Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Conan Exiles  (Read 14433 times)
Exc1usive

View Profile
Re: Conan Exiles
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2021, 13:58 »

Here is specific umodel build, which allow you to load game packages directly without extracting them. No special override is required, just choose proper game engine (4.15 at the moment). DLCs are encrypted, you can find the key in usual place (link).

Help me figure it out UE Viewer does not want to open standard files as well as (QuickBMS) unpacked and DLC files unpacked with a key. 0x5662557A7630783246395A4171674E486B34346F4A4F32437A6F6C6156554A74

software and script for unpacking
https://mega.nz/file/ygsgULIJ#qgzKzbzOsKx7GBI3ABwslZf9DgteZWMlcPb3vRtoKHA

unpacked sample
https://mega.nz/file/T48AFBoK#VHc_t3tXyxw4u19KQ37-TjT5TYD7m32L-Y8FCztL9tE

what am I doing wrong?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2021, 17:21 »

@Exc1usive: You've extracted those files with default UE4 script instead of specific one from specific scripts bundle. And it's seems you're trying to do the same with umodel - to open paks in official build, which is not supporting them directly, instead of using specific build, attached in my post you've just quoted. Please be more careful next time reading topics.
NicotineCaffeine

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2021, 23:23 »

So in the end, to get the diffuse maps what should one do? Unpack them with the other program first and then use umodel, or..?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 14:18 by NicotineCaffeine » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2021, 16:56 »

@NicotineCaffeine: umodel supports only basic materials layouts. In all other cases you need to re-create them manually in a third-party app (like Blender) with the help of material properties, available in the viewer itself (by pressing "M" and clicking on respective material name) or upon export in prop txt files. When you're exporting a mesh in umodel, it will export all related textures, linked through materials (if possible).
NicotineCaffeine

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2021, 22:35 »

Yeah, i have those, but those with the some sort of base colored version work, but those which only that different colored squares? Those do not import anything at all.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 22:47 by NicotineCaffeine » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2021, 01:00 »

@NicotineCaffeine: Some dynamic materials (usually based on shaders) and WorldGridMaterial type are not supported even for properties. You can also check for parent materials in material properties (if present), but usually if you're exporting a mesh and there are no actual textures exported with it, I doubt you can do much with it, because in most cases texturing of such meshes relies on shaders.
NicotineCaffeine

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2021, 23:18 »

Yeah, you could download those and most of the rest if you download the devkit. Trouble is, it weights 200 and more gb.
So i think i'm gonna pass.
cire992

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2021, 00:37 »

Anyone have any luck getting the textures for the DLCs? While the DLCs' meshes are easy to access, the textures only exist in the GraniteSDK paks. I've tried unpacking them with UnrealPak and quickbms and opening them in umodel but obviously they all throw errors. I even tried ripping the textures in-game with ninjaripper and resorep but they can't seem to intercept them. I haven't been able to get the game to launch with RenderDoc, but I imagine the results would be similar. As of right now, the DLC textures seem to be completely inaccessible. Does anyone know of any other ways to intercept textures? It seems weird to me that I can be looking at an image rendered in a scene in real time and not be able to dump it somehow. I mean, geometry is usually the hard part.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2021, 22:49 »

@cire992: You can't extract anything from the game packages with default tools/scripts, because it's using modified format (one field is different). You can use game specific script for quickbms, which is available here in specific scripts bundle (also, custom umodel build with support for such packages is available on previous page).
As for the Granite textures, they're using their own implementation of virtual textures (even UE4 ones are not currently supported in umodel, because only one or two games are using it at the moment). You can read more about it in the official Granite presentation. And judging by content of gtp files, they're using their own proprietary texture compression codec (in UE4 implementation zlib/deflate compression is used for tiles, which are using default BC formats).

So it will be faster to grab them at runtime, indeed. I'll recommend something like Intel GPA or NVIDIA Nsight, though you must run the game without battleye, otherwise it will not work.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 17:43 by spiritovod » Logged
gamer033
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2023, 23:09 »

Thank you for the files, it actually worked to unpack. Does anyone know how to unpack mods from the workshop?
I always get this error:

assertion failed: SerializeSize64 < 0x800000000
FObjectExport::Serialize4 <- UnPackage::LoadExportTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage: /Characters/humans/materials/M_human_f_head06.uasset, ver=511/5, game=ue4.15 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage(info): /Characters/humans/materials/M_human_f_head06.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1544 based

This occurs when using the custom umodel conan on the pak as well as when you using the DevKit unpak and then umodel/umodel_conan on the uasset.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2023, 22:02 »

@gamer033: I've updated specific build on previous page, now it should work with assets created in official game editor (including mods).
gamer033
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2023, 23:14 »

Wow it works, thank you! I wish i could do such thing.
Do you know if we can also extract code from the files? I just want to use it for learning how to create mods and maybe take a look on others for learning. Probably not as it's compiled right?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 23:47 by gamer033 » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2023, 22:17 »

@gamer033: Everything related to modding is out of scope of this forum, but I suppose there shouldn't be problems with creating mods, since there is official editor and plenty manuals over internet for the game. Even though editor doesn't support cooked (already compiled) assets, it's rather learning about unreal editor than about game assets specifics.
Jump to: