March 29, 2024, 01:29
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Applying textures to meshes manually  (Read 2521 times)
xty0

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2018, 15:43 »

Hello,

First of all: thanks for your awesome work on UE Viewer.

Thanks to UE Viewer I have to following weapon exported to .psk. Now I want to apply texture to the mesh. It seems that the weapons do not have a "base texture" but rather be skinned in game since there are many different skins available for every weapon.

If I export a skin for example I receive a .mat file (which is UE Viewers "own" format to import textures with the ActorX Importer for 3ds Max as far as I know) which consists of:

Diffuse, Normal, SpecPower, Other[0] to Other[13] and their corresponding .tga files.

Now my question: is there any way so I can put the texture back on the weapon mesh with UE Viewer, Blender, 3DS Max?

In the end I want to be able to export everything together to .obj + .mtl + textures files.

Thanks a lot for your help and time.

* If I load a weapon there are no errors with "missing package" and if I load a character model all textures get found and applied thats why I think that the weapon only has this "pink base texture".
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 15:48 by xty0 » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 15:53 »

Hi.
So, if I understood you correctly, the problem is that .mat file is not linked to a psk, so ActorX Importer is not generating a material automatically?
You may analyze contents of .mat file, it is a pure text file. Create a new "StandardMaterial" in Max's material editor, assign textures to corresponding channels. Material structure is trivial for those who familiar with basic 3ds Max material system.
xty0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 16:15 »

Hi.
So, if I understood you correctly, the problem is that .mat file is not linked to a psk, so ActorX Importer is not generating a material automatically?
You may analyze contents of .mat file, it is a pure text file. Create a new "StandardMaterial" in Max's material editor, assign textures to corresponding channels. Material structure is trivial for those who familiar with basic 3ds Max material system.

Yes thats exactly what I meant. I've already viewed the file and found everything texture file named in the .mat file.

I already tried loading these texture files manually but since now I know thats the right path I will have a look again. Thanks a lot!

Edit: Can you give me any information on how the ActorX Importer knows which .mat file to use if I import an .psk file? So I can write a script to automatically map my .psk files to the .mat files of the skins I want to apply? Because I have many files and doing it manually would take ages. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 16:19 by xty0 » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 16:30 »

Edit: Can you give me any information on how the ActorX Importer knows which .mat file to use if I import an .psk file? So I can write a script to automatically map my .psk files to the .mat files of the skins I want to apply? Because I have many files and doing it manually would take ages. Thanks!
Check ActorXImporter.ms, find axImportMaterial function. It performs material import.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 19:44 »

You can use the batch export feature in the actorximporter, I just use it to convert all the psk files inside PUBG, also applied the materials for me, loaded a FBX into Blender  and was fully textured , can show pictures if needed.

Blender + Linux User Here.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: