March 28, 2024, 12:23
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Cant find a model in Mass Effect 2?  (Read 2855 times)
AnaTheTurian

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2015, 23:14 »

Hey all! Seems like this may be the best place to ask,

Im trying to create some mods for Mass Effect 2, to allow people to play as various NPCs, whether it be Turian, Geth, Krogan/etc.   At the moment im on the Krogan portion of my modding and i cant seem to find the model for Wrex anywhere. I've seen on the web people have managed to get it somehow and make files for their own uses (Xnalara/etc), but such files are useless to me and these people dont seem forthcomming on telling me how they got the model file itself. There are 2 PCC files in Mass Effect 2 that relate to Wrex, and they are;

BioD_KroHub_107Wrex and BioD_KroHub107Wrex_LOC_INT

So, you'd think i just open these in Umodel right? Problem solved? Alas this is not the case. The first one only contains BioStage_KroHub and the second, Umodel just says there are no visual objects.

Can anyone tell me which PCC file wrex is in, or, if he is hiding in one (or both) of the above files? If he is, all i need is the path to load his head model and armor. (KRO_HED_... and KRO_ARM_....  I'm assuming Wrex will use the same type of names that the generic krogan armors and head do)

I know Wrex has to be somewhere...But where....  Huh?

Thanks in advance for any information!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 11:50 by AnaTheTurian » Logged
Flovios

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 06:27 »

No idea if you still check this topic or not, OP, but I found Wrex's (and Wreav's) armor/body in BioD_KroHub_100MainHub.pcc

Texture files for Wrex's head are also present, but there's no corresponding model to go with them.  This would lead me to believe that the textures are simply applied to the "default" Krogan head (which can be found in BioP_KroKgL.pcc , the model tellingly named KRO_HED_PROBase_MDL).

Sorry for the massive topic revival, but at least it'll make it easier on anyone else looking for Wrex's data in ME2.
AnaTheTurian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 11:50 »

Thanks very much!  Might come in handy when i take another stab at modding Mass Effect 2 Cheesy
Flovios

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 16:31 »

Glad that I could help. Smiley  I tested out my theory about applying Wrex's textures to the base Krogan head, and it seems to be correct; not sure how you'd need to handle that when modding, but I guess that's better than nothing.

Interestingly, as far as I can tell there are no textures specifically designated for Wreav in that file, so he might exist solely as a color variation on the base Krogan head.
AnaTheTurian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 16:55 »

Glad that I could help. Smiley  I tested out my theory about applying Wrex's textures to the base Krogan head, and it seems to be correct; not sure how you'd need to handle that when modding, but I guess that's better than nothing.

Interestingly, as far as I can tell there are no textures specifically designated for Wreav in that file, so he might exist solely as a color variation on the base Krogan head.

Hm, thats interesting! It probably is as you say just a colour variation for Wreav!

On a off-topic note, you wouldnt happen to know how to deal with image stacks would you? For example if you look for Quarian textures, chances are you'll find 1 file and it has a name something like QUA_ARM_stack (I could be way off on that, havent touched Mass Effect 2 or even 3 in a while, this is from memory!), it seems all the different variations for Quarian textures (and some other NPC's too) are all squished (or, stacked) together in 1 file so if i were to edit it, all quarians would be affected! The reason i ask is because i wanted to add a quarian mod in Mass Effect 2 and 3 but unfortunately the textures used in both games are all in that 1 file so i cant do much in terms of customisation (and i certainly cant draw whole new textures from scratch  Shocked )

No worries if you dont know though, thanks again for the wrex info!  Grin
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 16:58 by AnaTheTurian » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: