March 29, 2024, 16:45
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: .unr file structure  (Read 16654 times)
Szaka

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2013, 18:31 »

Hello. I was googling for long time but i did not found out how are .unr maps stored. I saw some very nice .unr editors which showed all the things and gave option to edit them. Where can i read about .unr structure?

Tried playin with hexeditors but i see only hexmess here Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 18:43 by Szaka » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 11:25 »

There's no such info. Or you may check UShock project (could be found in links section on my site)
Szaka

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 22:54 »

Im green to unreal editor, but good at reverse enginnering and i already managed to decrypt many files from game. I want to add some trees, pilars etc (they are staticmeshes as far as i know) at set XYZ location and save the map. Just like in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmHmiiPweZo

As you can see this guy just loads the .unr file and its analysed, readable and modificable

Now i remember, "PARSER" is the name of thing i want to write.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 23:08 by Szaka » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 23:27 »

"Parsing" is generic word and means some processing of some data Smiley
Szaka

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 10:26 »

Thats all what i mean, sorry for confusion.

Good news. I have read some informations from your links site about package formats and found maps encryption by myself too Smiley Got clear .unr when i open it in hexedit i see many strings and similar structure as in other nonencrypted unreal maps. The header also matches the standard Smiley

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 10:41 by Szaka » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 11:30 »

I didn't expect that you have problems with Lineage's package encryption (simple XOR).
Szaka

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 12:37 »

yeah found it in like 5 minutes Smiley

Still im unexperienced with unrealengine but ill do it im sure ;p
Szaka

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 23:27 »

Started writing a parser, easly handled header and name table and now im on exports table but there is issue with this "INDEX" structure. The funny thing is i started writing a post with whole explanation of my problem and i actually did everything fine so it works now lol. Maybe i will release my unr file parser when finished Smiley

Edit: MISSION COMPLETE Cheesy

Feel so good, 2 days before had no idea about unrealengien, now i can modify game map as i want
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:17 by Szaka » Logged
Szaka

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 20:47 »

Already im only able to copy or modify one element, because i dont understand how single object properties are stored, so for example UTPT can translate it into lables with valid data. Was googling but found only basic info which isnt enough to completly analyze the structure... and why sometimes one StaticMeshActor<number> has other structure than another StaticMeshActor with other number?

The thing i want to do is to rebuild the .unr file with added meshes. Aha, and (why?) i cannot open the clean unr map into unrealEd?

Also, i cannot view clean .utx files. They load fine ingame and they got valid structure.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 23:53 by Szaka » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 00:31 »

why sometimes one StaticMeshActor<number> has other structure than another StaticMeshActor with other number?
What do you mean "structure"? How do you explore object's structure?
The thing i want to do is to rebuild the .unr file with added meshes.
Good luck with that Smiley
Aha, and (why?) i cannot open the clean unr map into unrealEd?
map from which game in which UnrealEd?
Also, i cannot view clean .utx files. They load fine ingame and they got valid structure.
the same question as above.
Szaka

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 01:17 »

Thanx for reply and for all your help Gildor.

I analyzed unr structure and its very simple (i will try getting info from one .unr map, and rebuild it completly with different offsets to see if game loads it fine. I already managed to make slight mods and they work 100%)
I used UTPT to see details, i was interested in XYZ location of a StaticMesh in the world and i found it here. Game is Lineage2. There is export table with info about object, and offset to detailed data. In the detailed data there are HEXes which UTPT somehow translates to label with info like StaticMesh,Level,Tag,Group,Locations XYZ and other stuff. This info is in the HEX on this offset but i am unable to find information how to analyze this. If i know how it is stored then most propably ill know why the StaticMeshActor details differ for other actors.

And to .utx : I got unrealEd 2 from UT GOTY v436. utx is good, has valid package structure and loads fine by game. Maybe i need newer unreal editor? Package version is 123
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 01:33 »

Thanx for reply and for all your help Gildor.
Not at all
I used UTPT to see details, i was interested in XYZ location of a StaticMesh in the world and i found it here. Game is Lineage2. There is export table with info about object, and offset to detailed data.
You are speaking about package structure here. Object formats are usually more complex. For example, "Level" object would be very complex - it contains array of actors, BSP, terrain and lightmaps.
... If i know how it is stored then most propably ill know why the StaticMeshActor details differ for other actors.
Actor (script) object are stored as set of properties. Only properties which differs from defaults (those which described in "defaultproperties" section in .uc files) are stored in package, so if object has only 1 property changed - only that property will be stored in package. UTPT doesn't know about full list of properties, it just decodes properties stored in compiled object. (I hope that information quite enough for you to understand why structures of different StaticMeshActor objects are "different" Wink)
And to .utx : I got unrealEd 2 from UT GOTY v436. utx is good, has valid package structure and loads fine by game. Maybe i need newer unreal editor? Package version is 123
GOTY v436 is Unreal Tournament. That's Unreal engine 1 (!), developed in 1996-1999, and this engine knows nothing about package format from 2003+.
Szaka

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 01:39 »

There are several versions, could you please tell me which one should i use?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 01:41 »

You'll not find working editor, unless you'll find original editor from Lineage 2 (I think some people has stolen editor)
Szaka

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 01:57 »

Really i cannot use the standard UT editor? Wait a moment. UTPT translates all files in right way, so it means this is standard unreal engine 2 game, isnt it?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: