (just save as HAIR.PSK)
6. Click 'New scene'
7. Import the bones:
8. Click cancel when ActorX Import asks for a material (bones don't need a material)
9. Now import the body and when ActorX asks, select the body_diff.TGA in the Texture2D folder:   &
10. Do the same for the legs, hands and face...
11. Now import your selfmade HAIR.PSK and select the hair_00.diff (in ..._Head/Texture2D/ folder) as the material: & &
12. When you now load the .PSA, and load an animationtrack it still doesn't align: &
13. Click on Apply:
14. You need to do noazett's method again! So align and link again.
15. When you now load an animationtrack, it aligns perfectly:
16. Export the scene as TEST.FBX (if it gives an error or warning just ignore it): & &
17. Open UDK and right-click in Content browser and select Import.
18. Select your TEST.FBX: &
19. DONE! Now you should have a brand new textured skeletal mesh in your Content Browser and the animations are perfect!

Build UDK: 11-2010
Build TERA: 2009
max: 3ds max 2011

I hope you understand it now Wink
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 17:01 by collix » Logged
Hevon
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2011, 06:28 »

Thank you very much ! and yes now i understand hehe.
Thank taking of your time for make this tutorial ! nice work !
collix
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2011, 16:55 »

Anytime Wink
Hevon
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2011, 00:07 »

I'm trying to find a good way for make face animation.
Dunno what they used for the model of Tera.
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2011, 01:42 »

softimage face robot maybe
und3r
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2011, 07:12 »

Hello can I use this tool to extract the music from Tera?.

thx

ChipWar
L2tool User

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2011, 12:00 »

thx

i ask gildor about tool. umodel and other programm from gildor can't exctract musik. umodel only for extract model texture and animation.
Brabusx
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2011, 07:10 »

thx

i ask gildor about tool. umodel and other programm from gildor can't exctract musik. umodel only for extract model texture and animation.
For extract music use Media Player Classic:) or the other, I was surprised when he started to play the files. gpk
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2011, 13:18 »

Hi.
This thread became too large so I've decided lock it. Post new questions in the separate threads.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:09 by gildor » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: