March 28, 2024, 22:32
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Fortnite  (Read 279084 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 22, 2017, 02:50 »

This post is updated with a CURRENT STATE of Fortnite support

PLEASE READ THIS POST before posting anything here!

I hate this kind of emphasis to the message, but people constantly asking questions about their mistakes caused by ignorance of things described here. Please do not ask any questions which has been answered in this post. The game state changes often, so most of the thread will be useless. First post (that one you're reading now) and and a few recent pages of the thread are must for reading. And it would be even better if you'll read the full thread before posting, especially if you're going to ask things like "where to find some head mesh", "some icon image" etc. I know it is long, but it's long because of kind of the people which I mentioned before - who asks questions without trying to find answers themselves. Some people tells me - "I'm too busy, I'd better ask than search". By asking questions this way, you're wasting somebody-else's time. Please respect other people's time!

The end of kindergarten notice. Now, information ...

Generic information

• Fortnite is under heavy development, and Epic Games constantly updates the engine that at times will break support for uModel.
  • In order to work with animations, you should follow this tutorial video: Youtube Link. Trying to export animation tracks uassets separately will give you a result which you probably won't like. Also it is strongly advised to watch this video: Youtube Link
  • Fortnite uses encrypted pak files. Encryption key changes quite often, so it is possible that at some point the key provided in this thread will stop working.
  • Sound export works well. It seems all sounds are located in /FortniteGame/Content/Sounds folder. Don't forget to enable sound asset loading at UModel startup (check "Sounds" options in UI, or add "-sounds" option to the command line). Usually people who tells me that "sounds doesn't work" simply didn't follow necessary steps and didn't enable necessary option.
  • If you're going to say anything about "I have error - 'no supported files'" etc, please read the FAQ.

Always make sure uModel is update to date.

Current state of Fortnite support - Updated 8/4/2022

• Season V20.00+ is not currently supported by official UModel build
  • New 2021: under some conditions, "special builds" with Fortnite support are posted at my Patreon page. This happens when changes made for Fortnite breaks compatibility with other games.
  • As of January 2022, you should use Engine Override to UE4.28. If this information will be outdated (e.g. after UE4.27 official release) and UE Viewer has an option for a newer engine, try using the newer one if UE Viewer crashes.
  • Fortnite uses AES encryption. The recent key has been provided in this thread.
  • You can't "save packages" and use it anywhere else after migration to utok/ucas file system.
  • Fortnite started to use oodle compression. If you'll see an error saying "Internal Oodle decompressor failed, oo2core_5_win32.dll not found" - you should obtain the mentioned DLL yourself and put it next to the umodel.exe. If you're having trouble locating the dll yourself, read this twitter thread.

Please Note! :
That there are several small pak files which uses different AES key. You may find keys in this thread. When opening game files with "common" key, uModel (UE Viewer?), will show a warning message for those files saying that AES key doesn't match.

Mountain Flash's (MinshuG) UModel Fortnite V20.00 Fix

V20.00 Patreon Page

FModel: a UModel Alternative Tool, has PSK and ACL Animation Support

FModel Github

Blender PSK/PSA Importer

Befzz Importer (Use Latest Branch!)

« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 18:11 by Juso3D » Logged
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 15:38 »

Thanks Gildor. That makes sense as they probably have internal builds for their own games...Will wait for a stable version. Hopefully when they move out of 'early access' we will get a version that Umodel can open.
Cheers
It is not guaranteed that Epic's games uses standard engine. Also, UT4 and PARAGON uses non-release version of UE4, so UModel sometimes can't open files. For example, currently UModel can open PARAGON, but can't open UT4.
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 03:10 »

By the way I can extract textures but no luck with meshes
fefifochizzle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 12:33 »

Hey, san, I created an account here JUST to figure this exact thing out. I am able to extract the game assets using QuickBMS, but they are in uasset files. I only care about getting the audio from this. How were you able to extract the textures?
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 02:03 »

Hi mate, with Umodel usually you don't need to extract the assets as Umodel internally can browse the assets and you can export from there. However in some case till the game is fully supported not all kind of assets can be exported. Hopefully we will get support for mesh export soon as the game has some awesome stuff.

Hey, san, I created an account here JUST to figure this exact thing out. I am able to extract the game assets using QuickBMS, but they are in uasset files. I only care about getting the audio from this. How were you able to extract the textures?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 06:23 by Blenux » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 02:18 »

Hi guys.

Fortnite is under heavy development, like Paragon. So, I suppose its engine is updated from time to time (I don't have access to the game to say anything particular). Adding support for unstable version is very heavy - if I'll support it, everything will stop working after Fortnite's engine update, and I'll need to repeat my work again to make it working.

If at some point Fortnite's engine will be in sync with current UE4 state (or with Paragon), you'll get meshes supported. If at some point later sync will be lost, game will become unsupported. And this could be repeated many times.

I think the game will be supported later, because this is Epic's game title. Just be patient and wait.
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 11:57 »

Thanks Gildor, I am fully aware of that and sorry if I came across as impatient. Was just trying to explain to 'fefifochizzle' the current situation.
I have been playing the game regularly (fun game) and the game is updated pretty much on a weekly or sometimes even on a daily basis! I absolutely love the way they have done the base building with lots of modular meshes and it is great fun to jump in with a few random ppl to do the missions :-)
If you would like to try out the game let me know and I will try to get this one for you. Will message you.
Cheers

Hi guys.

Fortnite is under heavy development, like Paragon. So, I suppose its engine is updated from time to time (I don't have access to the game to say anything particular). Adding support for unstable version is very heavy - if I'll support it, everything will stop working after Fortnite's engine update, and I'll need to repeat my work again to make it working.

If at some point Fortnite's engine will be in sync with current UE4 state (or with Paragon), you'll get meshes supported. If at some point later sync will be lost, game will become unsupported. And this could be repeated many times.

I think the game will be supported later, because this is Epic's game title. Just be patient and wait.
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 11:58 »

someone can upload file games
alote of fake in google download
Godskin, are you looking for any specific files or the whole thing? The content is in a single pak file of around 12 gig....Will be tough to upload that. Even if uploaded it is not yet supported by the tool
gorodork

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 17:13 »

someone can upload file games
alote of fake in google download

You can download the Battle Royale version for free now. I've tried to extract some models but it didn't work either at least you can extract some textures.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 19:31 »

Now Fortnite is supported. Hurry if you really need its models - when the support will be lost due to update, most likely I won't spend any time updating it!

Note 1: you should set game to "Fortnite", because this game uses mid-air version again. Something between 4.15 and 4.16.
Note 2: the animation support state for this game is the same as for PARAGON - I'm getting same kind of errors in both games. I have no idea if there's any animation which will work. Please don't post any error reports about "animation crashed umodel".

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 16:09 by Gildor » Logged
gorodork

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 16:05 »

This is awesome! Thanks!
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 17:56 »

wow! Thanks a lot mate :-) This is awesome. Going to backup the game files before they do another update Smiley
Ditto

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2017, 19:09 »

There is a problem, the sound files won't export correctly as I get an error like this and it's not just one its multiple mainly loop files and it forces Umodel to close after encountering them.

https://i.imgur.com/Uh61EGm.png

File

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5ymhez9e955cyzd/Wind_UmbrellaClosed_Loop_01.uasset
https://www.mediafire.com/file/q1u4ldpui9du6k2/new_atlas_power_beam_L.uasset
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2017, 21:02 »

I've checked these files. Sounds are in some "OPUS" format, I don't know this one. Sorry, but it seems it won't be supported for this game.
Ditto

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 00:18 »

Gotcha, any way to skip over them? I noticed that the sounds that aren't in that format extract normally.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: