March 29, 2024, 17:43
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Street Fighter V  (Read 66974 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2015, 21:52 »

When you try to extract a character model, say, Cammy for instance, Umodel doesn't export the MASK, SRMA and SSS textures and instead get's the SRMA texture from another character (Ryu's SRMA file in this case).
UModel exports assets which are linked to a mesh. I'm using quite tricky way of detection of textures which are used by material - it is not possible to support it in a proper way without doing full support for all material expressions, which is probably never will be done. So, perhaps the material mapped to your mesh is "too tricky" for UModel and you must use your brains and hands to do export.

Also, in UE3 each package had its own unique name. In UE4 package names could be reused, but full package path is considered to distinguish them from each other. To be able to use full path, you'll need these paths to be on your hard drive. When you use PAKs they are always there. If you've extracted some assets from the game and placed them to directories with different names, package paths cannot be used, and UModel will locate package by its name, ignoring the path, so wrong material or texture could be picked.
patopeixe

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2015, 22:13 »

So, perhaps the material mapped to your mesh is "too tricky" for UModel and you must use your brains and hands to do export.

Not my brainsss  Grin

When you use PAKs they are always there. If you've extracted some assets from the game and placed them to directories with different names, package paths cannot be used, and UModel will locate package by its name, ignoring the path, so wrong material or texture could be picked.

That's what's weird. The wrong texture (Ryu's) only comes with the export when all the files are in the right place!  Huh?

Just tried exporting the textures that are missing manually, and while it works, I get a message:
"bad texture (no mipmaps)"
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 22:16 by patopeixe » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2015, 22:19 »

Just tried exporting the textures that are missing manually, and while it works, I get a message:
"bad texture (no mipmaps)"
You should see and error message in UModel's log if you're loading such texture into a viewer. It should describe what's wrong with it. For UE3 that usually means "missing TFC file" (in some games all texture mips are there). In UE4 that could be unsupported texture format, like HDR texture etc.
Darko

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2015, 07:26 »

Hahahaha! Did you need to rig her or is this with the default rigs?

Deffault rig.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 07:29 by Darko » Logged
bajm

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2015, 21:13 »

How do you apply the materials to the characters in 3ds max? Also when reshaping the models do you select and uniform scale the bone objects or is there some other better way of doing this. Any info. would be much appreciated. Thanks for all the effort that's gone into this.
Darko

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2015, 05:16 »

How do you apply the materials to the characters in 3ds max? Also when reshaping the models do you select and uniform scale the bone objects or is there some other better way of doing this. Any info. would be much appreciated. Thanks for all the effort that's gone into this.

You need to repaint the diffuse testure in photoshop or gimp, there's no other way.
bajm

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2015, 23:17 »

Thanks will try that.
patopeixe

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2015, 18:22 »

Hey Gildor! I just tried to use the viewer again with the new SFV beta files that came out this past week, and I keep getting an error. I've tried using the newest viewer version, and I tried overriding with every single Unreal Engine 4 possible version and still get the same error.

Here it is:

Any idea what's causing it?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2015, 19:21 »

Hi.
Cause - encryption, corrupted files, etc.
Darko

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2015, 02:09 »

Hi.
Cause - encryption, corrupted files, etc.

Set ue4 to 4.5 in umodel and the character models are loadable.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 02:19 by Darko » Logged
ComboDemHeavy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2016, 09:54 »

Hey Gildor.
First, thanks for this wonderful app and for sharing. Very cool.
I recently extracted the assets from one of the stages and they are all 0,0,0 for their xyz coordinates. Is it feasible to peak into the scene file that references the objects, so at the very least, I can compile a list of the proper coordinates for easier reassembly?
Any help would be greatly appreciated and if there's anything you might need from me(screenshot, actual folder, etc) just let me know.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2016, 13:21 »

Hi. Level information is not read by UModel, so it is not possible to get what you want.
ComboDemHeavy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2016, 14:16 »

I see. Thank you anyway, and thanks for the reply.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 14:21 by ComboDemHeavy » Logged
Darko

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2016, 04:36 »

I have some PS4 UE4 files, I don't know if gildor is interested in those files.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2016, 12:56 »

For what?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: