March 29, 2024, 14:52
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Guilty Gear Xrd (PC)  (Read 11790 times)
Friedslick6

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2015, 21:56 »

For consistency, could you please add support for the PC release of Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-?
https://mega.nz/#F!gsQS1T5D!C_JloUXF-EKPCrdQ1nmuEQ
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 22:06 »

This game has its own thread
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,2561.0.html
and I'm unsure which versions are supported, I'm rarely testing games by myself.
lolwat
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 02:02 »

and I'm unsure which versions are supported, I'm rarely testing games by myself.

A PC version was released today or so.
Before, it was a Playstation exclusive.  Tongue
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 02:13 »

Well, I've checked files from "mega". Some of them works, other raises "wrong package tag" error. Packages with errors has garbage inside, they are not valid packages - they are either encrypted, or contains real trash inside due to some extraction error etc. Were these packages taken from a working game?
Friedslick6

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 03:06 »

Ah sorry, I assumed the parenthesis required a seperate topic.
Well, I've checked files from "mega". Some of them works, other raises "wrong package tag" error. Packages with errors has garbage inside, they are not valid packages - they are either encrypted, or contains real trash inside due to some extraction error etc. Were these packages taken from a working game?
These are unmodified packages from the game's installation directory, but not all of them may contain content. I just gave you a whole character's files just in case.
lolwat
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 08:57 »

Friedslick6, what do not work for you? What error do you get?
Anything extracts at all?
UncleFestor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 16:37 »

I was wondering the samething. The only files that will decompress or extract are the sfx files. Seems that the actual Char texture packages might be encrypted.
lolwat
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 05:14 »

I got the game to check out. I don't think they are encrypted.

Errors:

Code:
Wrong tag in package: 5C0F3FCC
FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:REDGame/CookedPCConsole/AdvScene_PL.upk, ver=100000/0, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:REDGame/CookedPCConsole/AdvScene_PL.upk <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIBaseDialog::WndProc <- UIBaseDialog::ShowDialog:modal=1, title="Choose a package to open" <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=413

Code:
Wrong tag in package: AF10D6DF
FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:REDGame/CookedPCConsole/RAM_MSH_01_SF.upk, ver=100000/0, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:REDGame/CookedPCConsole/RAM_MSH_01_SF.upk <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=413

More samples: https://mega.nz/#!GZdhRJAR!R8L3hU9bNnRr6aH-N7Lrzg2PuaZYXR50tv3agxhx_w4

I know Gildor is still busy, so let him take his time! But if you need more samples, let me know. Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 12:51 »

I got the game to check out. I don't think they are encrypted.
These error messages tells exactly "hey, we are encrypted". And this encryption is not trivial like in some Asian games because message shows different tag for different packages, i.e. encryption key varies between packages. So I decided that it is absolutely not worth for me looking into PC version of this game, especially taking into account that another version is already supported.
lolwat
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 15:27 »

LOL. I never get one right, do I?  Tongue

At least we got to know the issue now.
Thank you, Gildor!
Friedslick6

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 12:23 »

A user on GitHub, gdkchan, has created a decryption tool for archives in the PC version of Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator (and presumably Guilty Gear Xrd Sign, though I haven't tested it).
Github Project Link
After decryption, all but 270 archives are near-fully compatible with Umodel using the -game=guilty parameter.
The 270 incompatible archives give errors during StaticMesh extraction, the majority (200) of which are "Bad Allocation Size".
I created a new issue in the project that contained the related error log and a list of affected archives, and also asked if the decryption was corrupting the archives.
gdkchan seemed confident that the archives were valid, and stated that Umodel may have an issue interpreting their StaticMesh class.
Project Issue Link

If this is an issue with Umodel, could it please be resolved?
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator Problem Archives
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 13:34 by Friedslick6 » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 12:33 »

1. Regarding 2 game versions. Does one of them works, and another - no? What's the difference in terms of UModel support?
2. I need decrypted files which crashes UModel. Just pack several of them, perhaps largest in size (i.e. with larger models).
Friedslick6

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 21:42 »

1. Regarding 2 game versions. Does one of them works, and another - no? What's the difference in terms of UModel support?
Okay, just checked.
Archive decryption seems to work on both PC versions, and Umodel can extract almost all assets from both PC versions.
The same StaticMesh-related issue is also present in both PC versions, but all StaticMesh classes are extractable from the PS3 version of Guilty Gear Xrd Sign.
2. I need decrypted files which crashes UModel. Just pack several of them, perhaps largest in size (i.e. with larger models).
As the errors are varied, I decided to upload an archive containing all 270 decrypted problem archives.
It is 1.13 GB in size, so if that is a problem I can do as you ask and only upload the largest files with each problem.
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator Problem Archives
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 21:45 by Friedslick6 » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2017, 21:52 »

I was able to download only 19% before "transfer quota exceeded".

I think you should upload only several bad files. And several good files too - to be sure that I won't break compatibility with them. And PC executable is also required (I hope it don't have encryption, otherwise I won't be able to do anything).
Friedslick6

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 05:18 »

I was able to download only 19% before "transfer quota exceeded".

I think you should upload only several bad files. And several good files too - to be sure that I won't break compatibility with them. And PC executable is also required (I hope it don't have encryption, otherwise I won't be able to do anything).

Okay sure. I've uploaded the samples to Mediafire this time.
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator - Archive Samples
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: