March 28, 2024, 12:46
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Unreal Engine 4 support  (Read 64998 times)
brutalace

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2016, 11:00 »

Hi Gildor,

Thanks for the reply and well I do need 8 weights per vertex because pretty much every model in SFV use 8 weights, and although your current solution of dropping extra weights and normalizing works fine, every time it drop useful weights around most influenced areas like shoulders and elbows which is a huge pain to fix manually unfortunately.

This user claims http://vgmod.deviantart.com/ that she managed to dump the model with eight weights by hacking through UModel (according to her). I tried asking her but she said that it's pretty much a hack and it can cause problems too so she didn't shared the details but since I only mod SFV, I do need this feature to work so we can get all weights intact.

If you can implement this feature or even only make it work with SFV models for time being, I will be very thankful and will also support you with donations since this will directly help SFV modding community.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2016, 11:04 »

... she managed to dump the model with eight weights by hacking through UModel (according to her).
"she" "hacked umodel" - cool Smiley
If you can implement this feature or even only make it work with SFV models for time being, I will be very thankful and will also support you with donations since this will directly help SFV modding community.
If this will be done, this will work for any UE4 game, not just for SFV.
brutalace

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2016, 11:17 »

Lol Grin well hacked maybe is not the right word since program's source code is already available but she claimed it so and also said that she only managed to make it work with a particular model but didn't shared the details.

Anyway I hope you consider doing this, I should also mention that this also affect mouth piece deformation since it has more than 8 weights in pretty much all cases. I try to fix them manually but it's a hard thing to do.

EDIT: Here is an example of what happens in some cases.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 11:30 by brutalace » Logged
Sumsarem

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2016, 08:52 »

Hey Gildor! I'm super new to the unreal engine, so please bear with me lol!

After playing the f13 beta, i've been doing everything in my power to convert some of the character's voice lines into mp3s.  The only problem is; they're all packaged in .UASSET files.  I've done my fair share of extracting other game's audio files, but i just CAN'T get these ones no matter what i try lol.  All arrows pointed to your wonderful Umodel! I'm hoping you could help me out a little bit in regards to sound files and unpackaging .UASSET files.

Thanks much!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2016, 10:00 »

Hi.
When starting umodel, check "Sounds" option in UI. Then locate sounds uasset files, select them, and press "Extract".
Sumsarem

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2016, 05:03 »

Hi.
When starting umodel, check "Sounds" option in UI. Then locate sounds uasset files, select them, and press "Extract".

I fiddled around a bit more, and managed to get it to work!  I suppose I was selecting the wrong engine version.  Thank you so much for your help!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2017, 17:22 »

I've fixed a bug caused bad geometry when mesh has more than 4 weights per vertex. This bug happened with several PARAGON meshes.
brutalace

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2017, 12:04 »

Hi Gildor,

Does this mean the program support more than 4 weights now ? or it's a fix for viewer only ?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2017, 12:08 »

Fix for viewing.
brutalace

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2017, 12:31 »

I see, alright. Thanks for the hard work Smiley
Quorthon

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2017, 19:38 »

Hi mates i'm new here.

Great Tool Gildor.

Reading this thread i missed out something: is it possible to browse UE4 games assets, exctracted with UModel, inside UE4 Free Engine Editor?

Thanks to all!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2017, 19:39 »

Hi,
Welcome.
No, it is not possible. Extracted assets are in psk, psk and tga format. However UnrealEd can work only with uasset files.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2017, 21:08 »

Hi guys.

A new build of UModel has new feature. There's no more error with "unversioned package" message, UModel will prompt you for selecting an engine version instead.

A small video showing this feature in action:
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2017, 20:01 »

Unreal engine 4.17 is now supported. Also I've started 4.18 support, for PARAGON.

Please note: 4.17 has possibility to encrypt index (file table) in pak files, so expect more unsupported games with encrypted pak files soon!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2018, 23:59 »

Unreal engine 4.18 is now fully supported.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: