March 29, 2024, 01:10
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Renaming meshes in existing UKX  (Read 5441 times)
Adaria

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2015, 18:15 »

Hello,

Basically, I have found a custom UKX with GoD hair meshes and I need to rename a few meshes that are contained in the UKX. I tried doing that through UnrealEd but I get a 'Serial size mismatch' error in the game. I've never worked with UKX files before and I've searched far and wide for a solution to no avail.
 The reason as to why I want to rename the meshes is that because they have the exact same name as some other meshes I'm using, they are not animated (hair animation is handled in hair.int). So, for example you have 'FDarkElf_h05_m005' in hair.int and you have 2 equally named meshes in 2 different UKX files. So only the hair that's on the UKX that's taken from Lindvior is animated, the other one isn't.

Any ideas?
Adaria

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 06:19 »

Bump
Reborn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 12:02 »

Hex Editor.
Name of mesh Is part of the NameTable, and may be renamed in any hex editor.

But 2 different ukx with same meshes must not conflicted, UnrealEngine used "Packagename.MeshName" as name of object.
Adaria

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 18:56 »

Hex Editor.
Name of mesh Is part of the NameTable, and may be renamed in any hex editor.

But 2 different ukx with same meshes must not conflicted, UnrealEngine used "Packagename.MeshName" as name of object.

Thank you for your response. I found the name of the mesh I wanted to rename only once in the UKX, changed its name, checked whether it's been changed on L2PE and it hasn't.

UKX files aren't encrypted, right? I don't have to do anything else to the file prior to opening it with my hex editor, correct?
CriticalError

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 03:08 »

for edit it you need decrypt UKX, becuase if don't do it you don't see nothing there, because is XORED, so you need use l2decrypt to unprotect it and see all data files.
Adaria

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 15:13 »

for edit it you need decrypt UKX, becuase if don't do it you don't see nothing there, because is XORED, so you need use l2decrypt to unprotect it and see all data files.

I just confirmed that it's unencrypted by default. I changed the name of the mesh on UnrealEd and in-game it doesn't show the mesh at all. Sad
CriticalError

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 19:49 »

sure you do something wrong.
Adaria

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 20:32 »

sure you do something wrong.

Well, I'm doing this:

----

EDIT:

I had totally forgotten to edit Chargrp to change the hair mesh, lol. >.< Now that I did, I get the following crit. though:

SkeletalMesh SacriMisc.FDarkElf_h06_m005_v: Serial size mismatch: Got 102729, Expected 102733
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 20:55 by Adaria » Logged
CriticalError

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 10:49 »

well as I can see, you using normal UE pack, for modify it and make readable by L2, is necessary buy tool from Gildor, because is patched core.dll from UE3, without it, you still continue try and fail getting criticalerror from client in that way.
Adaria

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 16:53 »

well as I can see, you using normal UE pack, for modify it and make readable by L2, is necessary buy tool from Gildor, because is patched core.dll from UE3, without it, you still continue try and fail getting criticalerror from client in that way.

So basically I am doing it right, but I just need the tool to encrypt it into a readable for L2 format?
Teoma

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 21:47 »

So basically I am doing it right, but I just need the tool to encrypt it into a readable for L2 format?
nope  Grin

you just need to use hex editor, search for meshname inside it and change to wethever you want, but new name mus not exceed original size, if its name_1_m00, your need to make mynm_1_m00, so the number of letters remain the same, 11(count) in my example.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 01:17 by Teoma » Logged
CriticalError

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 23:34 »

well you are not right, the gildor tool won't encrypt it, what it does is make readable by l2 when you save ukx.
Adaria

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 01:17 »

nope  Grin

you just need to use hex editor, search for meshname inside it and change to wethever you want, but new name mus not exceed original size, if its name_1_m00, your need to make mynm_1_m00, so the number of letters remain the same, 11(count) in my example.

I was thinking about doing that and...it works! Thank you! Smiley
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:00 by Adaria » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: