March 28, 2024, 19:44
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Gears of War 4  (Read 10226 times)
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2016, 20:22 »

In working with Gildor with GOW4 I have managed to decrypt all files coming from Microsoft store.
I'm in the process now of decrypting the executable so Gildor can do his magic.

For those who want to learn how to decrypt the GOW4 files watch this video and download the files.
it works fine for me. be mindful though, you're going to need a lot of space. GOW4 sits at 91G, so
when you decrypt the files you're looking at atleast 182G of space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQUI5IUcWhQ&t=1s

Good luck and keep your fingers crossed that Gildor has enough time to work on this.

esr911
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 20:12 by Gildor » Logged
Doomava

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 07:34 »

Praise! Checking this daily.. any updates?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 08:27 »

Nope. I need a decrypted game's executable to continue work. esr911 tried to dump executable file a couple of times, however every time is has some important information lost, making the whole file absolutely useless.

I've asked esr911 to create this thread to not forget information which we (he) are already have - if one day I'll return to this game.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 20:50 »

Thanks to m0fx from Russian thread, I've got game files and dumped game executable. I've spent a few days working on this game, and now umodel can load Gears of War 4 textures. Nothing else is supported.

Why "a few days"? Because
1) Gears 4 has custom pak file format, with custom (lz4) compression
2) Assets are bundled into fewer files, so umodel reads bundle database and provides full file list to user. Bundles are "transparent", so user even wouldn't know that files are stitched together.

Now I need a few days of rest, most likely I won't work on GOW4 in nearest future - I've wasted a few working days (huge impact on my salary), so I need to compensate working time.

Important notes:
1. prefer to not extracting game pak files, provide to umodel path to pak files.
2. game should be set to "Gears of War 4" (may use command line -game=gears4)
3. umodel will look for BundleManifest.bin file and will crash (with meaningful error message) if it won't be found.

Please don't ask here about the following
1. Where to get the game files.
2. Upload any game files to this forum.
3. "Please support ... (something) ..., I need these assets ASAP".
4. Reporting any errors caused by incorrect use of umodel (not following "red" instructions above).
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 21:07 »

Just a thought. Did you not make umodel public? I thought you would have an army of coders under you now that obey every command you give them? Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 21:17 »

Haha, yes and no. Yes - it's public. No - people are not doing anything significant for umodel. When someone probably uses umodel to learn Unreal code, they are posting own tools with no contributions (and even no credits back to umodel) to other forums, as entirely own development. Probably they afraid that I'll get some credits instead of them Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 15:00 »

The game is fully supported now.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 15:31 »

Awesome news Cheesy, to work again! (Needs to get another SSD/HDD for that game though lol)

Blender + Linux User Here.
Tola

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 16:45 »

Important notes:
1. prefer to not extracting game pak files, provide to umodel path to pak files.
2. game should be set to "Gears of War 4" (may use command line -game=gears4)
3. umodel will look for BundleManifest.bin file and will crash (with meaningful error message) if it won't be found.

1:Okay
2:Okay
3:BundleManifest.bin under "E:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SpartaUWP_12.1.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GearGame" ?

Error:
Unable to open file E:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SpartaUWP_12.1.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GearGame/Content/Paks/de-DE/WwiseAudioCulture_GUDS.pak
FFileArchive::OpenFile <- FFileReader::FFileReader:E:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SpartaUWP_12.1.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GearGame/Content/Paks/de-DE/WwiseAudioCulture_GUDS.pak <- MountVFS <- appRegisterGameFile:E:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SpartaUWP_12.1.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GearGame/Content/Paks/de-DE/WwiseAudioCulture_GUDS.pak <- ScanGameDirectory <- ScanGameDirectory <- ScanGameDirectory <- ScanGameDirectory <- appSetRootDirectory:dir=E:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SpartaUWP_12.1.0.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GearGame <- Main:umodel_build=693

where is my mistake?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 17:24 »

I've got "clean" game files. Probably files you're looking at are protected. No idea. That should be commented by someone who knows how to get files from Windows installation.
Ranbhy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 14:00 »

Hello. I run gildor on game files. I have everything setup.
but most of meshes are not textured. do you know how to fix it?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 16:36 »

This is correct for Gears 4, this game has custom material system. I think this was already explained somewhere on the forum.
Ranbhy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2021, 17:36 »

So isn't there any way to make it correct?
I didn't read it anywhere
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2021, 22:13 »

No, just use your hands and brains - there's no other way.
Ranbhy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2021, 22:50 »

What If I manuallh export to max using your script? Can I manually link meshes and textures?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: