March 29, 2024, 02:07
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: .UMD Files  (Read 15409 times)
CryTugay

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2014, 17:21 »

How do I extract/import Splinter Cell Blacklist's loc-int.umd file?
I used the some tools, but doesn't work. Help. Please.
CryTugay

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 17:23 »

I need the translate this game.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 17:30 »

Try this:
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,458.msg15196.html#msg15196
CryTugay

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 17:32 »

Thanks is working. But how do I import this edited texts?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 17:41 »

I believe, people who performed localization with UnUMD, used "unpack" mode, which removes compression from UMD, but don't extract multiple files, and then edited data in-place.
Mondraconus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 08:05 »

Hi, Gildor... Nice to meet you again since Army of Two 40th day year ago...

Now, I want to extract umd file from Splinter Cell : Blacklist and Splinter Cell : Conviction...
I have been download your unumd.zip from link you gave above... But, when I tried it on umd file of Splinter Cell : Blacklist, it just copy and move the umd file into a folder named "unpacked" inside the umd folder. It doesn't unpacked umd file, it's still umd file... Do you know why this problem ??

I tried to type this in cmd :
unumd -unpack -noxor D_Bangalore_Global_00_strm.umd or unumd -unpack D_Bangalore_Global_00_strm.umd
but, the result is same, only an umd file with the same name in "unpacked" folder, not unpacked data ( like textures, or something... )
Help me on these Splinter Cell game, please ??

-- Best Regards --
Mondraconus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 09:32 »

Okay, some hours ago, I do a little research on this tool, then I realize I still can unpacked the textures inside umd file by using unumd [file.umd]
When I open the extracted folder, I open named "Textures" folder and found many utx files inside here... The irony is I can't view Textures or even open it using UModel, so how to view and extract these utx file as dds for Textures ?? One step, then it's finished...

-- Best Regards --
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 13:44 »

The primary purpose of unumd tool is is extraction of utx/ukx etc files from UMD archives. Animation and texture data are in different files (.ASS, I suppose). Unfortunately I didn't go further and didn't support opening packages from this game, it is not possible to implement for some reasons and in particular would require too much time for support.
So, your step with extraction of UMD is final, sorry.
Mondraconus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 15:27 »

The primary purpose of unumd tool is is extraction of utx/ukx etc files from UMD archives. Animation and texture data are in different files (.ASS, I suppose). Unfortunately I didn't go further and didn't support opening packages from this game, it is not possible to implement for some reasons and in particular would require too much time for support.
So, your step with extraction of UMD is final, sorry.

It's okay, but my question in here is : If this tool ( UnUMD ) is just extract utx / ukx files from an UMD file without can opening it, then for what extraction anyway if someone can't open that utx / ukx files ?? Because, someone who use this tool hope can edit Textures or something with it, right ?? Sorry before...

-- Best Regards --
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 15:40 »

I wrote this tool in a hope I could support Splinter Sell Conviction meshes in UModel. Later I was stuck, and after wasting a few weeks of time stopped further development. The tool was private for some time, but people asked my to make it public, so you can download it now.

The tools on this site exists primarily for asset viewing. With additional possibility to export data. If people use them for editing, they should know how to do that by themselves - because I don't know that (not in area of my interests) and I can't provide any assistance for that. To help people I wrote a few tools (like "package decompressor") and created this forum board where people like you can share their experience (they rarely doing that). But that's all I can do.

As far as I know, unumd tool was successfully used by people who did fan's localizations of recent Splinter Cell games.
Mondraconus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 19:02 »

I wrote this tool in a hope I could support Splinter Sell Conviction meshes in UModel. Later I was stuck, and after wasting a few weeks of time stopped further development. The tool was private for some time, but people asked my to make it public, so you can download it now.

The tools on this site exists primarily for asset viewing. With additional possibility to export data. If people use them for editing, they should know how to do that by themselves - because I don't know that (not in area of my interests) and I can't provide any assistance for that. To help people I wrote a few tools (like "package decompressor") and created this forum board where people like you can share their experience (they rarely doing that). But that's all I can do.

As far as I know, unumd tool was successfully used by people who did fan's localizations of recent Splinter Cell games.

Hi! Gildor...
I want to ask something about your quote above... Since I can unpacked umd without -unpack command, then for what is -unpack command for ? And, can't you do something with your uModel please ? Since, I can unpacked umd, but the data is .upk formatted... And your uModel can't open it... Please, Gildor... I have been tired with all what I'm trying to do in this week... From search tool to unpack .umd file in Splinter Cell Blacklist until I search how to play coop in this game, since the coop mode must be online... But I got nothing... The irony is coop mode is online, if it's offline... I will not try to ask to you ( sorry before ) since NinjaRipper can rip it... But for the online I can't rip because the game wouldn't connect... Searching about it until 5 - 6 days in this week are wasting my time... But, with no solution....

So the only way to get the texture data from Chittagong and Bangalore level in this game are I must ripping it via umd file by your unumd and uModel. Hopefully, you can really help me with this one... Only these level, then I must be done... Thank you

-- Best Regards --
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 19:09 »

Hi.
UMD unpacking was created when I worked on Splinter Cell Conviction support. Later I stopped working on this (wasted too much time), but UMD unpacker tool still exist.
Mondraconus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 19:19 »

Hi.
UMD unpacking was created when I worked on Splinter Cell Conviction support. Later I stopped working on this (wasted too much time), but UMD unpacker tool still exist.

Then, how about your uModel ?? don't want you to upgrade it, so it can read .upk files from extracted umd file ?? It always don't want read with error message : " Wrong Tag in Package "
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 19:24 »

There was too many troubles with Conviction, that's why I stopped working on it. Sorry, I can't waste my time trying to support this game anymore.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: