March 28, 2024, 17:27
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Life is Strange 2  (Read 4066 times)
IgelRM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2019, 08:22 »

Uploaded an archive which reproduces the issue in umodel.
IgelRM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2019, 07:57 »

Hey again, just tried build 1100 and unfortunately Umodel doesn't seem to detect the old animations prior to EP4 anymore. Anim archive
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2019, 09:38 »

Did animation work before build 1100?
IgelRM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2019, 09:46 »

Yes, check page 1 of this thread.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2019, 09:59 »

It seems animations stopped working in August, not just now.
Well, I've checked animation data deeper. It seems they've changed compressed animation data format, I can't do anything with that (unless I'll spend a day or two experimenting etc, will not do that).
IgelRM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2019, 10:10 »

Read more careful please. That was relating to the new animations with EP4, not the previous ones. The old animations from EP1-3 weren't patched retroactively to the "new format" as far as I can tell.

I can still view the old ones with the older version of Umodel I linked before. Loading the PAK directory directly if that makes a difference.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 10:14 by IgelRM » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2019, 10:13 »

I can still view the old ones with the older version of Umodel I linked before. Loading the PAK directory directly if that makes a difference.
You had to mention that first. It is often happens that people says "new umodel doesn't work with the game", however the actual reason for the problem was the updated game engine.

Edit
There's no crash with any of the files which you've provided. What crash message do you have?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 10:16 by Gildor » Logged
IgelRM

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2019, 03:21 »

Umodel doesn't crash, the animations just don't get detected anymore. I recorded a demo video which will hopefully explains the issue.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2019, 09:51 »

For some reason you're not showing the bottom of the screen, where the most important ANIMATION info is displayed. So I can't say anything particular here. There are many problems which may stop Ctrl+A from working, and some of them has a workaround.
IgelRM

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2019, 10:26 »

I accidentally went over the capture region when dragging the window. On the newest build, the animation count stays at 0 after scanning. On the older, it displays 456 for EP1, rate is circa 30 for most of them if that is relevant. AnimSet is the same as the skeleton in both versions.

Code:
AnimSet : CH_SK_MM
RotationOnly : off
Anim: 0/0 (none)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2019, 10:29 »

Watch my recent video, it shows different ways of working with animations what might be helpful if animations are not found automatically.
IgelRM

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2019, 00:26 »

Found a solution (video Gildor referenced for later readers):

1. Right-click on the "/Game/Anim" folder and click "Scan folder content". Then open a model and click "find animations".
2. Press Ctrl+G to fix the opacity rendering issue. Alternatively, don't load the "LIS2-WindowsNoEditor-Cooked" pak.

Note: Animations that shipped with EP4 can't be loaded due to the seeming new file format (compat table doesn't show that right now).

Btw, it would be really handy if Umodel would save the window size so one doesn't need to resize on every start.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 00:49 by IgelRM » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2019, 00:42 »

I suppose the correct solution would be:
1. load a model
2. select folder where you think animations for this model are (check with "scan content" that folder really has animation)
3. load the folder assets
4. probably press Ctrl+A once or more to pick loaded animations.
IgelRM

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2020, 10:58 »

I noticed the game references a plugin called "ACLPlugin", which seems to be the "official Animation Compression Library Unreal Engine 4 plugin".

Edit: Unrelated to this post, gildor replied about the material opacity issue in this thread.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 11:11 by IgelRM » Logged
adamthephantom

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2020, 14:38 »

Hi guys, was wondering if someone can help. Trying to pull out some of the sounds from Life is Strange 2 and all the steam files are PAK format which uModel reads, but it doesn't extract the audio like other games Sad

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there an alternate program that I need for the PAK file.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for an awesome bita kit!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: