March 28, 2024, 14:50
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: UE Games Environments  (Read 6303 times)
Nikky

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2013, 14:19 »

Hello everyone.
First of all, I hope this is the right thread to post my question. Second, I didn't find anything related to this, but if something similar already exists, I apologize.

I would like to export full scenaries from certain UE games, but as you may know that is quite impossible. The meshes all come into the same place and if I load them in 3D Studio Max I have to manually place everything, using the cutscenes or ingame playthrough as reference. Of course this is quite a pain, so I was wondering if there is a way to somehow get the correct position for every piece... like a tool or something. I never really used UDK, so I don't know if that program would actually allow me to accomplish this task...
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 21:39 »

Uhm... I don't really get it  Huh? looks like you managed to extract a full level from ME3... but exactly how did you make the whole scene ready for 3DS Max?
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 18:06 »

And where can I find said exporter and how does it work exactly?
Some more information would be appreciated, since all I can see in the link you posted is a bunch of forum messages with pictures...  Huh?
Teoma

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 23:09 »

you know what? forget what I said
That's just huge great work, you've done man - thx!. http://i.shotnes.com/a/10/ihn3kbnv.dlo_527fd99442297.png seems you've wasted a lot of time on understanding the format. How hard it would be to support other games on Unreal Engine 3.0-3.5++
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 00:06 »

you know what? forget what I said

It looks like you edited your message... did you post the script and deleted it...? Sad I'm still looking for a way to import UE stages...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 00:20 by Nikky » Logged
rroobboo

I am the Great Cornholio! Hhh...Hhh...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 08:18 »

@Nikky: before I explained that all to you, im old, just ignore what I said, its not possible, at least not for you, no scripts here...

that was quite rude, but have to admit - true. Non programmers better play games and not extract them
Teoma

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 12:09 »

@teoma: thanks, (I hope you are programmer, otherwise ignore rest) if someone gets a real UE3 license, they modefy their format, but wont rewrite unreal from ground up, so specific things have to be there, just find them. also you can always RE the binary. from the link above, you get to my forum and in research section its pretty much everything documented and links to a wiki, sourceforge, and so on ... also yeah, its almost 2 years  by now

@Nikky: before I explained that all to you, im old, just ignore what I said, its not possible, at least not for you, no scripts here...

greetz WV
I know Programming, and Unreal Format(but i don't have time for now to work on it)
There is a bit simpler way to extract Levels, if you want i can explain you in private.

Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 15:49 »

warrantyvoider, before saying I cannot extract stuff from games, you should know me. I have extracted many stuff even using bms scrips, noesis scripts and all. True, it might be complicated for me, but we can't be sure before I try. I only asked some more explanations simply because I posted a question. You linked a forum post without explaning anything to me and since you talked about a script I just wanted to know where I could find it.
I have a feeling you don't really want to explain anything, so the next time, if you really want to help someone, maybe try to be a bit more clear. Because posting a forum link and then say 'do a damn research yourself', is not helping.

I didn't even know there was a way to extract a full level correctly, but asked anyway because you can't never know. Maybe not everyone is an expert programmer as you, so if you only have a programmer method and then you have to belittle me because I'm not one, well, maybe you have to change your point of view.

Thank you.

rroobboo true, I'm not a programmer, but it all depends on the extraction method. As I said I have extracted many stuff from various games, so yeah.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 17:27 by Nikky » Logged
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 17:14 »

See? This is your way of helping people: being rude. When I searched for what I was looking for I didn't find anything. I stated that in my first post:

Second, I didn't find anything related to this, but if something similar already exists, I apologize.

Since I already use the GUI extractor, I asked how I could rip meshes without getting them into the same place and move them manually one by one.

I am not a programmer, so that forum posts have no meaning for me, thus I asked you how exactly I was supposed to accomplish what I wanted.

The real freak here is not me, dude, come down from your pedestal and learn how to be kinder with people. You could just tell me something like 'the only way is this programmer method, so if you are not a programmer, it might be complicated.' I never asked you to do everything for me, I only asked for more infos and explanations, that's all. If you can't even read it's your problem, not mine.

But of course you don't even know what being nice means, right Wink?

Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 17:29 by Nikky » Logged
warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 17:45 »

whatever. I quit this crap
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 19:28 by warrantyvoider » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: