March 29, 2024, 15:49
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Final Blend / Shader Error when extracting textures  (Read 9879 times)
Apock212
« on: February 01, 2010, 03:24 »

Hey Folks,

first of all, a big thx to all you people who made this little tool so big Smiley.

I'm the new one and have some problems by extracting texture files / packeges.

When I export a complete package with all psk / psa files and all the textures, I get an error message like it shows on the picture below.

http://www.apock212.de/cmd1.png

Is there another way to extract the the texture files?? Because I have massive problems to apply the textures to the models (always black borders around the armor parts)

http://www.apock212.de/DElf_Female_Vesper.png

I hope you can help me a bit and sorry if this problems are allready in a thread but I tried my best with the search and found nothing Sad

Greez
Apock

PS: My tools are Blender, MilkShape, Umodel of course and the extracting tools from the Freyja package.....Freyja it selfs is not working on my machine Sad
urPackage
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 06:49 »

The black areas are there because your 3d program is not rendering the alpha channel correctly.  This is not a umodel issue.
Boubou
L2tool User

Powered for L2sMod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 10:00 »

I confirm

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 12:43 »

Hey Folks,

first of all, a big thx to all you people who made this little tool so big Smiley.
Thanks Smiley

When I export a complete package with all psk / psa files and all the textures, I get an error message like it shows on the picture below.
Those objects are not textures, they are shaders. You don't need them.
Apock212
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 00:48 »

Now I know that this is not a umodel problem but thanks for the bump in the right direction Wink. I played a bit with the Alpha chan and the textures and here comes the result Cheesy

http://www.apock212.de/DElf_Female_Vesper.png

And thanks for the info about the textures gildor Smiley
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 00:16 »

if you are using max just add a sunlight and it will be supernice Smiley
Apock212
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 12:23 »

Thanks for the hint Smiley, I'm using blender and still have some problems with that light thing  Roll Eyes....I'm on it Wink

But here is the result of my rigging work Smiley

http://www.mikehommel.net/wp-content/gallery/lineage-modells/scene1.png

Hope that is OK, when I post my work here Smiley

Greez
Apock

PS: I found something else, when I do a umodel -export -all "some building" umodel extracts all files perfect BUT there are some shader files....when I look at the building model in umodel, than it names for example the window as a shader but with pgup or pgdown it looks like a texture?! Confuses me a bit Sad.....in the shader folder it names the file for example window_a_1.mat and I have no idea what to do with a *.mat file and I'm not a 3ds max user Roll Eyes.....maybe this staticmesh problem?? because the file is from the staticmesh folder in L2!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 15:40 by Apock212 » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 18:58 »

If you will modify your message with adding new questions, your question may be left unnoticed. You should answer using "REPLY", not "MODIFY".

*.mat files are complex materials. These files can be loaded by Actor X Importer when importing mesh.
Apock212
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 19:39 »

Sorry, but in the most forums I know a double post ist not so welcome  Embarrassed

I thought the Actor X Importer is only for 3ds?? Because I'm using blender  Undecided and import the psk files with MilkShape and export it als obj files so I can import them in blender Smiley sounds complicated but works fine for me  Cool
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: