March 28, 2024, 12:12
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Unreal 1 problem  (Read 5632 times)
Dante
« on: February 19, 2010, 23:26 »

Hi, im trying to view and extract the meshes and animations of unreal 1, but i can't figure out how to do this, i suppose is something like:

umodel -path=c:/unreal SkaarjWarrior

or something...
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 23:53 »

there is a GUI you can try with. I often just copy umodel to the game directory and do it from there. Sometimes I think you need the file + filename like blah.upk
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 00:04 »

All Unreal I meshes are inside .u files. Check UnrealI.u, UnrealShare.u, UPak.u
Dante
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 23:58 »

All Unreal I meshes are inside .u files. Check UnrealI.u, UnrealShare.u, UPak.u

Indeed, i extract, for example, the UnrealShare.u file and a lot of files and folder were created, like skaarjwarrior, manta, amplifier etc, and some files outside of that folderes like kevsuit.mesh (don't remember exactly the name) but when i try to open, for example, the kevlar suit mesh, the umodel program says that only one file were readed, and nothing happens...

What will be the correct procedure (and sintaxis) to open and export models? because i want to edit the Unreal meshes in 3dsmax, but i can't extract them.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 00:00 by Dante » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 02:18 »

First of all, I don't know any way to open vertex mesh in 3dsmax Sad
Umodel exports mesh in Epic's 3d format - *_d.3d contains mesh and *_a.3d contains animations.
a lot of files and folder were created
I think you have used "extract.exe" instead of umodel - this is not correct. Where did you read that you should use this tool? All (almost all) topics on this forum are about "Unreal model viewer" (umodel) tool.
Dante
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 07:32 »

First of all, I don't know any way to open vertex mesh in 3dsmax Sad
Umodel exports mesh in Epic's 3d format - *_d.3d contains mesh and *_a.3d contains animations.
a lot of files and folder were created
I think you have used "extract.exe" instead of umodel - this is not correct. Where did you read that you should use this tool? All (almost all) topics on this forum are about "Unreal model viewer" (umodel) tool.

Well, i extract the files with other program, extract.exe i think, but anyway, if i want to edit the meshes (and hopefully) the animations, do you know a way for open models (vertex models) from Unreal 1, in a diferent 3d program, so i can edit there (or export to 3dmax if its possible).
Thanks

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 12:11 »

As I said before ...
I don't know any way to open vertex mesh in 3dsmax Sad
If you will find a way to load any vertex mesh type to 3ds Max (for example, id Software's md3) - I'll implement its support in umodel (umodel will export vertex meshes in that format). Currently it exports meshes in 3d format, which can be imported back into Unreal Engine.
Dante
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 05:12 »

Gildor, i find that with milkshape 3d you can import d.3d models, and later you can export to 3dsmax... it's a extra work, but it works...

So with umodel, how you can open  the unreal 1 models and convert to a d.3d & a.3d?
thanks
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 05:16 »

Open:
Code:
umodel.exe "E:\GAMES\Unreal Anthology\UnrealGold\System\UnrealI.u"
Extract:
Code:
umodel.exe -export "E:\GAMES\Unreal Anthology\UnrealGold\System\UnrealI.u"
(the difference is only extra "-export" option)
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: