March 29, 2024, 00:08
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Fortnite Diff Tool  (Read 3297 times)
bluestar

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 22:03 »

I see it as selling a service, Gildor made the umodel - apple made the iphone I made the addition to umodel - at&t provides cell phone service for a product they didnt make. I understand if Gildor doesnt want me selling add ons to his product and i’ll respect that but thats how I see it. Make me think otherwise please cause I wanna understand.

You are not selling it as a service. You took open source code and added a file diff to it and selling the ENTIRE thing as your own. That is just not right.

And your comparison is ridiculous. Apple and AT&T have agreements where both companies get royalties and vice versa for all services provided and used. That is how business works. Are you paying Gildor? No. So fuck no, you are not selling it as a service.

This is NOT the same.

And it is absolutely irrelevant how you see it.  What matters is how it is. And how it is is -- you are profiting off someone else's work.

But if you cannot see something as simple as that, then I guess I'll wait for Gildor to ask you to stop. Because I am sure he feels the same way.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 22:05 by bluestar » Logged
bluestar

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 22:09 »

I see it as selling a service, Gildor made the umodel - apple made the iphone I made the addition to umodel - at&t provides cell phone service for a product they didnt make. I understand if Gildor doesnt want me selling add ons to his product and i’ll respect that but thats how I see it. Make me think otherwise please cause I wanna understand.

and that was my point too. its not about it being umodel. its about it being like an addon. just like you can buy some addons from google store.

And do you know that Google earns a cut from every single piece of software that is sold on their platform?

Was Gildor contacted before his code was modified and sold? No. He had to find out from a forum post.
Was Gildor contacted and offered to pay majority royalties for the code being sold? No. He doesn't seem to be getting a single buck.
Was Gildor's intention to sell the code? Clearly not. He made it Open Source.

So tell me again, how is this an addon service being sold and not a blatant theft of Open Source code?
GambitAnimating
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 22:10 »

Gildor already has which is why I have no idea why you’re argueing with me. Speaking of which tho Gildor do you want money? I’m willing to give money if you want. I’m done arguing though it’s pointless when me and Gildor already talked and he said I should do 1 of 4 things.
bluestar

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 22:13 »

Gildor already has which is why I have no idea why you’re argueing with me. Speaking of which tho Gildor do you want money? I’m willing to give money if you want. I’m done arguing though it’s pointless when me and Gildor already talked and he said I should do 1 of 4 things.

Okay. Let's talk about that.

Not 4. 3.

a) make it free
b) separate your code from UModel, so it will be something entirely different
c) remove your tool (not so good, but also an option)

Have you made it free yet? No. Still being sold. --- https://selly.gg/p/75315ca0 --- and seems to be active.

Have your separated your code? Not yet. But I'll give you this one. There hasn't been enough time yet.

Have you removed the tool yet? No. Not yet.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 22:15 by bluestar » Logged
GambitAnimating
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2018, 22:25 »

Lmfao dude I just got back from work orientation and haven’t even been on my pc yet chill.
bluestar

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 22:26 »

Lmfao dude I just got back from work orientation and haven’t even been on my pc yet chill.

Oh. I thought as this is something that needs attention, you'd have a way to deal with it on the phone (like you seem to be posting on a vBulletin forum with no app) .. but what do I know.

Fine. I'm waiting.
GambitAnimating
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 22:30 »

Yeah it’s np to post on forum but I have one of many passwords my selly is and I’m not auto logged in on my phone so remind me to take it down later I’m not really getting on pc rn lol I’m not promoting it either tho so
bluestar

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2018, 22:31 »

Yeah it’s np to post on forum but I have one of many passwords my selly is and I’m not auto logged in on my phone so remind me to take it down later I’m not really getting on pc rn lol I’m not promoting it either tho so

Won't remind you. I am hoping you will remember given this is important and especially so after this discussion.
GambitAnimating
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2018, 22:33 »

Okay hopefully
Alien

Welcome to Appalachia

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2018, 23:53 »

Just asking, it will be free or not? because i still need a fix with the current umodel
GambitAnimating
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2018, 02:59 »

Theres already a fix as Gildor has said many times update to latest umodel and target UE 4.20
bluestar

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2018, 06:53 »

10 hours later -- the app is still there, still not free and still being sold.
GambitAnimating
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2018, 07:00 »

Oml lmfao I'll change it to a DONATE link if anyone wants to DONATE because that's allowed right? https://selly.gg/p/75315ca0 if anyone can read then they know its for donations.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 07:02 by GambitAnimating » Logged
bluestar

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2018, 07:10 »

You are still charging $3 for the app. That is the same thing as before. Putting someone else's code behind a paywall. What part of that can you not understand?

If you want to add donations for the features you are adding in, then make the app FREE as Gildor asked and then put a button on your website or whatever asking for donations. If people want to donate, then they will. That's how donations work. It's not a donation if they're forced to pay it to access the content.

Not a thing has changed. For all the crap you said about how you don't want to steal or not do this if Gildor is not cool, you are being heavily reluctant to make a simple change.

Either take the app down or make it free and add a donation link if you want. It shouldn't be too hard but something tells me you're not keen on doing that. Enjoying the money from someone else's work? Before you go "I made changes" .. Adding a simple diff check is nothing compared to the tons of work that has been put in to Umodel over the years.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 07:14 by bluestar » Logged
GambitAnimating
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2018, 07:30 »

Dude how am I charging 3 for the app? I didnt say I'd give it if they donated, selly doesnt have the app ready to give out. So It's literally a donation button and ill tell anyone who contacts me trying to buy it that that will not buy it and is simply a donation lol. I'll make it free later in a couple of days probably.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: