March 19, 2024, 07:06
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Automate maxscript importActorX\exportFBX  (Read 22301 times)
touchdes
« on: September 27, 2010, 17:59 »

Hi.
I want to automate the import\export process for PSK PSA to FBX with 3dMAX.
How can I call from another script Actor X and get import access to PSK and PSA animation. To import them and export it to fbx one by one track? Any can help me.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 15:54 »

I have made a Max script for PSK/PSA -> FBX automatic batch conversion. Is somebody needs it?
Skykila
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 16:13 »

Конечно нужен! Wink
Давай!

I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
Oscar Wilde
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 16:21 »

This script requires Actor X Importer to be started (but exporter's window may be closed - it will remains in the memory).
It has 2 modes: conversion of PSK to FBX - all psk files from the specified directory, and PSA to FBX - psa should be loaded manually, all animations will be saved to the separate fbx file.
You can use this script as an example of accessing Actor X Importer functions from the external scripts.

PSK/PSA import settings can be changed in Actor X Importer, FBX export settings are hardcoded in the script.

P.S. if there will be interest - I will move this script somewhere near to Actor X Importer.

Edit: attachment has been removed, script is now included into Actor X Importer package.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 00:38 by gildor » Logged
Skykila
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 16:29 »

Thank you very much! Wink
Р.S. Хотя, конечно, то что два русских человека пишут друг другу на английском это бред. Smiley

Oscar Wilde
Dijon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 06:07 »

Hi Gildor,

Thank you for the script.  Would you have a similar script for batch conversion from pskx to ase?

-D
SLI_Fallen
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 15:22 »

I know this may sound like a REALLY dumb question, but if you already have the model in 3dsmax..why do you need to translate it into something to be used in "other" 3d modeling apps?

Just curious. (I never really understood the reasoning behind FBX anyways so forgive my ignorance.  Undecided )

Oh, and off topic: Skykila, what game is your profile pic from? Do you have a larger (or less cropped) version of that pic? Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 15:26 by SLI_Fallen » Logged
Skykila
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 20:16 »

Oh, and off topic: Skykila, what game is your profile pic from? Do you have a larger (or less cropped) version of that pic? Thanks!
Hi!
it's Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War. Specifically, a screenshot from the intro.
but alas, I have no high-resolution screenshots. DIY Wink

Oscar Wilde
SLI_Fallen
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 16:10 »

Hi!
it's Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War. Specifically, a screenshot from the intro.
but alas, I have no high-resolution screenshots. DIY Wink

Thanks. I am working on a project that has a character (head) design sketch quite similar to that is why I asked. Maybe I can find some screens online now that I know the game, Thanks!

And apologies to all for the bit OT topic here, i'll shutup now.  Lips Sealed
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 00:37 »

Batch exporter script is now included into Actor X Importer distribution. It has options to select output format - fbx, ase, max.
Script may be launched directly from the Actor X Importer (special button in "tools" section).
Dijon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 07:25 »

Hi Gildor,

Thank you VERY much for modifying your exporter for ASE.  Medal of Honor 2010 has almost 2000 static meshes (pskx) and is was taking forever to convert them one at at time.  When I was coverting manually, I used the settings on the export screen recomended by Hourences.com, i.e. the following items only are checked:

- Mesh Definition
- Materials
- Mesh Normals
- Mapping Coordinates and
- Geometry.

(image can be found here:  http://www.hourences.com/tutorials-ue3-modeling-1/)

Each time that I exported a file, these settings remain unchanged.  When I use your exporter, I select "ASE" from the list, uncheck "Use default FBX settings", leave "Recurse" unchecked (it's default) and "Smoothing groups" and "Smooth mesh export" checked (their defaults).  With this configuration, would your exporter use the existing default export values (that I already have set up) or do you use specific ones in your exporter?

I was able to export approximately 700 pskx meshes to ase in 20 minutes, which is amazing since it took days to do the same thing manually.  Thank you again for your tremendous support.

[вложение удалено Администратором]
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 11:30 »

Hi.
Settings which you're changed affects FBX exporter only. There is no known way to tune ASE exporter Sad I don't know wether exporter uses some default settings or it uses settings saved from the last manual configuration.
Dijon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 23:43 »

Hi Gildor,

No problem.  I tested the exporter with pskx files that I had already exported manually and imported into UKD and they are identical  Smiley

Thank you, again.  You da man.

-D
swarakulkarni

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2019, 15:40 »

This content requires On-screen character X Merchant to be begun (yet exporter's window might be shut - it will stays in the memory).

It has 2 modes: change of PSK to FBX - all psk records from the predefined index, and PSA to FBX - psa ought to be stacked physically, all activitys will be spared to the different fbx document.

You can utilize this content for instance of getting to On-screen character X Merchant capacities from the outside contents.

PSK/PSA import settings can be changed in On-screen character X Merchant, FBX trade settings are hardcoded in the content.

P.S. on the off chance that there will be intrigue - I will move this content some place close to Performer X Merchant.

Alter: connection has been evacuated, content is currently included into Performing artist X Merchant bundle.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2019, 16:24 »

What is "Performing artist X Merchant"? What problem do you have?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: