March 29, 2024, 04:15
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Unable to Export materials  (Read 4547 times)
toonhound

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2010, 10:38 »

Hello,

Using 3ds max 2009 I've managed to import all the main characters models, animations and maps with ease. (Big Thanks to Gildor).

The problem I have is while working with the Jack (Subject Zero) character I am unable to apply her actual eye color to the mesh, nor can I apply her face maps automatically through the .mat files. (all other maps load automatically with mesh as long as correct .mats and .tga's are in same folder).

The reason that the face textures do not load is because the HMF_HED_PROJack_Face_MAT.Mat file is nowhere to be found? This file references all the maps to be applied to the characters face.

As for the eyes the HMF_EYE_PROJack_MAT.mat refers to EYE_Diff.tga and after searching through dozens of folders the only eyes I found going by this or any other name are blue eyes and they don't appear to be correct at all. (The Subject Zero character has brown eyes).

Below are two files I accessed by using the extract tool. I believe thes should have been converted by Umodel export into HMF_HED_PROJack_Face_MAT.Mat.

I dont think these files actually exported through Umodel, but I was hoping someone can give me a solution to this or just correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: After some more investigation I Believe the missing Eye texture for both the Miranda and Jack Characters appears to be HMF_EYE_PROMiranda_MAT_1a.tga.
But I have had no luck locating it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 13:53 by gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 13:53 »

It is absolutely useless to post files produced by package extractor here. Also, these files are useless for most people.
(attachments were deleted)

Does umodel displays mesh correctly?
toonhound

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 14:22 »

Gildor,

When viewing the BioH_Convict_00.pcc within Umodel I have the same result as in max.

[вложение удалено Администратором]
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 14:28 »

So, mesh loaded in Max correctly?
toonhound

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 14:44 »

Yes, The mesh loads perfectly, and the texture, normal and spec maps load as well, just as long as the .mat file from the MaterialInstanceConstant folder is kept together with the mesh and texture files.

If something is missing maxscript points it out.

the trouble I'm having so far is with the eyes for certain characters and the face for jack.

I'm testing all the main characters atm.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 14:47 »

Check this
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,310.0.html
Also, I will move this thread to "resource search" board ...
toonhound

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 17:54 »

Gildor,

Thank you for moving this to the right place.

I was just curious if this might be related to the issue I'm having.
When exporting BioH_Convict_00.pcc from umodel I noticed these two lines in the cmd line window that seem to coincide with the problem I have.

Export object HMF_EYE_PROJack_MAT: unsupported type MaterialInstanceConstant
Export object HMF_HED_PROJack_Face_MAT: unsupported type MaterialInstanceConstant

I guess this means these files are not exporting then?

can you verify this?

Also, I can apply the face textures manually with very little trouble, but I'm still curious about this solution.
As for the eyes, that's a another story.

P.S. Sorry for any inconvenience
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 18:21 »

When exporting BioH_Convict_00.pcc from umodel I noticed these two lines in the cmd line window that seem to coincide with the problem I have.

Export object HMF_EYE_PROJack_MAT: unsupported type MaterialInstanceConstant
Export object HMF_HED_PROJack_Face_MAT: unsupported type MaterialInstanceConstant
You should ignore that lines. Umodel exports materials from the mesh exporter only.
toonhound

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 18:29 »

O.K

Thanks, Maybe I'll try ME1 and see how that goes.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: