March 29, 2024, 13:00
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Moons of Madness  (Read 1532 times)
Grendor

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2019, 06:23 »

So I've been waiting for this game to come out ever since it was announced. I was really hoping to get at it with umodel, but there seems to be several issues loading it at all. One of which being that it says 'VirtualTextures are not suppported'. I've never seen that before with any other game. This seems to be the only problem thus far, as it will view the meshes fine without textures, but I do kind of need the textures for what I intend to do with the models. The problem though, is that the game's resources are entirely locked inside two massive pak files and I can't recall what we're supposed to upload otherwise. Here's the executable at least...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nkvxckoayquwi3/MoonsOfMadness.exe?dl=0
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 10:42 »

VirtualTextures are thing which has been added to UE4.23. The error message which you've noticed has been added yesterday, with finalizing UE4.23 support.
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 18:14 »

So they're not supported yet, or not planned to be supported at all? Or maybe I was just selecting the wrong version? What can be done?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 18:27 »

If UModel crashes with ANY texture (or with MOST of them), then most probably this is a different engine version, not UE4.23. Did you ever try using a different engine version for this game?
Regarding virtual textures themselves, I don't see any point supporting them. May be one day I'll make it non-critical (i.e. UModel won't read them, but won't crash either).
May be it's worth uploading a few assets which crashes UModel so I could analyze them.
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 01:50 »

Is there any specific way to tell what engine this is? Also, how would I extract the inner assets of the gigantic PAK files? Quickbms doesn't work and your extract program doesn't do the job either...
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 03:09 »

The game is using 4.22 UE4 version. And it seems all works fine:
https://i.imgur.com/9FEShbg.png
https://i.imgur.com/mfeTxuU.png
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 10:22 »

Thanks, this means that it is not a "virtual texture" problem Smiley It was just a typical issue described in "board rules" - when specified engine version wasn't correct.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: