March 29, 2024, 00:06
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet  (Read 19617 times)
X3D

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2018, 11:51 »

roughbottom

How you combine the mask layers depends on which 3d software you are using, for example in C4D you have a channel called reflectance, within that channel you can add layers which combine together, or the other option is to add layers to the texture prompt giving you a method where you can stack masks and colours together.

Basically, you just have to find the method your 3d program uses, which is the same approach Photoshop uses when combining images.
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2018, 06:27 »

I see. Thanks X3D,

The plan was texture the model I want properly in 3DS Max or blender and then export it to Unity. I now understand that you can combine textures, but I'm still unsure how to get or see the exact texture from the game the even after combining them. Each character I would say has their own unique texture and it seems their in-game textures are shown as an RGB texture and become black and white when separating channels in photoshop. It sounds like if I want it to look like the game characters I would have to make a custom texture or manually insert colour and designs whether the textures are combined or not.

That last sentence could be totally wrong. I've never dealt with mask layers before. I apologize for any misunderstanding I may have.
X3D

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2018, 13:33 »

You will only have to add flat colour to each masked area, then use/combine/overlay the Diffuse map to create the illusion of shading/tone/detail. Adding normal and reflective maps finishes the overall effect.

To create a render similar to ingame characters, it looks like you will need to experiment with ambient lighting to give a 2d + 3d mix?

This may help?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/3DSMax-Tutorial/files/GUID-66F7EC0E-259C-4003-89DA-4CCEBA91707E-htm.html
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2018, 09:01 »

Thanks for the help!! I'll take a look Smiley
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2018, 08:15 »

Anyone want me to send them the meshes and textures to figure it out. I'm havin trouble still hahaha
F

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2018, 15:52 »

Managed to get the Death Gun model rigged and properly textured a while ago. Also, has anyone been able to successfully pull maps/rooms?

-Mine-

A friend of mine's.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 20:14 by F » Logged
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2018, 05:09 »

F that death gun looks sweet!! I still can't figure out how to texture models properly. Were those textures already in the game files or did you split the channels and mess around with them in some modelling software? I've been trying to use 3ds max, unity, and blender no luck. Anyway, I was playing VRchat a couple days ago and I did see someone pull the  "home" room where the arfys is. As well as pretty good textured NPC models with working opening and closing doors. I've been trying to get in touch with him but there is no in game messaging so all i can do is hope he accepts my friend request haha.
F

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2018, 11:23 »

F that death gun looks sweet!! I still can't figure out how to texture models properly. Were those textures already in the game files or did you split the channels and mess around with them in some modelling software? I've been trying to use 3ds max, unity, and blender no luck. Anyway, I was playing VRchat a couple days ago and I did see someone pull the  "home" room where the arfys is. As well as pretty good textured NPC models with working opening and closing doors. I've been trying to get in touch with him but there is no in game messaging so all i can do is hope he accepts my friend request haha.

It came with 4 textures but I only needed 2 of them. The original texture and the diffuse, without explaining it completely a shader was written to combine the two and make them work. We did it in Unity. However the textures can be remade in Photoshop. The home world was released a while back in VRChat and a couple of people I know made public worlds using them. If you'd like I can show you him in-game.
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2018, 03:05 »

So just to make sure there is a shader that combines the Red, Green, and Blue CV texture with the diffuse texture to make it look like the in-game textures? I was spending a couple hours last night modifying textures in photoshop to make it look right. However, standard shader looks ehhh and flatlit toon doesn't look any better. Can't even see the mouth in flatlit toon. I can't get the humanoid rig to work in unity either. Spine? chest issues. If you want to meet up in vrc just lmk I'll personal message you my username. It would be great to talk to someone who has gone through the same process and understands it more than me Smiley

Here's my attempt at an avatar texturing.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 03:12 by roughbottom » Logged
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2018, 03:07 »

file size too big nvm lol.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 03:10 by roughbottom » Logged
F

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2018, 06:57 »

So just to make sure there is a shader that combines the Red, Green, and Blue CV texture with the diffuse texture to make it look like the in-game textures? I was spending a couple hours last night modifying textures in photoshop to make it look right. However, standard shader looks ehhh and flatlit toon doesn't look any better. Can't even see the mouth in flatlit toon. I can't get the humanoid rig to work in unity either. Spine? chest issues. If you want to meet up in vrc just lmk I'll personal message you my username. It would be great to talk to someone who has gone through the same process and understands it more than me Smiley

Here's my attempt at an avatar texturing.

I've sent you a message.
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2018, 10:48 »

Anyone know which folder is the weapons and animations
Skeee

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2018, 01:06 »

Has anyone managed to edit a gun model and reimport it back into the game?
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2018, 03:41 »

Has anyone managed to edit a gun model and reimport it back into the game?

I didn't even know that was possible. If some has done that I would very much like to see hahaha
venturion

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2018, 12:20 »

I don't know if it's just me or this specific model (SKM_AF_BODY_038_010) seems broken in general when previewed and extracted.

Looks fine in-game though

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/473670616034181131/475565476966170624/SKM_AF_BODY_038_010.7z Uasset with it's uexp in case you want to see what's wrong.

Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: