April 19, 2024, 05:08
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Thank you very much! & Questions  (Read 2655 times)
AJ

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2010, 06:33 »

Thank you very much for this incredible program!  I am really glad I found it.

I have a few questions.  The reason I am asking these questions is that I don't have a 3D program, so I have to use your Model Viewer for anything I want to do.  So I am hoping you might be able to add a couple basic features to your Model Viewer to help me out.

1) Is it possible to change FOV?

2) Is is possible to make the background plain white and plain black, or specify a color, instead of the current gradient?

3) Is it possible to move the light source?

4) Many textures are square. Is there a way to know what their proper aspect ratio in the game is supposed to be?

Thanks for your time, and thank you again for this awesome program!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 12:04 by AJ » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 12:04 »

Thank you very much for this incredible program!  I am really glad I found it.
You are welcome Smiley

1) Is it possible to change FOV?
No. Why model viewer should change FOV?

2) Is is possible to make the background plain white and plain black, or specify a color, instead of the current gradient?
Not now. I have plans to add some configuration file which will allow to setup some parameters including background color(s), visible axis, bloom etc. I think you want to produce a screenshot with transparent background? Wink

3) Is it possible to move the light source?
No.
AJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 12:25 »

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions Smiley  I am sure you have a lot of requests so I understand that you wouldn't be able to implement some of my requests.

A couple quick replies:

1) Because the FOV looks too streched to me when I zoom in on an object.

2) Yes Smiley

And lastly, I edited the post maybe while you were moving it and answering it, and added question #4. If you know if this is possible right now, it would help me to know.  Thanks!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 12:56 »

4) Many textures are square. Is there a way to know what their proper aspect ratio in the game is supposed to be?
All textures are square Smiley
Game engine can map texture on the square, rectangle, triangle ... on any shape. But inside packages all textures are (usually) square.
Real restriction for texture dimensions is: texture sizes should be a power of 2 (64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048 and so on). This restriction is gone with modern hardware, but usually texture sizes are powers of 2.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: