March 28, 2024, 22:18
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Fable Legends  (Read 15663 times)
Mandalorian
Sponsor

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2015, 03:54 »

Hello! The program scan content with override ue4.9. When I try view a model crash with this. I do not know what it means
Trying to allocate -1610612736 bytes
appMalloc:size=-1610612736 <- FArray::Empty:973078528 x 16 <- TArray::Serialize:0/0 <- FStaticLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize:1/4 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'SK_Balverine_00_Master_GEO.SK_Balverine_00_Master_GEO', pos=1BF8CE, ver=415/17, game=1000A <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:SK_Balverine_00_Master_GEO <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=411
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 20:47 »

Starting with 4.8 Unreal engine has version inside packages. Are you sure this game uses 4.9? I think you should try different versions too.
Mandalorian
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 23:05 »

Thanks Gildor! I tried with all versions without success. with 4.8 I obtain this

Serialized FString is not null-terminated
FString<< <- SerializePackageFileSummary4 <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=415/17 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:Content/Characters/Creatures/Combatant/Ogre/Geometry/Static_Meshes/Ogre_Belt_Break_Pose_GEO.uasset, ver=451/17, game=10009 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:Content/Characters/Creatures/Combatant/Ogre/Geometry/Static_Meshes/Ogre_Belt_Break_Pose_GEO.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=411

However with 4.9 in one of the folders (same ogre file) I could visualize a psk file and pskx successfully with 4.9.  With 4.8 I can not. The other files I trying to visualize not work.
We can say that the game is partially supported

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 23:16 »

I'm unsure if I tested UModel with 4.9 cooked packages, perhaps not ...
CultOfByron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 19:03 »

Hello there, I'm just wondering if anybody is actively working on the files for Fable Legends?  Using umodel I have had varied results but so far no model exporting.  Pretty much the only thing that gets exported are strangely coloured TGA files that look a little like heightmaps.

Development on the game has now ceased and the studio, Lionhead, has been closed down.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 19:19 »

There were some news that probably the game will be continued, I think.
CultOfByron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 20:51 »

Hi Gildor and thanks for the quick reply!

I was in the closed beta and I can confirm that it has now stopped.  Such a shame as it was promising to be a really fun game, looked gorgeous too!
CultOfByron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 20:17 »

Hi to anyone interested in the now cancelled Fable Legends.  I have run umodel on the uncompressed PAK files in the game directory and basically, apart from one mesh - part of a "cullis gate" - the only files that have been exported are TGA files, one of which I have attached.  These TGAs appear to be landscape files but they seem quite distorted, does anyone know of a way to render these TGAs more useful in a landscape editing program?  Is this way of handling landscape heightmaps unique to Unreal?

Thanks in advance Wink

[вложение удалено Администратором]
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 20:31 »

Hi. Heightmaps should be in 16-bit texture formats, which are very specific to Unreal and has no bitmap file representation. So, they are not handled by UModel at all.
If you're seeing some colorful image of heightmap, most likely this is a screenshot or something similar, and it is highly unlikely that you're seeing heightmap used to produce geometry. This is my opinion.
CultOfByron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 11:22 »

Ah ok, thank you for clearing that up.

The fact that they look like terrain was misleading, maybe they're normal map texture files or something to do with the way landscape textures are handled in Lionhead's version of the Unreal engine.
CultOfByron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 17:46 »

Hello again!

I'm once again attempting to extract the files from Fable Legends.  I thought I'd have another try since umodel has been updated in the meantime.  Nothing seems to have changed though and I'm wondering if it's possible I've done something wrong.

My biggest issue is that there seem to be no static meshes found in the umap files, just tga files as I highlighted in an earlier post.

Can anyone help?  Is anyone else looking into this (now abandoned) game?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 18:33 »

umap has nothing visible for UModel, except lightmap textures. In UE4 everything should be located in uasset files. Usually 1 object per asset file.
jmgg

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 21:49 »

anyone can share game files or uasset files?
CultOfByron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 19:07 »

umap has nothing visible for UModel, except lightmap textures. In UE4 everything should be located in uasset files. Usually 1 object per asset file.

Umaps are what I got when I decompressed the pak files.  There were uasset files too but they were all 1kb so clearly something not right with the decompressor...
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2016, 19:46 »

Ok, try different pak extractor, if you think that UModel is wrong.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: