March 28, 2024, 14:53
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Insurgency: Sandstorm  (Read 3258 times)
EnDelta

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2018, 18:17 »

Hi everyLynx

I have trouble. UE Viewer working with that game well, except wwise sounds. That question was in forum thread, but i got another problem. QuickBMS with UT4 script didn't works anymore - NWI changed AES with game realise and i cant scan the exe file to find it, because Easy Anticheat blocked any ejections to the application.
       HOW CAN I EXTRACT PAK FILES ANOTHER WAY?

upd: I got it. Wwise sounds using not default UE4 sound architecture. All that I need now it's wwise converter (https://github.com/Vextil/Wwise-Unpacker) and find "WwiseAudio" foulder
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 19:30 by EnDelta » Logged
esreveR
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 05:49 »

I saw on the compat table this game was supported but I do not see it in any list from 1-4 unless its 4.10-4.22. Or if I needed to enter a certain command line for it to load its contents.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 06:23 »

It's on UE4.22 (most likely engine upgrade during a patch), but GHFear has looked at it and has some weird encryption format, I've also tried it in uModel and some assets load and dont ask for aes, but then the next model or file will.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 06:28 by Blenux » Logged

Blender + Linux User Here.
esreveR
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 08:06 »

Yeah it just got another update over the weekend so I assume that is probably why. Unsure if I tried 4.22 though so will try again here in a minute.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 11:55 »

If one removes the following paks:

pakchunk0-WindowsClient_0_P.pak (63mb)
pakchunk1-WindowsClient_0_P.pak (596mb)

both of these ask for a AES key, while these paks:

pakchunk7optional-WindowsClient.pak (8mb)
pakchunk7optional-WindowsClient_0_P.pak (1kb)

has unknown file format, but not much in them, so we have pretty much 99% files just not that remaining 2 which probably holds textures for some of the meshes (or even sm/sk meshes), strange these are only ones encrypted.

Potif22

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 01:08 »

Hi !
I'm posting because I have some issues trying to export the weapons sounds for insurgency sandstorm.

I unpacked the "pakchunk0-WindowsClient.pak" with quickbms.
I found 2 things, first with UModel I saw the "Audio" folder, but inside there's only 1ko uasset files, nothing extracted from them.
After looking the game folders, I saw an "WwiseAudio" folder, inside, a lot of WEM and BNK files.
I found some files called "Weapon_XXX.bnk" so those have the weapons sounds. I downloaded "Wwise-Unpacker" and extracted the sounds files and it worked more or less.
Because, first I don't have the files names, only numbers (1.ogg, 2.ogg, 241.ogg etc) and those files is only 1 or 2 sec, it's not really usable.

So I looked into the txt and XML files inside the "WwiseAudio" folder, and this is interesting. I found some text looking like that :

Code:
Name="Play_vhs2_foley_mag_release" ObjectPath="\Events\Default Work Unit\Sandstorm\Firearms\AssaultRifles\VHS2\Handling\Play_vhs2_foley_mag_release"
Name="Play_vhs2_foley_fire_select" ObjectPath="\Events\Default Work Unit\Sandstorm\Firearms\AssaultRifles\VHS2\Handling\Play_vhs2_foley_fire_select"
Name="Play_VHS2_suppressed" ObjectPath="\Events\Default Work Unit\Sandstorm\Firearms\AssaultRifles\VHS2\Play_VHS2_suppressed"

Those kind of paths "Sandstorm\Firearms\AssaultRifles" are located into the Audio folders (1ko files folder).

So, I'm pretty sure the sounds are "mixed" in unreal and I think the 1ko uasset files from the Audio folder is used to mix those sounds into one single file in game.
Now, is there any way to extract the final sound ? Smiley

I saw some mods for other games using Sandstorm's sounds so I think there's a way, but the audio files I got from Wwise unpacker are really short and I can't use them at all, it's not usable.

I hope you can help me with this challenge Tongue

Thank you
bigchaosmachine

r

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 07:54 »

i researched what my brain can handle and so far i still am lost on how to extract the sounds.
i already opened the pak using umodel and there's nothing in the audio folders at all, just .uasset files. according to my research, there should be bnk files and whatnot, but there are none wtf
i tried opening the uasset and it says there are no visual objects loaded now. under the class statistics it shows 1 AkAudioEvent.
i thought that was it and tried to extract it. but nothing pops up in my extract destination! in the console, it also shows "Exported 0/0 objects in 0.0 sec"
although i can extract the uasset files themselves, i can't find a way to open them at all.

help me ty
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 14:10 »

merge
dog_food

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 11:31 »

quick post, insurgency sandstorm was updated to UE4.25 some time ago. please update the compatibility table.
venturion

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2021, 14:59 »

quick post, insurgency sandstorm was updated to UE4.25 some time ago. please update the compatibility table.

but have you tested if anything works tho?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2021, 18:54 »

@venturion: It's still fully supported.
Kenzie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2021, 07:35 »

So I am working on exporting assets form Sandstorm and everything is going fine except one issue. Every time I export a mesh the texture for that mesh is exported at a resolution of 64x64 so its as good as mud. The following error is printed into the console log.
Code:
FByteBulkData T_1P_DEagle_BC: file /Game/Animated/Weapons/Pistol/DesertEagle/Textures/T_1P_DEagle_BC.uptnl is missing

I am assuming I am getting the uber low res texture as this .uptnl file is not able to be found. I have dug and dug through the files and can't seem to locate where said files are. I am at a loss at this point and this seems to happen with most mesh exports. Anyone able to figure this out?
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2021, 20:46 »

So I am working on exporting assets form Sandstorm and everything is going fine except one issue. Every time I export a mesh the texture for that mesh is exported at a resolution of 64x64 so its as good as mud. The following error is printed into the console log.
Code:
FByteBulkData T_1P_DEagle_BC: file /Game/Animated/Weapons/Pistol/DesertEagle/Textures/T_1P_DEagle_BC.uptnl is missing

I am assuming I am getting the uber low res texture as this .uptnl file is not able to be found. I have dug and dug through the files and can't seem to locate where said files are. I am at a loss at this point and this seems to happen with most mesh exports. Anyone able to figure this out?
Do you have the High Resolution Texture Pack installed (addon for the game)?

Kenzie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2021, 00:51 »

Code:

Do you have the High Resolution Texture Pack installed (addon for the game)?

No I just have the base game. No added mods or anything. Wasn't even aware there was a high res pack.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2021, 07:19 »

It's a free addon on the Steam Store.

Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: