Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: exporting options  (Read 3789 times)
CodeMan

View Profile WWW
exporting options
« on: November 27, 2008, 00:37 »

hi there !
first : you do really good job ,pretty impresive work !!

ok i tested the export function but i noticed something
why not adding an export flag "-r" for renaming the textures attached to a mesh:
example :
mymesh.psa
mymesh.psk
mymesh_text0.tga
mymesh_text1.tga

and so on...

seems that the psk generated does not contains texture filenames or if possible to add them into it to avoid remapping each mesh when exporting an ukx containing lot of mesh and textures in the same folder

hum could you add a registry entry that store the app path and the main 3d hwnd ?
this could be really usefull if i can access thoses entries then associate ukx,utx files to a front-end program with more or less options and set the main 3d window as a child window in my front end app  Grin^

so we can get a gui app

_-=<(¯`·._.
CodeMan

View Profile WWW
Re: exporting options
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 00:44 »

ho i forget to says i will use a home made scripting language to achieve this :
http://www.fbsl.net/phpbb2/index.php

my fbsl forum nick is "CodeMan" an fbsl coder/developper.

i also started to work on an ut2003 model viewer, founded some models infos like polycount ,vertex count and bones infos  by hexediting ukx files but was not able to achieve my viewer.

_-=<(¯`·._.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 13:56 »

Hi!

why not adding an export flag "-r" for renaming the textures attached to a mesh
Texture (and all other objects) is exported with the name, which is assigned to it inside unreal package. Single texture may be shared between few meshes or used in a few complex materials - should I export it multiple times with a different names? There is no problem to check, which materials are assigned to mesh - press <M> key.

seems that the psk generated does not contains texture filenames or if possible to add them into it to avoid remapping each mesh when exporting an ukx containing lot of mesh and textures in the same folder
Yes, texture names in psk are missing. Possibly I will fix it later. Really, often more complex material than "Texture" is used, and there is no way to import "Combiner", "Shader" etc objects to UnrealEd - they must be created by hands. So, adding texture names to psk will fix only 10% of this issue.

hum could you add a registry entry that store the app path and the main 3d hwnd
No. This application does not use platform-specific code. And there is no installer for it (installer for cmdline application??), which should perform task you are talking about.

so we can get a gui app
It's easy to create GUI frontend without modifying umodel Smiley

ho i forget to says i will use a home made scripting language to achieve this
Hmmm... To achieve what?

my fbsl forum nick is "CodeMan" an fbsl coder/developper
There is no "CodeMan" here Smiley
http://www.fbsl.net/phpbb2/memberlist.php

i also started to work on an ut2003 model viewer, founded some models infos like polycount ,vertex count and bones infos  by hexediting ukx files but was not able to achieve my viewer
Unreal Engine uses variable-sized data fields, and usually there is no way to find data without complete object serialization.
CodeMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 15:29 »

Hi!

why not adding an export flag "-r" for renaming the textures attached to a meshTexture (and all other objects) is exported with the name, which is assigned to it inside unreal package. Single texture may be shared between few meshes or used in a few complex materials - should I export it multiple times with a different names? There is no problem to check, which materials are assigned to mesh - press <M> key.
ok thanks for the info.

Yes, texture names in psk are missing. Possibly I will fix it later. Really, often more complex material than "Texture" is used, and there is no way to import "Combiner", "Shader" etc objects to UnrealEd - they must be created by hands. So, adding texture names to psk will fix only 10% of this issue.
i really hope you will fix it

hum could you add a registry entry that store the app path and the main 3d hwndNo. This application does not use platform-specific code. And there is no installer for it (installer for cmdline application??), which should perform task you are talking about.
ok i will use some api tricks ^^

so we can get a gui appIt's easy to create GUI frontend without modifying umodel Smiley
sure i will work on it ^^

ho i forget to says i will use a home made scripting language to achieve this
Hmmm... To achieve what?
a good frontend gui app

my fbsl forum nick is "CodeMan" an fbsl coder/developper
There is no "CodeMan" here Smiley

here i am ^^ : http://www.fbsl.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2195
strangely i am not listed in merberlist héhé  Smiley

i also started to work on an ut2003 model viewer, founded some models infos like polycount ,vertex count and bones infos  by hexediting ukx files but was not able to achieve my viewer
Unreal Engine uses variable-sized data fields, and usually there is no way to find data without complete object serialization.
really interested to see your source code ^^
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 15:42 by gildor » Logged

_-=<(¯`·._.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 15:47 »

so we can get a gui appIt's easy to create GUI frontend without modifying umodel
sure i will work on it ^^
Smiley

a good frontend gui app
This may be coded on C++. But I have no such plans.

really interested to see your source code ^^
Will be available later.
Jump to: