March 29, 2024, 01:44
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Fortnite to uModel to Blender Thread.  (Read 3948 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2021, 18:19 »

I'm rather interested in problems with UMODEL animation viewer itself, not in Max.
Pegasus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2021, 18:21 »

After deleting some more bones from the mouth it is getting close to perfect... Well not perfect but at least do we know that something is wrong with the bones during psa import...

I hope this helps a little bit in investigating. I use 3DSMAX 2012.3

Have a great weekend and as allways: THANK YOU for your great work @Gildor (Konstantin)!

Mike.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2021, 18:27 »

Again, please check the animation in UModel. If things are fine there, then the problem with importer. If not - it should be checked/fixed in UModel.
Pegasus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2021, 01:56 »

Hey Konstantin, please notice the special thanks on the end of the animation sequence:

And here are some other examples I created with FORTNITE models using your great program UMODEL.

Greetings. Mike.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 14:07 by Pegasus » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2021, 11:39 »

Many thanks, man!
Pegasus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2021, 20:29 »

Hey Konstantin,

I really dont like to bother you, but I am still investigating on the problem. Somehow there is a problem with the PSA files and the bone coordinates are not correct. They look correct inside UE Viewer but I asume there goes something wrong during the export of the PSA file.

And since the distortion of the bones happens in 3DSMAX using the ACTOR-X Plugin and in BLENDER as well, it seem not to be an app problem but a problem of ether the PSA file or the both importers. But it would be strange if both importers (3dsmax and Blender) would create exactly the same problems.

Here you see a part of the bone structure withe the native 3d model without any PSA applied:

Here you see what happens to the symetric R_brow_outer bone after applying a PSA file:

And here you have the same bones going crazy using the BLENDER Importer for the PSA:

I hope this is of any help.

Greetings.
Mike.
Pegasus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2021, 20:48 »

I did check the PSK and PSA using the suggestion here:

https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php?topic=91.0

And get the same distorted result:

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2021, 20:55 »

Check in UModel. If it appears correctly there, try to change retargeting mode to "disabled" (Ctrl+R, previously "translation mode"). If the situation will match Max/Blender, then I know what's wrong.
Pegasus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2021, 21:52 »

Will do. Do you have any tips for me how I can open all 3 Elements:

F_MED_Street_Fashion_Red.psk
F_MED_Street_Fashion_Red_FaceAcc.psk
F_MED_Angel_Head_01.psk

to one combined scene in UE viewer.
Somehow I seem only be able to iopen one model and the function "Append" doesent seem to ad to an allready imported model.
Is there any trick? Do I have to mainain a sertan order of the model import?
Pegasus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2021, 01:59 »

Pay attention to is eye and mouth region after the PSA is applied.
This video is from 2018. So it seems this is no new phenomenon.

Time 1:47

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2021, 10:21 »

Somehow I seem only be able to iopen one model and the function "Append" doesent seem to ad to an allready imported model.
Probably that was a Blueprint, you can't open it.

Pay attention to is eye and mouth region after the PSA is applied.
This video is from 2018. So it seems this is no new phenomenon.
UModel does some adjustment (retargeting) when applying animation authored on one skeleton to another one. Nothing is done at export/import time, it is done only in a viewer mode.

I need to figure out how to eliminate all the problems in a viewer (most of them has gone last week or two), then I can start working (actually THINKING) on making these adjustments exportable.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2021, 12:00 »

UModel does some adjustment (retargeting) when applying animation authored on one skeleton to another one. Nothing is done at export/import time, it is done only in a viewer mode

Think this is what confuses people when importing into 3ds Max or Blender, and can't get what they see in uModel, me included Cheesy

Blender + Linux User Here.
Pegasus

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2021, 12:33 »

Probably that was a Blueprint, you can't open it.

No it was not a Blueprint. I alwas open Meshes (Models). I can append Emotes and animation but I am not able to append another mesh. After opening the body I am not able to append the head or the heat. I can press the button "Append" but nothing happens.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2021, 12:40 »

It would be helpful if you'd record a video showing your actions. BTW I can suppose you don't know how to merge meshes in UModel, you should "tag" meshes (Ctrl+T key), I showed this on many videos in my youtube channel.
Pegasus

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2021, 21:10 »

I used the new 1516 release and extracted all the files completely new.
All looks good... even if I apply some face animations (emots).

But the original problems occurs the moment I apply complete emote animations. Is there a reason why the facial part of the emote is not exported by UMODEL? This could be the reason why some bones simply have an offset instead of the facial animation...

I captured the part of applying the facial animation until the complete Emote animation:

« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 21:12 by Pegasus » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: