March 29, 2024, 03:31
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Received Fatal Error for Gears of War 4  (Read 1336 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2020, 15:58 »

It's hard to say what the problem is without actual errors. I can only suggest to try to rename wem to wav instead of ogg before converting (if you didn't do that yet) and also to try convert them with vgmstream, it should produce more reasonable error if any.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2020, 16:05 »

The problem with bad file names already appeared many times on the forum, so I'd suggest searching for "wwise" over the forum, may be someone already posted a solution.
Simo311

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2020, 19:17 »

so I'd suggest searching for "wwise" over the forum, may be someone already posted a solution.
I've already searched on every forum (not just here) and i found no solution, yet.
I can only suggest to try to rename wem to wav instead of ogg before converting (if you didn't do that yet) and also to try convert them with vgmstream, it should produce more reasonable error if any.
Posted
I've already tried renaming those files as you previously mentioned, also the only error message that vgmstream send is 'fail to open file'.
I opened up those files in an Hex editor and they looks pretty different! (the file on 'screen 1' is the working one) sadly i barely know how to use an Hex editor so i really could use some help on it!
Here are some sample files that give back the error message:
1) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wc2Ehust7B42ow95pEkMDFceV441Rqtb/view?usp=sharing
2) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JP2m4VZC3_redurOFZGdqzfigzCvud-r/view?usp=sharing
On the other hand, here there are some of the files that DO work, using the exact same method:
1) https://drive.google.com/file/d/15cYCv5YaH2ADqAYZ_gO0Fo9szQpNfUnV/view?usp=sharing
I politely ask someone to take a look at those files and figure out where the issue is.
I thank you all for your patience!

* screen 1.PNG (163.15 KB, 1920x992 - viewed 60 times.)

* screen 2.PNG (127.17 KB, 1920x1004 - viewed 58 times.)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 20:06 by Simo311 » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2020, 21:55 »

Those samples looks more like modifications of original wem, introduced for certain audio files type. You can submit a ticket to vgmstream github with those samples, but not sure someone will create a proper support for them.
As for the proper filenames - it's usually not possible, since wwise convert them to hashes in most cases, so original filenames are usually available only in source code.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 22:00 by spiritovod » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: