March 28, 2024, 23:19
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Mesh Texture Problem  (Read 4442 times)
yagokurt

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2015, 23:08 »

Hi everybody, i'm expecting a problem when i try load the file Fighter.ukx, i already try put the Fighter.ukx and FFighter.utx in the same folder, also try run umodel on the root folder (before animations and texture folder) and nothing work i only see the model like this.

And this is the output that i get from umodel log.

WARNING: Import(Shader'FFighter_m015_t111_b_sh'): package FFighter was not found.

Anyone have any sugesction or something that i can do to see the models with texture on umodel? If someone need to test i can upload the FFigther.utx, MFighter.utx and Figther.ukx

This is the log from umodel opening from the root folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\Lineage II) LOG
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 23:13 by yagokurt » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 23:23 »

Hi,

Thank you for detailed explanation of your problem - that happens very rarely, especially with new forum members Smiley

I think you've provided wrong path, so other package could not be found. Or may be file names has some non-Latin characters, so name looks like "FFighter.ukx", but really it contains different characters. May be something else.

Try this. When you're in "viewer" mode (as on your screenshot) - press key <O>, it will open dialog window for selecting a package. Then look over files listed there, check whether you can find FFighter.utx or not.
yagokurt

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 23:35 »

Thanks Gildor for the fast reply.
When i open from the root folder thats what i see.
ps: the fighter.ukx is inside of Animations and MFigther.utx and FFighter.utx is inside of SysTexture.

And if i put the Fighter.ukx, FFigther.utx and MFighter.utx in the same folder thats what happen. The warning about the missing package stop, but still without texture i will leave here a printscreen and the log from this.

log from the same folder: LOG
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 23:39 by yagokurt » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 23:49 »

Could you provide me these 3 files, please?
yagokurt

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 23:53 »

Could you provide me these 3 files, please?
Yes no problem, here is the files: MEDIAFIRE
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 00:13 »

If I use
umodel.exe .../Fighter.ukx FFighter_m015_l
(loading a mesh which had "package FFighter was not found" message in your log) - I'm getting a nice textured mesh. So, there's no problem with utx files at all. The problem is that most meshes in that ukx are not textured, that's why UModel displays them in such way. This could not be fixed because of missing data in ukx.
yagokurt

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 00:42 »

If I use
umodel.exe .../Fighter.ukx FFighter_m015_l
(loading a mesh which had "package FFighter was not found" message in your log) - I'm getting a nice textured mesh. So, there's no problem with utx files at all. The problem is that most meshes in that ukx are not textured, that's why UModel displays them in such way. This could not be fixed because of missing data in ukx.

Yes i just test this command and it worked for me too but not with all models i try exemple do "Fighter.ukx MFighter_m201_Hrs_ad11" and it load without texture, so if i understand correctly haven't anything i can do to see all models from this package textured? The same problem happen with a couple of armor UKX.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 00:45 by yagokurt » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 02:29 »

UModel reads material information from meshes, but it looks like these meshes are textured in a different way - perhaps dynamically (e.g. various materials for the same mesh, depending on some conditions).
yagokurt

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 06:08 »

UModel reads material information from meshes, but it looks like these meshes are textured in a different way - perhaps dynamically (e.g. various materials for the same mesh, depending on some conditions).

Too bad to hear that. And have any chance in future updates of uModel you make it possible? Or should i deal with it and forget the idea to see the models textured on uModel?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 12:05 »

And have any chance in future updates of uModel you make it possible?
No. The information is stored somewhere else - either in scripts, or in some Lineage-specific data files. I'm not working with either of them.
yagokurt

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 16:44 »

And have any chance in future updates of uModel you make it possible?
No. The information is stored somewhere else - either in scripts, or in some Lineage-specific data files. I'm not working with either of them.

Ok, thanks for your attention Gildor. You already can close the topic.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: