March 29, 2024, 08:48
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Friday the 13th: The Game  (Read 23864 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2019, 10:16 »

I've verified those files. It seems there's only one texture which crashes UModel, and I've investigated data - there's something strange at the very beginning of property block, what I can't understand. I've compared that texture with other textures which works, and see nothing what could say "there's something at the beginning what should be skipped". So, at the moment I can't do anything with that, unless similar issue will appear with other games too.
Ja1862

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2019, 02:03 »

Anyone been able to figure out how to recolour the characters and 're add them to the game?

"Example 're-colouring
Chad with black hair"

Then adding it back to the game or making Rob playable
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2019, 05:33 »

Anyone been able to figure out how to recolour the characters and 're add them to the game?

"Example 're-colouring
Chad with black hair"

Then adding it back to the game or making Rob playable
If you carefully read the forum, you will realize that even just getting the textures from the game is extremely difficult.
Secondly, the game uses anti-cheat, which will not let you enter the game and most likely you will get a ban.

MARK2580
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2019, 01:26 »

For those who want to get at least some resources from this game:

The latest versions of the game on Steam are NOT supported and most likely will never be supported.
The latest supported version was released sometime in December 2017. On the version of the engine 4.13.
This is about the build when virtual cabin 2.0 came out. All other versions that came out in 2018 already on the new version of the engine and they can no longer be opened. Take my word, I downloaded about 6 different versions from torrents.
Also the latest versions of umodel also do not support these versions. You need to download umodel Apr 14 2019 (build 980) and older, they still supported the game. Look for something on torrents Friday.The.13th.The.Game.B9675.Steam.Rip
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 03:30 by mark2580 » Logged

MARK2580
Conformist

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2019, 10:43 »

For those who want to get at least some resources from this game:

The latest versions of the game on Steam are NOT supported and most likely will never be supported.
The latest supported version was released sometime in December 2017. On the version of the engine 4.13.
This is about the build when virtual cabin 2.0 came out. All other versions that came out in 2018 already on the new version of the engine and they can no longer be opened. Take my word, I downloaded about 6 different versions from torrents.
Also the latest versions of umodel also do not support these versions. You need to download umodel version 643 or similar versions, they still supported the game. Look for something on torrents Friday.The.13th.The.Game.B9675.Steam.Rip

Seems to be working just fine with the latest F13 and uModel release. Able to look at meshes, textures, export (Meshes and Textures), etc. just fine under UE4.18.

mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2019, 03:21 »

Seems to be working just fine with the latest F13 and uModel release. Able to look at meshes, textures, export (Meshes and Textures), etc. just fine under UE4.18.

Did you open the latest version on Steam ? PAK archive itself ? Didn't unpack anything ? Because I only get it

UE Viewer (UModel)
Compiled Jul 11 2019 (build 1034)

File d:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\Common\F13Game/SummerCamp/Content/Paks/SummerCamp-WindowsNoEditor.pak has an unknown format
Found 1 game files (71 skipped) at path "d:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\Common\F13Game"
Scanned game directory in 0.0 sec, 145 allocs, 0.00 MBytes serialized in 3 calls.

As mentioned earlier, at the moment you can only open the unpacked version by disabling the reading of textures.

UPD: At the moment, 07/18/19. Umodel almost fully supports the current version on Steam. To do this, you need to unpack the PAK using QuckBMS and start Umodel with version 4.18 by turning off texture reading, since Some textures (it seems some normal maps) crash the program. Textures will have to be exported manually.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 18:08 by mark2580 » Logged

MARK2580
Conformist

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2019, 05:56 »

Didn't have to turn anything off. Current Steam version, used QuickBMS for unpacking and using a slightly older version of uModel. Everything exports without crashing, used this model as an example.

charlesberg

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2019, 17:00 »

Didn't have to turn anything off. Current Steam version, used QuickBMS for unpacking and using a slightly older version of uModel. Everything exports without crashing, used this model as an example.

Can confirm, also able to scan content to determine which is Texture, Anim, etc. Animations also export fine too.

edit; the version of umodel I have was downloaded on the 12th of July.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 17:02 by charlesberg » Logged
Conformist

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2019, 10:38 »

Hidden love support by Gildor confirmed?  Roll Eyes
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2019, 10:55 »

Hidden love support by Gildor confirmed?  Roll Eyes
What did you mean?
Conformist

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2019, 16:50 »

Well you have said you disliked horror games. And I've also noticed I can open Pakchunks now without having to use QuickBMS. So can't say how much I appreciate that support.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2019, 17:01 »

It's just because the game works with "standard engine" in UModel Smiley
oskaras

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2019, 15:46 »

Ive seen people in lobbies running Uber jason and savini. Ive unpacked the pak file but i dont know what exactly i need to edit to get the jasons in my game. Can anyone help me and explain what to do?
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2019, 04:07 »

Ive seen people in lobbies running Uber jason and savini. Ive unpacked the pak file but i dont know what exactly i need to edit to get the jasons in my game. Can anyone help me and explain what to do?
Do you even understand why they unpack the archive here? You are going to somehow modify the game, but you will not succeed in this 200% and you will not be able to pack anything back. That whom you saw most likely ordinary cheaters.

MARK2580
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2019, 05:22 »

I don’t understand why you still claim that everything opens without problems. Almost any model immediately gives an error. Umodel does not support some normal maps. Actually, this also displays an error in the screenshot.

MARK2580
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: