March 29, 2024, 01:28
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Gears of War: Ultimate Edition  (Read 4858 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2020, 09:15 »

... project it is to maintain for almost a decade.
13 years, not quite "almost a decade" Smiley
Firblind

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2020, 09:19 »

Heh, guess I underestimated the amount of work you've put into this program.  Tongue
Firblind

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2020, 08:08 »

Hey, it's almost been a month so I felt it's probably a good enough time to just remind you of the game's existence, and was just wondering if you think you'll be able to get around to supporting it this time around, or if you'll need another month to actually have time.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2020, 13:32 »

I've checked the exe file (which I have since 2016), it is totally encrypted and not suitable for reverse engineering. I'm trying to "guess" the format.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2020, 15:55 »

I've pushed initial support for Gears of War: Ultimate. I have just a few packages - and there's no skeletal mesh or animations there. Static meshes are intended to work (it would be nice to get a confirmation - disable skeletal mesh and animation and then test static meshes, to confirm that nothing crashed).
VerySecretiveMan
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2020, 21:07 »

Here are more samples that should include meshes and animations.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hyn8ufpluzmmt9u/Samples_2.rar/file

Also, here's the link to the first samples I sent, I didn't realize I took the link down but it's back just in case.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3c993koj7s19l8x/Samples.rar/file

And I did test out the static meshes myself and I can confirm they work.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2020, 21:21 »

Thanks for testing and for new files.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2020, 10:45 »

Here are more samples that should include meshes and animations.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hyn8ufpluzmmt9u/Samples_2.rar/file
Sorry, but there's NO skeletal meshes and animations inside. Did you ever try opening them, or doing "scan content"?
VerySecretiveMan
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2020, 18:39 »

Oops! Sorry about that, I actually didn't do scan content before.

Here are the files that should contain the skeletons and animations: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mif70426a0jyj1x/Samples_3.rar/file
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2020, 17:36 »

Probably done ...

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2020, 18:04 »

Did anyone check SkeletalMesh and Animation? I've checked with a few upk (xxx) files, however taking into account 3-step support for statics, this might not work for everything.
Firblind

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2020, 04:06 »

Unfortunatly, using a pirated version of the game has encrypted xxx and are unsupported, and my Windows Store has stopped working on my PC, so I haven't been able to reinstall the game. So far though everything from the samples have worked like you said. I don't know if any of the TFC files work.
VerySecretiveMan
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2020, 05:52 »

I got this error when exporting from 'SP_Tomb_P'

Code:
appDecompressLZX <- appDecompress: CompSize=16188 UncompSize=32768 Flags=0x4 <- appReadCompressedChunk <- FByteBulkData::SerializeDataChunk <- FByteBulkData::SerializeData <- UTexture2D::LoadBulkTexture: File=Lighting7.tfc Mip=0 <- UTexture2D::GetTextureData: DirectionalLightmapCoef1_76_0 <- CTextureExportWorker::Setup <- ExportTexture <- ExportMaterial: LightMapTexture2D'DirectionalLightmapCoef1_76_0' <- ExportObject: LightMapTexture2D'DirectionalLightmapCoef1_76_0' <- ExportObjects <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1376

And here's a TFC file along with the tomb file if that helps: http://www.mediafire.com/file/r1sdt0mbq7y57ze/Samples_4.rar/file

I also tested out SkeletalMesh and Animation, they appear to be working good for me.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2020, 18:02 »

(removed a few posts ...)
I've occasionally recognized that this game has (at least) 2 different "CompressionFlags" referring to the same LZ4 decompressor. This is strange, but when I told to UModel to use LZ4 not just for value 32, but for 4 too - it started to work.
VerySecretiveMan
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2020, 18:52 »

Oops! I think I know why I got that error. I ended up not downloading the latest umodel from today and now textures are exporting properly. Overall, the assets are working well for me and I haven't run into any further issues.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: