Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: 'Fatal Error' while trying to load any file  (Read 14743 times)
X-Law

View Profile
'Fatal Error' while trying to load any file
« on: October 18, 2014, 23:45 »

Hello!
I hate to use my first message asking for help... but i have no choice. Let me explain it:
I have Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow which is supported almost fully (meshes, animations and textures)
I copied UE Viewer in the game's dir and executed it. Clicked ok in the new (and cool btw) GUI window and then another window pop up.
I went to all directories shown there in the tree and tried almost every file. Everytime i double-click it or chose 'open' i get
"Fatal Error"
Trying to allocate -Filesize bytes
Call stack:
Trying to allocate -1470828600 bytes
appMalloc:size=-1470828600 <- FArray::Empty:-1196310874 x 12 <- SerializePackageFileSummary2 <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=102/25 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:offline/data/Animations/EDuck.ukx, ver=102/25, game=2000 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:offline/data/Animations/EDuck.ukx <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- CUmodelApp::WndProc <- VisualizerLoop <- Main:umodel_version=271

Until now i only got to open one file in the animations directory (a plane) and another one in staticmeshes dir (with nothing visible inside...)

I got my hopes up to see sam's animations but looks like i'm not doing it in the right way or dunno  Huh?

Thanks for your time and for your help in advance.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: 'Fatal Error' while trying to load any file
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 23:55 »

Hello.
This game requires game override, because Umodel can't detect some Splinter Cell games. Try to override game with "-game=scell" or with UI.
X-Law

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 03:36 »

Wow! thank you very much for your fast answer. Using the GUI couldn't override the game to anything like scell or splinter cell (there is no splinter cell in the list) but using -game=scell in command prompt worked ^_^.
By the way is there anywhere a link to guide or something to know what to do with every game? I couldn't found this you said anywhere just until you told me it.
I'm wondering because i tried with another game: Remember Me, fully supported, but tried to get some anims too and always get no anims in the stats shown in the command prompt window after loading any file. Only get Static Meshes and just some skel meshes but 0 animations. Anything special to do with this one again?
I already tried overriding the game in the GUI and selected "Remember Me" but got nothing (tried filtering the search to only Skel meshes and anims too)  Undecided

Thank you very much once again.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:46 by X-Law » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 11:25 »

Using the GUI couldn't override the game to anything like scell or splinter cell (there is no splinter cell in the list)
There's "Splinter Cell 1,2" in "Unreal engine 2" list. I extended it now with "Splinter Cell 1-4"
By the way is there anywhere a link to guide or something to know what to do with every game? I couldn't found this you said anywhere just until you told me it.
I found this requirement in readme.txt. Most of other things could be found in the compatibility table.
I'm wondering because i tried with another game: Remember Me, fully supported, but tried to get some anims too and always get no anims in the stats shown in the command prompt window after loading any file. Only get Static Meshes and just some skel meshes but 0 animations. Anything special to do with this one again?
I already tried overriding the game in the GUI and selected "Remember Me" but got nothing (tried filtering the search to only Skel meshes and anims too)  Undecided
I don't know, sorry. Check the thread for this game on this forum.
X-Law

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 18:05 »

Oh! silly me trying to find splinter cell under unreal engine 3 xD.

Thanks for the tip, i didn't saw the version info in the readme file.

All i found about Remember Me it's that *some* animations are in Morpheme and *some* others don't but i found 0 animations so looks like all of them are Morpheme format Sad.
Anyways thank you very much for your help ^^
itscamxd7745

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 16:53 »

whenever I try to double click on any texture on any character or try and export it or do anything I get this error message

Serializing behind stopper (5404+4000200 > 11D187)
FPakFile::Serialize:file=/Game/Characters/Player/Female/Medium/Bodies/F_MED_Glow_Bro/Meshes/F_MED_Glow_Bro.uexp <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- FStaticLODModel4::SerializeRenderItem <- TArray::Serialize:0/4 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'F_MED_Glow_Bro.F_MED_Glow_Bro', pos=6B78, ver=517/0 (unversioned), game=fortnite <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:F_MED_Glow_Bro <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1021

I just want to double click on a file like people do in videos and it shows what it looks like I but I cant and whenever I try to export it I cant do that either litually any help from anyone woud help so much
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 17:11 »

1. It seems you're opening Fortnite. In this case, I'd prefer to see a message in Fortnite thread.
2. I don't know where you've got umodel, but it's too old for opening current version of the game.
Jump to: