March 28, 2024, 13:07
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Problems with exported mesh texturing  (Read 9588 times)
JohnPreston

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2010, 03:30 »

Hi People!
Who can help me a little about Republic commando?? I wana export ALL textures from arenatextures.utx but when i export thel export some textures in tga but when i open the Entire arena model, then i must import 11 material but i don't know what is the name of the material.... But when i open this model in Unreal Editor (NOT umodel) then i will see all of 11 materials name but i have a problem. Some texture is missing or black and white :S and i can't texturise this model. How can i import Like EntireArena PSK with 1000000% Textured? Please Somebody help meeee!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 17:23 by gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 09:33 »

When you have imported model into UnrealEd it always will be untextured. You should assign materials by hands.
Open mesh in umodel in viewer mode and press <M> key - you will see material assignment.
JohnPreston

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 14:25 »

You Misunderstand me! In Unreal Editor when i open, then i see the model with texture, and i see in the material section what is the names of the textures. But when i export this model with your umodel, and the textures then the textures of the model (entire arena model) is incomplet. I can't se the real textures of this model just A couple of pieces. Try somebody import this EntireArena.psk (From Arena_HR.upk) in 3ds max, and tell me where i can found this model's textures. Becuse i think the textures of this model in the "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Republic Commando\GameData\Textures\Arena_Textures.utx" Somebody help me, it's Realy important!!!

[вложение удалено Администратором]
JohnPreston

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 14:51 »

Sorry for the three message, but i don't know another way to import this 3 picture

JohnPreston

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 14:52 »

Sorry for the three message, but i don't know another way to import this 3 picture

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 15:15 »

What's the problem? Extract everything from Arena_Textures.utx and map materials manually.
JohnPreston

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 16:14 »

But How? I can't. :S i tried with unrealEd but i can't assign material :S Can you make a picture or video tutorial, becuse i realy don't know how can i do this
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 16:21 »

umodel -export Arena_Textures.utx
JohnPreston

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 16:42 »

I do! But some textures is not exported. Like i don't se nowhere RezSpires :S And some textures are grey and white And NOT sand colored.  Do you see? :S

JohnPreston

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 16:46 »

and see the full textured model in UnrealEd

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 17:20 »

I think there is no texture named "ResSpirez". It is a complex material. You should check its structure.
JohnPreston

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 17:36 »

öhm, What? I see in 3ds max when i want to texturing 12 texture is missing. And see you too in the UnrealEd there is the 12 material but i can't found no where :S
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 18:09 »

Umodel exports textures only. Do you unredstand a difference between material and texture?
Start umodel without "-meshes" switch, browse for ResSpires material (according to your screenshot, it is a material of type "Combiner"). Press <M> key. It will show you a structure of this material.
Also you can view its structure in UnrealEd material viewer/editor.
JohnPreston

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 18:31 »

Sorry, but im not sure understand you. Becuse i see this--->  You try to texturise? I don't want more just import this model in 3ds max fully textured. it is passible? If yes, then please tell me step by step

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 18:36 by JohnPreston » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 18:36 »

Read this topic
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: