March 28, 2024, 16:04
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 15474 times)
Tspoon

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2019, 23:01 »

Hi all!  

Wondering if anyone has had any luck extracting Borderlands 3 assets?  

The files are encrypted, but getting the key out is the same as for any other UE4 game.

The files get listed okay, but UE Viewer doesn't appear to be able to detect the Unreal Engine version or extract anything (the Unreal Engine version BL3 was built with is 4.20.X). Even when manually selecting the version the extraction fails and crashes the program. Example error:

******** Loading object LightMapTexture2D'Sanctuary3_P_BuiltData.HQ_Lightmap0_103' ********

ERROR: Serialized FString is not null-terminated
FString<< <- FTexturePlatformData<< <- UTexture2D::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject:LightMapTexture2D'Sanctuary3_P_BuiltData.HQ_Lightmap0_103', pos=652B, ver=513/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.16 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:Sanctuary3_P_BuiltData <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1086

It's possible to save the .umap and .uexp files, but they can't be imported into the Unreal Editor.

Edit:

Here's the encryption key for anyone who wants to help extracting the files:

0x115EE4F8C625C792F37A503308048E79726E512F0BF8D2AD7C4C87BC5947CBA7

Good luck  evil

« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 14:25 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 23:05 »

So, what I see wrong.
First of all, you're saying about UE4.20, but for some reason starting UE Viewer with 4.16 option. Also I think you're opening .umap file - I'd advise skipping them if program crashes with them. Another opportunity is to disable lightmap loading.
Regarding "getting the key like for any other UE4 game" - this sounds extremely unclear. There's no "common way" of getting the key, except probably asking on xentax and other resources.
Tspoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 23:22 »

Ah, apologies, that error was from a different test run.  I tried multiple versions just in case!

Here's another similar one from version 4.20:

******** Loading object Texture2D'FinalBoss_P.Texture2D_1' ********

ERROR: assertion failed: Ar.Tell() == SkipOffset

UTexture2D::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject:Texture2D'FinalBoss_P.Texture2D_1', pos=EDD732, ver=516/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.20 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:FinalBoss_P <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1086

Regarding the umap files - only they show up: https://imgur.com/a/bRgrx9L :/

I've also tried disabling lightmaps, but no luck :/

Regarding the key, it's only the index file that's encrypted AFAICT, so the steps are similar to what you posted in the Fortnite thread.

The strange part to me is why it can't detect the engine version? Does that mean it can't read the file format? (Or potentially I've pulled the wrong encryption key out, but everything looks reasonably okay otherwise)
Ehlyon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 01:10 »

I could load enemies models with both UE 4.19 and 4.20 BUT i've to disable textures or it'll crash during load, same for animations if i try to attach them so i can't understand which version would be the right one. Static mesh also crash. Altought i'm quite tired and didn't test much.

Here's few files in case you wana check
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vlcmqacotypuzwr/UmodelBorderland2.rar/file
Tspoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 02:47 »

Ah you're right - it does look like disabling the textures allows some of the models to be opened (some still fail unfortunately).  Nice find!

I'll keep trying and see if there's any way to get the textures out!
Tate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 02:55 »

Yeah that works for me too thanks. I’ve gotten models of the playable characters to load but textures won’t load for anything so far for me either.
UberWinfrey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2019, 06:17 »

I spent all half the day getting the aes key, and found that the Textures aren't supported in umodel.The models do work though. I do know that stuff like that will take time due to it being a very new game, if anyone is interested in looking into it. the game is 4.20.3 and the error is Serialized behind a stopper.

Code:
Serializing behind stopper (133+20000 > D0F)
FPakFile::Serialize:file=/Game/NonPlayerCharacters/Rhys/Model/Textures/T_RhysHead_D.uexp <- FString<< <- FTexture2DMipMap::Serialize4 <- TArray::Serialize:1/12 <- FTexturePlatformData<< <- UTexture2D::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject:Texture2D'T_RhysHead_D.T_RhysHead_D', pos=466, ver=516/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.20 <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1086

model and material sample
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/617042111178735649/622252879465545729/Rhys.rar

UberWinfrey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 11:40 »

this works with the Textures https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=16461
it doesn't work with the Normal maps sadly. you drag and drop the ubulk file onto the rawtexcmd.exe and it will convert the textures

« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 11:42 by UberWinfrey » Logged
Jeka215

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2019, 12:17 »

this works with the Textures https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=16461
it doesn't work with the Normal maps sadly. you drag and drop the ubulk file onto the rawtexcmd.exe and it will convert the textures

It's a great find, thank you! And it works with Normal Maps too! Use RawTex.exe instead of cmd version and set texture format to bc5_unom, then add blue channel with 255 vaule to this texture using photoshop or whatever you usually use. Here's result:

UberWinfrey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 12:21 »

Thank you so much for the useful info on the normal maps, it was racking my brain on how to fix them for an hour lol
Tate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2019, 14:24 »

Anyone gotten Zero or IronBear rigs out? they both error for me
Obsyden

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2019, 14:30 »

Tate, can I ask how you managed to view playable characters? Their models don't seem to work for me.

And Tspoon, how on Earth did you get that AES Key? I'd been looking for hours in the assembly and came up with nada.
Tate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2019, 14:58 »

I got Moze's and BeastMaster's just from loading their Main rig and Head rigs in the playable character folder.  I used 4.20 as the version. there was also ones in the cinematic folder that would load too.

i only had skeleton mesh ticked too
Obsyden

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2019, 15:09 »

Thanks Tate, I can confirm that FL4K works, but Amara throws the same 'Serializing behind stopper' error, on the same settings as FL4K.
Tspoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2019, 15:52 »

And Tspoon, how on Earth did you get that AES Key? I'd been looking for hours in the assembly and came up with nada.

Once you get a debugger attached to the game and have the UE source code - you can search for "Corrupted index offset in Pak file" (from IPlatformFilePak.cpp) in the assembly to get a starting point and compare the source and assembly to figure out where the decryption function is.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: