Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Street Fighter V  (Read 67303 times)
songa

View Profile
Re: Street Fighter V
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2016, 19:06 »

dear Gildor, I am having difficulty to understanding how to
configure umodel.exe batch to extract a .psk model format...

some errors messages that are going with me:

Found 2 game files (7 skipped)
Loading package: C91_01.uasset Ver: 434/0 Engine: 0 Names: 486 Exports: 12 Imports: 28 Game: 10008
Loading SkeletalMesh4 C91_01 from package C91_01.uasset
WARNING: Import(Skeleton'CMN_Skeleton'): package /Game/Chara/CMN/Skeleton/CMN_Skeleton was not found
WARNING: FloatProperty "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo::ScreenSize" was not found
WARNING: StructProperty "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo::ReductionSettings" was not found
WARNING: ObjectProperty "USkeletalMesh4::PhysicsAsset" was not found
WARNING: ArrayProperty "USkeletalMesh4::MorphTargets" was not found
WARNING: ArrayProperty "USkeletalMesh4::ClothingAssets" was not found
WARNING: ArrayProperty "USkeletalMesh4::Sockets" was not found
WARNING: Import(MaterialInstanceConstant'CM_C91_01_E00_Stocking'): package /Game/Chara/C91/SkelMesh/01/Material/CM_C91_01_E00_Stocking was not found
WARNING: Import(MaterialInstanceConstant'CM_C91_01_E01_EyeLens'): package /Game/Chara/C91/SkelMesh/01/Material/CM_C91_01_E01_EyeLens was not found
WARNING: Import(MaterialInstanceConstant'CM_C91_01_E02_Eyes'): package /Game/Chara/C91/SkelMesh/01/Material/CM_C91_01_E02_Eyes was not found
WARNING: Import(MaterialInstanceConstant'CM_C91_01_E03_Eyelash'): package /Game/Chara/C91/SkelMesh/01/Material/CM_C91_01_E03_Eyelash was not found
WARNING: Import(MaterialInstanceConstant'CM_C91_01_E04_Skin'): package /Game/Chara/C91/SkelMesh/01/Material/CM_C91_01_E04_Skin was not found
WARNING: Import(MaterialInstanceConstant'CM_C91_01_E05_Hair'): package /Game/Chara/C91/SkelMesh/01/Material/CM_C91_01_E05_Hair was not found
WARNING: Import(MaterialInstanceConstant'CM_C91_01_E06_Acce'): package /Game/Chara/C91/SkelMesh/01/Material/CM_C91_01_E06_Acce was not found
WARNING: Import(MaterialInstanceConstant'CM_C91_01_E07_Dress'): package /Game/Chara/C91/SkelMesh/01/Material/CM_C91_01_E07_Dress was not found
WARNING: Import(MaterialInstanceConstant'CM_C91_01_E08_Skirt'): package /Game/Chara/C91/SkelMesh/01/Material/CM_C91_01_E08_Skirt was not found
WARNING: Import(MaterialInstanceConstant'CM_C91_01_E09_Boots'): package /Game/Chara/C91/SkelMesh/01/Material/CM_C91_01_E09_Boots was not found
WARNING: SkeletalMesh C91_01 uses vertex colors
Loaded in 0.041 sec, 54 allocs, 4.58 MBytes serialized in 513 calls.
Exporting objects ...
Exporting SkeletalMesh4 C91_01 to C:/game/Chara/C91/SkelMesh/01/Mesh/UmodelExport/C91_01/SkeletalMesh4

however, all the files that appear in the error list,
are properly positioned, as the description below:

C:\game\Chara\C91
    C:\game\Chara\C91\SkelMesh\01\Material
    C:\game\Chara\C91\SkelMesh\01\Mesh\C91_01.uasset <<< file that I need convert to .psk
    C:\game\Chara\C91\SkelMesh\01\Mesh\C91_01_PhysicsAsset.uasset
    C:\game\Chara\C91\SkelMesh\01\Texture
    C:\game\Chara\CMN
    C:\game\Chara\CMN\Skeleton\CMN_Skeleton.uasset[/li]

I'm currently using the following command line:

umodel.exe -export -all -game=ue4.7 -log=umodel.log C91_01.uasset

inside the following directory:

C:\game\Chara\C91\SkelMesh\01\Mesh\

I already looked several articles from your forum, including the
Umodel > Documentation > Umodel batch export
and all I get is the following only one file:

C:\game\Chara\C91\SkelMesh\01\Mesh\UmodelExport\C91_01\SkeletalMesh4\C91_01.psk

please, could you show me how I should do this batch, to
have all the necessary files and not have more these errors?!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2016, 19:10 »

1. I would recommend to use UI for extraction - I'm unsure why I've added UI more than a year ago, but people are still using command line???
2. There's no "errors" in your log. Did you see "error" word there?
songa

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2016, 19:25 »

1. I would recommend to use UI for extraction - I'm unsure why I've added UI more than a year ago, but people are still using command line???
OK!, thank you, I will try use UI.  Smiley

2. There's no "errors" in your log. Did you see "error" word there?
well, the files exists and are in the right place...
It is written that not found something that is present, I interpreted as an error!
ok, but if it is not a error, then why it can not find the file this in the right place?!
Could you explain to me, please?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2016, 19:30 »

1. Probably that uasset has nothing to export. Use UI, locate that file, open it and check if it really has something to display. "Tools | Scan Content" will also show you if this file has anything exportable inside.
2. Is is also possible that you can't see a directory which contains export files - see FAQ for this situation.
songa

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2016, 20:05 »

1. Probably that uasset has nothing to export. Use UI, locate that file, open it and check if it really has something to display. "Tools | Scan Content" will also show you if this file has anything exportable inside.
2. Is is also possible that you can't see a directory which contains export files - see FAQ for this situation.
OK, thank you for the tips! Smiley

OK!, thank you, I will try use UI.  Smiley
better results!!   Grin

now it found ALL the files, even those that not found before!! Smiley
thank you very much...

I would like to make a wish here ...
I am from the oldest school...
From my early twenties that I use and like to use the old DOS to solve some things...
The graphical interface also come to Linux, but until today I am reluctant to use it...

I'd love to know how to use umodel.exe in command line to
getting the same results that I got with the UI!  Smiley
be is possible, if it is not... ok, nop!!   Smiley

and also I'd likre to know if even in the UI, it is possible to generate a log of what happens in it?!
EDiT:
just make a shortcut and add: -log = umodel.log
this way the umodel.exe will perform the UI and generate a log
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 22:10 by songa » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2016, 20:09 »

Almost all UModel's tutorials are about command line use. GUI appeared ~ 1.5 years ago, and there's almost no (third-party) tutorials about its use yet.
I'd recommend you to watch these 2 videos: http://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel/tutorials
Also, typing "umodel.exe -help" will show you a command line options. Please note, that there's only one "command" should be added, and "options" could be mixed.
TerryXX

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2016, 13:29 »

Hi Gildor, I wanted to know if you understood how works the animations for this game, in theory should use the "FBX Animation Pipeline" https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Content/FBX/Animations/index.html be able to extract some animation would really convenient for the modders ^^
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2016, 13:41 »

Hi.
Sorry, your question is completely unclear for me. Are you asking about - how to import animation from FBX into Unreal engine 4?
TerryXX

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2016, 14:06 »

Nope, how to extract animation from SFV, I saw that you are working on for "General UE4" I wanted to know if by chance for this game they have used a different technique for animations.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2016, 14:34 »

I have no idea if any UE4 game uses customized animation system. All games reported here have no modifications in SkeletalMesh, StaticMesh or Texture formats (except PARAGON - it has custom texture storage system), so I think there are good chances that this game has "standard" animation system too.
By the way, I'm not working on animation support at the moment, and I have no idea when I'll have time for it Sad
TerryXX

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2016, 14:48 »

OK thank you very much.
theandroids

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2016, 13:08 »

Hi, is there a guide on how to just export the textures mod them and replace the original textures?
lenardflores1988

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2016, 04:05 »

Hi Gildor, by any chance you possibly spare some time working on SFV animation support? The psk rig is really messy when you import it on any flatform. Sad Thanks
brutalace

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2016, 18:48 »

Hi Gildor,

Just want to ask does extracting from UModel disturb weights in any way ? I am getting some weights lost in areas that usually have more than 4 bone influences (such as shoulders or elbow areas). Not every bone loose weights but some do loose and I can actually see the mesh getting a bit of bad deformation in game. I am not sure if this happens while exporting the PSK from UModel or importing that PSK in Max with ActorXImporter or when I export that as FBX and import it in Blender, I need to check it further but just letting you know in case you have some idea about it ?

Some examples.

Weights shouldn't be abrupt like this.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2016, 19:16 »

More than 4 bone weights are not supported at all. Even mesh in UModel will look deformed. I'm going to fix this soon, by dropping weights which are smallest ones, and re-normalize other weights. So, mesh will still have 4 weights, but their values will be correct.

https://trello.com/c/aB4rCgiK/169-support-up-to-8-bone-influences
Jump to: