March 29, 2024, 11:04
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Fable Legends  (Read 15664 times)
CultOfByron

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 20:11 »

Ok, try different pak extractor, if you think that UModel is wrong.

Hi Gildor, sorry for any misunderstanding but I meant the pak extractor is at fault, not umodel - which has been fantastic so far.  I've used it on Fable Anniversary and Journey with no problems and I thank you very much for it!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2016, 20:48 »

UE4 pak format is very simple, and it is very hard to make a mistake there. So it is really unclear what could be wrong in your case. Anyway, I'm unsure if this game is supported or not - UModel has no special code for this game, but most UE4 games works without anything special in UModel, just with "pure" UE4 code.
CultOfByron

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2016, 16:38 »

These are two error messages I get when I try to export

Fatal Error: lzo_decompress (100233, 131072) returned -6

Call stack:

"appDecompress:CompSize=6860 UncompSize=11687 Flags=0x2 <- SerializeCompressed <- FPakFile::Serialize <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- UnPackage::CreateLoader:environment/foliage/meshes/a_rose_petal_v01_white_geo.uasset <- UnPackage::UnPackage:environment/foliage/meshes/a_rose_petal_v01_white_geo.uasset, ver=100000/0, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:environment/foliage/meshes/a_rose_petal_v01_white_geo.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=469"

"appDecompress:CompSize=100233 UncompSize=131072 Flags=0x2 <- SerializeCompressed <- FPakFile::Serialize <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- UnPackage::CreateLoader:environment/brightlodge/buildings/textures/t_bl_woodbeams_v1_diff.uasset <- UnPackage::UnPackage:environment/brightlodge/buildings/textures/t_bl_woodbeams_v1_diff.uasset, ver=100000/0, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:environment/brightlodge/buildings/textures/t_bl_woodbeams_v1_diff.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=469"
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2016, 18:01 »

Aha, understood. This is the issue:
https://trello.com/c/PaN0bM4U/175-more-ue4-compression
I've noticed the difference of compressed flags between UE3 and UE4 (here's an exception with LZO decompression, which is missing in UE4), but didn't have an example of game which uses this compression.
Chrono

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2016, 01:00 »

Does anyone have a copy of this game and it's files? I'd like to preserve this one before it gets lost like a bunch of the others have.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 20:08 »

I'd like to get sample files from this game too - just to provide support for this game. Of course, only if someone needs this.
Drawing

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2016, 23:48 »

Is there anyone could provide download link for this game since it had been deleted?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2016, 00:42 »

Hi guys. This is a copy of my message in PM. It is relevant to this game, so I'm (partially) posting it here.

Some files from this game are failed to open. It seems this game has some customization to asset formats. I think it is not worth trying to support this game as it is "dead" now, and even it's very hard to find game's files. If I'll spend my time supporting it, it won't be possible to find game's files in 1 year anyway, so this work will be useful only for a few people.
Initially I assumed that UModel crashed just because this game uses some features of UE4 which are not supported by UModel. But now I see that UModel is good enough with Unreal engine 4, and it crashes because of custom engine used here.
Sorry for possible disappointment. I have very little time for UModel now, and trying to spend it supporting as many UE4 features as possible and not wasting it with particular games, especially discontinued ones. At least before everything else will work.

Just to clarify some things: I respect products made by Lionhead Studios a lot. Fable is really a great game (at least previous parts), and I was upset that the studio was abandoned. However I don't feel that it is worth spending unknown amount of time doing support for this game.

P.S. In a case if I'll decide to look at this game one day, please also post game's executable file. It is not possible to research custom engine without having it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 00:44 by Gildor » Logged
Chrono

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2016, 04:08 »

@Gildor: It's understandable. I've always been a fan of fable and have been out of the video game scene for a bit. Was sad I didn't get to see the game play and the studio go down, but UE4 has many promising games coming out and I totally agree that you should focus on your family and work first. Speaking as a user of umodel, we get excited to be able to take apart our favorite games and often overlook the work that goes into the program you've made - all the games it supports as one tool and the massive amount of time you've put into it. I've noticed from your posts that you seem to be getting burnt out and I just wanted to say thank you for everything you've done.
lolwat
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2016, 18:47 »

@Gildor, if I may ask kindly...

If you ever support this game, please, make sure we get links to the entire game. :/
Or else like you said, this will be only useful for a few people. Very few.
It's pretty frustrating when you can't find the files for a game. (Gigantic, for example!)

And by the way, taking what Chrono said...
I should also say to focus on your family and work.
Try to not get burned out with annoying/stupid posts (seriously, fuck Lost Ark) and do things on your own time.
I'm pretty sure you sacrificed a lot to give us overall UE4 support. And really, this is more than anyone could ask for. Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2016, 09:17 »

Thanks Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2016, 19:42 »

One man has provided me a game executable file. I've checked it (wasted a few hours) and found that most likely it uses LZ4 compression for pak files. May be one day I'll return to this game ...
BuraSucz

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2016, 23:30 »

One man has provided me a game executable file. I've checked it (wasted a few hours) and found that most likely it uses LZ4 compression for pak files. May be one day I'll return to this game ...

This feeling, when you want to help, but others don't want to help themselves  Tongue
eschatos

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2018, 20:55 »

is anyone still interested in working on fable legends?
I was wondering if i could ever play this game again Wink
Mandalorian
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2020, 03:29 »

I would like to revive this project if there is enough interest in the support of the game and with the help of Gildor if he considers it. I'm still hoping for umodel support. I link you with the files of some of the models that I could fully visualize; model, textures and animation.  https://mega.nz/file/u4sFVA5Z#2ifmsupxfl0FwPwnvH553AO3wNJ2RaFGXEElyvikx8E

On the other hand nothing works on this others links. Unfortunately this happens in practically all the files that I have been able to test. https://mega.nz/file/Xl9FTbKb#9JGTkvdDmVOmFTm6Ua82QT8mswYedV0lLUKZtpSMgIg https://mega.nz/file/ztkzzJjJ#lYg26VwwfxpXnsJkwADsnyqMGgyOg-hPM38rUTSqCiI

Years have passed, Yes; but Gildor has acquired Power and Umodel with him

* SK_Ogre_GEO.jpg (195.05 KB, 800x600 - viewed 199 times.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 03:33 by Mandalorian » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: