March 28, 2024, 15:57
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Unreal Engine 4 support  (Read 65015 times)
fil1969
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2015, 11:33 »

Hi.
1. This is wrong thread because your question has nothing in common with UE4. I'll clean up that a bit later.
2. I see you're using modiifed ActorX Importer, so I'm not responsible for any bugs with it. Skeleton and geometry are imported in single coordinate space, so I don't know what could be wrong. Try imported downloaded from this site.
3. Try importing meshes from other games.
4. Try newer Max - may be compatibility with Max 2009 were lost some time ago? (In that case, old version of Imported could help)

Hi,
Thank you for your reply..
well i only translated in italian your ActorX importer, nothing more, anyway i tested the exported psk in new and old blender,noesis and the problem is still there... The exported files from other games works perfectly.. i have only problem with this one..
Sorry for the wrong thread
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2015, 12:34 »

Could you provide me the source upk file, please?
fil1969
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2015, 14:48 »

Could you provide me the source upk file, please?
is a UE4 700mb pack file inside there are the uasset files.. what i have to upload?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2015, 15:00 »

It is possible to extract uasset file with my tools, but the way is a bit complicated.

1. Open pak in UModel in usual way.
2. Find uasset file which you'd like to extract. Write down its name.
3. Launch my "decompress" tool (could be found on downloads page). Note: you'll use command line. Example command line:
Code:
decompress.exe -game=ue4.4 -path=C:\GAMES\WARMACHINE_Tactics\WarmachineGame\Content\Paks GPMod_FoxHole.uasset
-game=ue4.4 Most likely "ue4.4" override would work (perhaps you know which UE4 version you should use, because you already opened the game in UModel). May be it won't be needed at all.
-path=... Path to the directory with pak files. Please note: you can't use pak file name here, this is a directory name.
GPMod_FoxHole.uasset The name of uasset file you'd like to extract.

I'm going to automate this extraction later, I'll add some extraction tool for that - https://trello.com/c/r5Q9TA8Z/116-save-package-item
fil1969
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2015, 15:33 »

Ok! Hope i did in the right way:
https://www.mediafire.com/?39a0z6kku77b7fx
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2015, 16:08 »

Thanks, got it. There's a problem with this asset: it uses bone scale feature from UE4. It is entirely missing in older engine versions, and not present in UModel. Also, psk format is not suitable for it. I've logged the issue here - https://trello.com/c/GqgldLy2/126-mesh-translation-rotation-scale

I'll return to it after animation support, I think. It is not possible to support scale before animation, because it's very likely that animation support would require redesigning of this.
fil1969
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2015, 16:13 »

Thanks, Gildor..
I'm glad was not a my mistake..
For now i will only scale the mesh to fit armature since all the weights are good.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2015, 16:16 »

Yes, this is not your mistake Smiley
I tried to move root bone's scale value to "mesh scale", but it will not work: that value would scale both mesh and skeleton. So one of possible solutions for me (later) is to rescale geometry with this value. I can't scale skeleton because, as I mentioned before, bone scales are not supported.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2015, 18:49 »

Added support for compressed UE4 pak files and for UE4.8.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 01:42 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2016, 16:44 »

Added initial support for UE4.12. Some new and work-in-progress games could start working now.
Also, UModel can now open source (non-cooked) uassets with StaticMesh models. Earlier non-png textures and skeletal meshes were supported, so UModel should not crash on source assets anymore, and should display something useful.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 16:53 by Gildor » Logged
mr.pecel

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2016, 08:17 »

Thank you, I've added the game to the compatibility table.

I got error to export Pneuma Breath of Life
Here's the error message:
Skeleton::Serialize(HeroFPP_Skeleton): 18 unread bytes
LoadObject:Skeleton'HeroFPP_Skeleton.HeroFPP_Skeleton', pos=1907, ver=385/0, game=10005 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:HeroFPP <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=440
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2016, 12:38 »

I got error to export Pneuma Breath of Life
Please try using it with UE4.5 override.
mr.pecel

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2016, 12:57 »

Thx. Jmgg said it used ue4.4. That's why it's not working.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2016, 12:58 »

Is 4.5 working? If yes - probably game used 4.4 version before and was updated after that to 4.5 or later.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2016, 23:03 »

Hi guys. I've got 4.12 version working. Almost fully. PARAGON and UT4 are both working.
Now, why "almost fully". This version have many changes in file formats, some of them were made in a way which doesn't allow UModel detect, which "sub-version" of 4.12 is actually used. Let's say, we have for 4.12 (in chronological order)
1. changed package format
2. changed serialization of basic engine's object (affects EVERYTHING what is stored in packages)
3. changed texture streaming code, with possibility to save texture data inside .ubulk files (a kind of UE3's TFC) - this is used by PARAGON
4. changed skeletal mesh, added "Recompute tangents" field (useless for UModel, but breaks mesh serialization, so I must be aware of this field). This engine sub-version is detected with some tech which is new for UE4 (i.e. not present in UE3) and called "custom versions". And of course, cooked unversioned packages entirely dropped these "custom versions" too. So I'm detecting this version just with setting "game=ue4.12", like EVERYTHING ELSE in this list.
5. changed static mesh format, to support "high-precision normals" (this feature is declared in 4.12 changelist).

Ok, version #5 is available for those who uses "UE4.12 preview release". BUT at least two Epic's games uses different sub-versions of 4.12. UT4 uses #4, PARAGON - #3. They are not compatible between each other, but all are 4.12. So, I decided to wait with #5 in UModel, and I stopped with version #4. So, to launch UModel with UT4 files, you should simply specify UE4.12 for startup, and files will be loaded.

Now, about PARAGON. It uses even older, pre-prerelease version of 4.12. At least those files I have. To load them, you should use new command line option intended to "hack" loader, and allow UModel to load this content. The option is:
Code:
umodel -pkgver=504
After this, you will be able to open PARAGON meshes.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: