March 29, 2024, 09:18
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Fortnite Diff Tool  (Read 3297 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 17, 2018, 12:46 »

Does anyone knows what's that?
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,6266.0.html
mirzu42

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 17:16 »

yea i have that. it is 5$ and the pricing is good tbh. ppl sell file detectors that require saving every single file and it literally takes forever to do it. and this is basically over 50 times faster than the other file detectors.
so basically this is not about selling umodel. its about selling a file detector than is built in umodel
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 17:25 »

It seems there's only I am stupid and not selling anything for Fortnite community. I'm only obliged to provide patches when Fortnite get updated.
GambitAnimating
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 17:51 »

Hey Gildor I respect you and if you dont want it sold I’ll release the code for free It’s true others sell products that are much worse than this add on but I like your works and if you’d like me to give it for free I will.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 18:18 »

Hi,
It's ok to sell entirely your code, but selling modified UModel doesn't look good for me. I don't need you to release source code, but in my humble opinion you should do one of the following:
a) make it free
b) separate your code from UModel, so it will be something entirely different
c) remove your tool (not so good, but also an option)
GambitAnimating
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 20:55 »

Seperate my code I assume you mean stRt from scratch and make my own tool for Fortnite specifically? Or
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 21:00 »

Nearly that. I have no idea how much did you use from UModel, may be just UI (I really did no understand what your tool does, I'm not familiar with Fortnite asset discovery).
GambitAnimating
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 21:19 »

So basically it takes two game directorys and compares them to only show the newest content added since the old pak. So it really helps people who want to leak super quickly and works for any game umodel works with. I thought about creating a pull request but my codes way too drity, haha
bluestar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 21:36 »

So basically it takes two game directorys and compares them to only show the newest content added since the old pak. So it really helps people who want to leak super quickly and works for any game umodel works with. I thought about creating a pull request but my codes way too drity, haha

Your release is pretty much UModel with a file diff. That is not something you should be selling for $10 esp when he offers it for absolutely free and has for many years.

While it is a nifty feature to have a file diff, you are selling a software that is in majority of his making. That is not right to do.

If you do not have any malicious intentions, then I suggest you release the source code / binary for free as Gildor does with his program. And alongside, please also credit Gildor with a link to his website so he gets the due credit.

You could also try creating a Pull Request and leave it up to him to add in the feature if he wishes to or not.
GambitAnimating
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 21:44 »

1: It’s actually 5 dollars 2: Gildor said releasing source code isnt needed but making free or creating my own tool. 3: I won’t even bother to create a pull request because its not his style of coding. 4: I will make it free or just make my own
bluestar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 21:49 »

1: It’s actually 5 dollars 2: Gildor said releasing source code isnt needed but making free or creating my own tool. 3: I won’t even bother to create a pull request because its not his style of coding. 4: I will make it free or just make my own

$5 or $10 .. That is not the point. The point is that for a program that uses his code for the majority of the work it does -- you should not be selling it. Especially when UModel itself is OpenSource. The reason you are even able to edit it in the first place.

You don't have to release the Source Code. That is up to you. But you should not be selling it either. So yes, make it free.

And if you are making your own, then I recommend that you do not steal from his code. It is many many years of work and if you just change the front end wrappers to give it a new visual, you will get caught right away.

You seem like a young kid who does not seem like wanting to cause issues. Just trying to help.
GambitAnimating
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 21:52 »

17 year old so I guess and I know what writing my own code means
bluestar

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 21:53 »

17 year old so I guess and I know what writing my own code means

Like I said. Just trying to help.

Because you did not seem to know that you should not be selling someone else's work. So spare me if I do not want to make presumptions and be blunt about things.
GambitAnimating
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 21:58 »

I see it as selling a service, Gildor made the umodel - apple made the iphone I made the addition to umodel - at&t provides cell phone service for a product they didnt make. I understand if Gildor doesnt want me selling add ons to his product and i’ll respect that but thats how I see it. Make me think otherwise please cause I wanna understand.
mirzu42

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 21:59 »

I see it as selling a service, Gildor made the umodel - apple made the iphone I made the addition to umodel - at&t provides cell phone service for a product they didnt make. I understand if Gildor doesnt want me selling add ons to his product and i’ll respect that but thats how I see it. Make me think otherwise please cause I wanna understand.

and that was my point too. its not about it being umodel. its about it being like an addon. just like you can buy some addons from google store.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: