March 28, 2024, 16:57
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet  (Read 19616 times)
Freaky Old Man

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2022, 06:17 »

So after many tears and late nights me and Sparky have managed to make avatars......

We are able to get as close to the game but not quite were also working on porting the whole game into vrc.

FreohrWK

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2022, 02:24 »

i feel like i should mention this, since I've done a lot with SAO:FB files, but I have a master SAO:FB material blend file that has almost everything that a player character should need for use- I've never uploaded it anywhere, but if the people here want it, i can upload it to my MEGA and toss a link here for y'all to use. It includes stuff for all body parts and patterns.

Nodes:

(https://imgur.com/a/VCB6q6p)

I think I've spent a few years on it, so it's a culmination of a bit of effort. and also sat on it for a while, too lol

EDIT: So, i've just given up and instead of waiting for a response, i'll just toss out the files for people to use:
https://mega.nz/file/1t83iDLS#QyUIBcM79_5q5fhPuJEPdY9HdRsucIy-_JUGiFMDMF8
Note: This is in Blender 3.0+, so it won't work with earlier versions.

an example of what it does:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 02:31 by FreohrWK » Logged
mage200

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2022, 14:12 »

This is my final result before transferd into vrchat
https://youtu.be/WfjjAz0FI2Y
Sparky

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2022, 02:47 »

I've made my own nodegroups by now for the models but i'm definetely gonna check this out, maybe you know something i don't know yet.
Thank you for sharing! Cheesy

EDIT: It seems our nodegroups are quite similar, didn't know about the pattern stuff on the body though. Also is there a particular reason you're seperating Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and White too from the RGB of the CV Mask for the body?
I've included images of my current body node setup.

i feel like i should mention this, since I've done a lot with SAO:FB files, but I have a master SAO:FB material blend file that has almost everything that a player character should need for use- I've never uploaded it anywhere, but if the people here want it, i can upload it to my MEGA and toss a link here for y'all to use. It includes stuff for all body parts and patterns.

Nodes:

I think I've spent a few years on it, so it's a culmination of a bit of effort. and also sat on it for a while, too lol

EDIT: So, i've just given up and instead of waiting for a response, i'll just toss out the files for people to use:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 03:20 by Sparky » Logged
FreohrWK

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2022, 03:26 »

I've made my own nodegroups by now for the models but i'm definetely gonna check this out, maybe you know something i don't know yet

Nodes:
/imgcut

/imgcut

No problem! I've already got an entire blend file that holds all of the female armor on it. was a bitch to put together
I have no idea if i'll ever get around to doing the heads and hair, but it's unlikely with how torturous it was to put together.
the female armor stuff is fairly old, and before i knew how to work the PSK blender importer well, so a bunch of the bone stuff will be a tad weird

Instead, I might make a tutorial video on putting together the models n stuff together. Including how to parent the heads and hair to the body, since I have a good idea on how to make that work.
Freaky Old Man

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2022, 03:31 »

Sorry for not getting back man I thought this site was dead me and spark + one more have work flow set up what you are doing sounds awesome we are already working on VRCHAT SAO FB World and stuff you are more than welcome to come to hang with us on discord.gg/argusvrc
Sparky

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2022, 03:34 »

I think making some tutorial videos is a great idea! I've already put together a few Fatal Bullet models with my nodegroups so far and ported them to VRChat. They work great! There were a few quirks to work out like how to get eyetracking working and visemes but so far i've got most of it down.

I've made my own nodegroups by now for the models but i'm definetely gonna check this out, maybe you know something i don't know yet

Nodes:
/imgcut

/imgcut

No problem! I've already got an entire blend file that holds all of the female armor on it. was a bitch to put together
I have no idea if i'll ever get around to doing the heads and hair, but it's unlikely with how torturous it was to put together.
the female armor stuff is fairly old, and before i knew how to work the PSK blender importer well, so a bunch of the bone stuff will be a tad weird

Instead, I might make a tutorial video on putting together the models n stuff together. Including how to parent the heads and hair to the body, since I have a good idea on how to make that work.

FreohrWK

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2022, 03:58 »

I think making some tutorial videos is a great idea! I've already put together a few Fatal Bullet models with my nodegroups so far and ported them to VRChat. They work great! There were a few quirks to work out like how to get eyetracking working and visemes but so far i've got most of it down.

/imgscut

Nodes:
/imgcut

/imgcut

I don't know when i'll make one, but eventually. i'm terrible at actually doing things lol. tis why it took me roughly a year to do the female armor
Yeah, the models are a bit finicky at the best of times.

Sorry for not getting back man I thought this site was dead me and spark + one more have work flow set up what you are doing sounds awesome we are already working on VRCHAT SAO FB World and stuff you are more than welcome to come to hang with us on discord.gg/argusvrc

lol- yeah, gildor's forums do seem to be on the slow side of things. I've actually been looking for some SAOFB areas where i could share my stuff, but never really found anything. Until a couple days ago when i finally decided to go searching for IB2 stuff and happened across this thread. Lucky me lol.
Don't mind if i do- joined and username is HydrateorDie on discord.
mage200

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2022, 11:51 »

I've made my own nodegroups by now for the models but i'm definetely gonna check this out, maybe you know something i don't know yet.

EDIT: It seems our nodegroups are quite similar, didn't know about the pattern stuff on the body though. Also is there a particular reason you're seperating Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and White too from the RGB of the CV Mask for the body?

amazing , since i dont know how to mess with the blender materials very much
i did it by repaint.
this is what you see after all of it in this video
https://youtu.be/WfjjAz0FI2Y
i be glad if you can explain me a bit how you did it with the blender material graph.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 11:37 by Gildor » Logged
FreohrWK

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2022, 17:41 »

Well, what I've done is similar to Sparky's nodes, but slightly different. I split the CV texture because of how it uses RGBA to tell color from one part to another- i used a special nodegroup that splits it further into RGBCMY for more color choice, because of how sometimes the colors may overlap (I had this problem with the Weapon textures recently).

But instead of putting in an 'extra' slot in, i shoved the diffuse straight into the first of the 'Color Assignment' nodes, which actually helps it, rather than doing it at the end, like Sparky's nodes do.

For the MSRA, you'll have to set the node to Non-Color and split it, due to it being a texture stack. the textures are arrayed in the RGBA slots, and they correspond to:
R = Metalness
G = Specular
B = Roughness
A = Ambient Occlusion

(you can see how I've applied them in my nodes above.)

The normal is just shoved into a normal map node and done with.

As for the pattern? that's pain. pure pain.

So. First. The bottom.

The Pattern nodes at the bottom take in the pattern texture and pattern Alpha and the Color Value from the color choices on the outside. From there, the Pattern color is given to each of the Color2 inputs of the MixRGB nodes, while the Color Value inputs are given Color1, with the Pattern Alpha is put into the Fac, so that the Pattern Color is given shape.

From there, the Patterns is moved to the Pattern/Color Switch, where the Pattern MixRGBs are put into Color2 with the Color Value inputs are put into Color1 input. And input into the Fac is another input, which allows for the switch between having the pattern on different parts of the body, and not- setting it to 0 or 1.

In all Honesty? I really just suggest grabbing the download to the nodes i sent earlier, because it'd be pure pain trying to recreate what I did. The only reason why it works is because i'm too stubborn to not have it not work. not to mention, i'm gonna be updating this stuff with totally unnecessary features like detail normals and detail diffuse for each color slot

If you want the latest version of my nodes, though- now has a dedicated weapon nodegroup- just notify me on here that you want it, and i'll upload it to my MEGA and send the link over.

And to get the nodes from my project to your own blender project, do this: File>Append>SAOFB Nodegroups3.blend>NodeTree>either select all of them, since they're all needed for setting up the armor>Append. and in the Shader Graph: Shift+A/New Node>Group>The names of the Nodegroup should correspond to the material you're on>click on the necessary nodegroup> and then you have it in the scene. Delete the BSDF and then plug in the 'Output' to the Material output and then just toss in the image textures, and you're set.

The color space for the image nodes are as follows:
D = sRGB
CV = sRGB with Alpha as Channel Packed (or set it to RAW)
MSRA = Non-Color
Normal = Non-Color
Pattern = sRGB

to set the CV to channel packed, Click [N]>navigate to the tab on the newly-opened window called 'Node'>click open the drop-down menu called 'Properties' and find where 'Alpha' is listed next to another dropdown menu. The dropdown menu next to 'Alpha' should be shown as 'Straight' Click on 'Straight' and change it to 'Channel Packed'. and done. The color should appear in Cycles.

to summarize: I did a lot of fancy bullshit that i don't recommend trying on your own, and instead just using what i've already put out there. Much easier.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 11:37 by Gildor » Logged
mage200

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2022, 21:06 »

i get it now , thanks a lot
well i changed the mesh to asuna outfit , and replace the texture as you said
but its not affect like the model inside the project its just full color
yellow or red , its not apply the outfit detials  

« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 22:11 by mage200 » Logged
FreohrWK

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2022, 10:25 »

i get it now , thanks a lot
well i changed the mesh to asuna outfit , and replace the texture as you said
but its not affect like the model inside the project its just full color
yellow or red , its not apply the outfit detials  

I... genuinely have no idea what's going on with it... It should be fine, but.

I'm gonna go ahead and give you my latest version of the SAOFB nodegroups, to see if it'll work then. As a note, the latest blender version i'm using is 3.1.2, so see if upgrading your blender version will fix the problem. it might not but it's always good to check with these things.

MEGA Link: https://mega.nz/file/Y51mhQhZ#KhSXr0ZIMMRZzwIaaUApJcE3cI5S2odc43Yhd5RZUjA

If you keep having trouble with the stuff, message HydrateorDie#4963 on discord, since that's an easier format to help with than forums.

EDIT: Just found out what the problem is: You've 'Split UV Data' which is a setting on the PSK import tab. I don't suggest doing this, as what happened to your model will happen- it's on the wrong UV channel, and so won't show up correctly.

To fix this either Reimport with 'Split UV Data' turned off, or add in a UVChannel node and connect it to all of the texture nodes. I suggest just reimporting the mesh because it's easier than doing UV bullshit.

Here's my PSK importer settings, for reference:

doing the split uv data is more for very specific things, and so don't always have it checked on. it's more of an advanced user option, so make sure to keep it off so that this doesn't happen in the future.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 11:33 by FreohrWK » Logged
mage200

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2022, 21:40 »

Dear @FreohrWK

this is the error i have now i also added you to discord
the name is Katrin#7037
Sparky

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2022, 23:11 »

Dear @FreohrWK

the name is Katrin#7037

Just checking in.
What exactly is wrong? as far as i can see everything seems to be fine.
FreohrWK

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2022, 00:31 »

Dear @FreohrWK

the name is Katrin#7037

Just checking in.
What exactly is wrong? as far as i can see everything seems to be fine.

we've figured it out on Discord- it's just that it's the RGBY coloring was making them worried. I explained it all, so we good.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: