March 29, 2024, 00:42
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Ace Combat 7  (Read 4683 times)
JilKylefield

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2019, 07:09 »

https://store.steampowered.com/app/502500

Description
"Become an ace pilot and soar through photorealistic skies with full 360 degree movement; down enemy aircraft and experience the thrill of engaging in realistic sorties! Aerial combat has never looked or felt better!
Project Aces aims to revolutionize the sky with this entry in the series, offering an experience so immersive it feels like you're piloting an actual aircraft! Weather and the environment affect your aircraft and the HUD, adding a sense of extreme realism never felt before in a flight combat game. Epic dogfights await!"

Game uses Unreal Engine 4.18 after a friend mine checked the binary, but no success of finding the AES.

Photos

hooner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 00:02 »

Do any people/groups actively try to find out AESs, or is it simply if some one can be bothered?
JilKylefield

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 05:54 »

Update

User jgottula at Zenhax/Xentax found the key, aside of a trivia it is simply the URL in 0x AES key :
0x68747470733a2f2f616365372e616365636f6d6261742e6a702f737065636961

Tested in Umodel, but no success at importing assets, older versions of Umodel if you try to open the program will say the asset can't be open. using current version, it gives more details at CMD, 38 and 2 encrypted files from the log(image below), but opening the asset will say the file is encrypted. checking with QuickBMS and package save functions, the files have a additional layer of compression(and the file sizes are also very small), so in theory :

A)Fortine logic, that it depends of another AES keys for the files.

or

B)Tekken 7 Logic, which they used a additional encryption.

File Structure :

Umodel Current Version Log :

Umodel Error :

.Uasset :

.Uexp :

Once again, game runs at UE 4.18 at the binaries.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 10:05 »

It seems the AES key is wrong. It "decrypts" data to garbage.
JilKylefield

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 01:25 »

User jgottula checked more of the game in debugger, the following thread chain :
https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19431&p=149578#p149573

The game itself it uses a external compression method for the UE4 assets, the .PAK itself uses only the key that was shared already, and the only additional AES key that exists is one for the save file of each account's game save.

My subsidiary uploaded samples of the two files, one for the A-10A featured in game, and other from Goku's model from DBFZ. my friend also checked Tekken 7 files using QuickBMS which you can extract them without AES key, they work like conventional .uassets by following the header and structure with directories, not so heavily compressed like the AC7 one :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxnpqygvd5ntnfi/a10aAC7.rar?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bf67tt81ilptcsy/GKNDBFZ.rar?dl=0
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2021, 22:48 »

Since the game is not in the compatibility table yet due to custom encryption on PC, I've checked PS4 version and apparently it's not encrypted.  

UE4 version: 4.18

Skeletal meshes, animations and textures works fine with the latest umodel build (1527 at the moment). Some materials are custom. Static meshes works fine with specific umodel build (link, updated) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version.

Update: Specific build is updated with better support for PS4 textures.
Update 2: Specific build is updated to 64-bit version to avoid certain crashes.
Update 3: Separate build with support for PC version is added to the archive (thanks to atenfyr for decryption scheme).

* Clipboard02.jpg (119.62 KB, 2521x1229 - viewed 375 times.)

* Clipboard11.jpg (119.36 KB, 2539x1228 - viewed 207 times.)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 00:26 by spiritovod » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 21:31 »

Specific umodel build for static meshes added to the previous post. It should work with all supported assets.
Asai Hatsuyo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 21:23 »

Since the game is not in the compatibility table yet due to custom encryption on PC, I've checked PS4 version and apparently it's not encrypted.  

Skeletal meshes, animations and textures works fine with the latest umodel build (1527 at the moment). Some materials are custom. Static meshes works fine with specific umodel build (link) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version.

Some samples: link

So the PC version doesnt work with Umodel at all? i tried, could get it to work even with the AC7 version, but that might be my fault.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2021, 23:00 »

@Asai Hatsuyo: Yes, PC version has additional layer of custom encryption, which is explained in JilKylefield's posts above, so it doesn't work with umodel. Though there are skin mods for PC version, because textures actual data stored in ubulk files is not additionally encrypted and can be somehow edited and replaced (you can look for such tutorials).
In the same time, console version is not encrypted at all.
Asai Hatsuyo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2021, 01:52 »

i sadly dont own a console edition or even a console, so could you please be so kind to extract a model for me? i would love to have the alicorn submarines model, to do some diorama renders with and maybe even 3D print. i got as far as getting the Uasset files, but couldnt progress any further.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2021, 04:19 »

@Asai Hatsuyo: Sorry, but I don't have it anymore and it was provided to me for test purposes only. But you can find it on the net, considering that PS4 got jailbreaked. In that case you'll need PkgEditor to extract UE packages.
Asai Hatsuyo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2021, 14:19 »

alright, time to look for a PS4 version of AC7 then. at least its a better goal than looking through unreal engine tutorials for hours on end. thanks man
Asai Hatsuyo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2021, 20:25 »

@Asai Hatsuyo: Sorry, but I don't have it anymore and it was provided to me for test purposes only. But you can find it on the net, considering that PS4 got jailbreaked. In that case you'll need PkgEditor to extract UE packages.

i got it, Alicorn is in blender now. thanks man, couldnt have done it without you
Megalith9

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2022, 04:06 »

Skeletal meshes, animations and textures works fine with the latest umodel build (1527 at the moment). Some materials are custom. Static meshes works fine with specific umodel build (link) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version.

Some samples: link

Hello, your method along with your custom version indeed worked, and I thank you for it. However there are several issues related to other textures, specially those on the "UI" folder. They show up being swizzled and I don't really know what could be the issue, because I've selected the correct platforms and the version (4.18)

Please, I would be super grateful if you somewhat find what's the issue, or anyone.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2022, 15:46 »

@Megalith9: I've updated specific build with better support for PS4 textures, try it.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: