Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 17085 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Borderlands 3
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2019, 09:39 »

I did not announce anything. Many things are planned. I just always prefer to add new features instead of working on a single game support. Borderlands 3 work took so much time so I could easily add something more useful to UE Viewer.
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2019, 21:26 »

I did not announce anything. Many things are planned. I just always prefer to add new features instead of working on a single game support. Borderlands 3 work took so much time so I could easily add something more useful to UE Viewer.
It's all my fault  rolleyes

MARK2580
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2019, 23:06 »

Thanks for supporting the Static Mesh assets for this, finally can get things done. I just hope one day we'll have the same for the Pre-Sequel. I did post the required files in that topic in the 'Other Games' forum. I was just wanting to have the mesh assets from all Borderlands games to be extract-able. Anyway, we all really appreciate the work you do, gildor, you're pretty much a miracle worker at this point, haha.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2019, 23:56 »

I just can't support ALL games. One day it might even happen that I won't be able to work on UE Viewer at all, because I have less and less time for it.
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2019, 00:35 »

Thanks for supporting the Static Mesh assets for this, finally can get things done. I just hope one day we'll have the same for the Pre-Sequel. I did post the required files in that topic in the 'Other Games' forum. I was just wanting to have the mesh assets from all Borderlands games to be extract-able. Anyway, we all really appreciate the work you do, gildor, you're pretty much a miracle worker at this point, haha.
In the case of the sequel, you can use Ninja Ripper, the models get perfectly there. But in 3 parts it doesn’t work out anymore, I got the models, but they completely lack UV and the game very often crashes.

MARK2580
xxdeathknight72xx

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2019, 21:35 »

Amazing work, thank you Gildor!
I'm able to view, extract, and load into 3DS Max with no issues

I'm wondering if there is any way for UE Viewer to tell me what .pak file the asset I'm looking at is located.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2019, 23:02 »

No, all pak files are "transparent" for the program, so it even doesn't know if it is in pak or not.
Newbee

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2019, 05:46 »

Hello, thanks for your work and I can get the skeletal model from umodel. However, the umodel cannot find the animation (Anim: 0/0) in the same package. I'm wondering if there are some ways to specify the animation file on my own?
Sekki

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2019, 07:54 »

Animations are not working yet for Borderlands 3.
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2019, 00:53 »

Hello, thanks for your work and I can get the skeletal model from umodel. However, the umodel cannot find the animation (Anim: 0/0) in the same package. I'm wondering if there are some ways to specify the animation file on my own?
Animations of this game are not supported and most likely will never be supported, their reading is specially disabled so that there are no program crashes.

MARK2580
sabakawala7

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2020, 03:51 »

Hello, I'm a newbie on everything gamedev-related, I'm just trying to extract BL3 "2D" textures for cosplay/art purposes.
I've managed to extract many textures on .dds or .png format, but they all come with some sort of "layer", in green, blue, etc.

I've discovered that it may be due to Alpha Channels (another thing I'm not familiar with) or maybe to the way on which such textures are saved or built in-game. I noticed that every .dds file has at least a .mat and a .txt file with same or similar name.

Question is: is there any way I can extract the textures in any format similar to vectors or at least a .png with transparency? My main goal is to be able to make myself some patches and buttons, etc with manufacturers etc logos and decals.
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2020, 14:24 »

Can you give some example files you are trying to extract?
It is tricky business especially for some models where the 'base' or 'diffuse' texture is created on the fly my using material setup. In general models will have a separate 'diffuse' texture which will give you all the nice color info, then a normal map which is useless for your needs (used for rendering details in engine) and finally single or multiple images for PBR (how shiny the material is etc). Most of the time this is in a single image where 'RGB' channels holds this info separately in each of these channels.
So most of the time when you see this kind of greenish, blueish image it is this PBR map you are viewing :-)
In the material setup, you can then see that this image is used with some other color information to render the real texture you will see in game.

If you are purely using this for reference for cosplay, use Photoshop or some other editing software, click on the channels Tab, you will see three separate channels (along with an Alpha channel if there is some transparency info). Try disabling channels one by one. Eventually you will get one which has the kind of detail you are looking for (the image will appear grey scale). Hopefully this should be enough to use as a reference. If needed you can then overlay with color and use the above info as a multiply layer.

If you can specifiy the exact resource you are trying to extract, I can have a look later. Haven't played around with BL3 for a while!

Hello, I'm a newbie on everything gamedev-related, I'm just trying to extract BL3 "2D" textures for cosplay/art purposes.
I've managed to extract many textures on .dds or .png format, but they all come with some sort of "layer", in green, blue, etc.

I've discovered that it may be due to Alpha Channels (another thing I'm not familiar with) or maybe to the way on which such textures are saved or built in-game. I noticed that every .dds file has at least a .mat and a .txt file with same or similar name.

Question is: is there any way I can extract the textures in any format similar to vectors or at least a .png with transparency? My main goal is to be able to make myself some patches and buttons, etc with manufacturers etc logos and decals.
sabakawala7

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2020, 06:55 »

I'm mostly trying to get anything related to corporations. Decals, inks, logos, etc. This image is a .dds and it comes with the RGB, Red, Green and Blue Channels. The only layer is one called Background, but it comes locked.

https://imgur.com/a/SH1Rcm2
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 08:55 by Gildor » Logged
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2020, 21:03 »

In Photoshop, you need to click on the tab 'Channels' next to 'Layers' tab. This will give you the three channels. For this image disable everything except Red channel and you will get a nice black and white image of the logo. Copy this channel and paste to a new layer and you can then overlay on top of any color you want.
P.S. the layer is locked because it is the default layer. You can double click and rename the layer and it will become editable. 
Hope this helps

I'm mostly trying to get anything related to corporations. Decals, inks, logos, etc. This image is a .dds and it comes with the RGB, Red, Green and Blue Channels. The only layer is one called Background, but it comes locked.

https://imgur.com/a/SH1Rcm2

sabakawala7

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2020, 23:51 »

It helped a LOT, many thanks!
Just one more doubt: to have these logos on a transparent background should I just select the black and erase it? Or there is a more appropriate way? Since these logos may have details or textures (like the weary details on these from Atlas, or the DAHL stencil-like graffiti) that could be erased as well... I've read something about playing with layers and channels that would make such arts transparents, but I'm just a Photoshop newbie yet.

In Photoshop, you need to click on the tab 'Channels' next to 'Layers' tab. This will give you the three channels. For this image disable everything except Red channel and you will get a nice black and white image of the logo. Copy this channel and paste to a new layer and you can then overlay on top of any color you want.
P.S. the layer is locked because it is the default layer. You can double click and rename the layer and it will become editable. 
Hope this helps
Jump to: