March 29, 2024, 02:28
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remake  (Read 36355 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 19, 2022, 15:47 »

Animations are now mostly supported in the Intergrade build, available in the same post as before. Note that native UE animations are not supported yet (it will be written in logs) and that additive animations, which are not supported by umodel in general, will not be marked such in the viewer at the moment, so don't be confused.

* Clipboard02.jpg (90.28 KB, 2555x1241 - viewed 467 times.)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 15:58 by spiritovod » Logged
cesm1980

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 20, 2022, 12:29 »

Thank you so much!

One thing i noticed, some models when using the ctrl+a shortcut there's some animations in which the model keeps in the "A-POSE" but only doing the root motion, is this normal or it's some bug? Maybe it's because the ctrl+a function also got animations meant for other models, no? If you think this is a bug just tell me so that i tell you which ones has this problem.

note : i am using the pc version of ff7 intergrade
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 20, 2022, 13:47 »

@cesm1980:
...additive animations, which are not supported by umodel in general, will not be marked such in the viewer at the moment, so don't be confused.
It will be fixed in the future (not additive support, but marking). You can check UE documentation for what additive animations are.
cesm1980

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 20, 2022, 13:51 »

Oh THATS the additive animations... ok understood, in other games i was able to recognize them visually if the model got all "deformed" in a pile on the center, but here instead of deforming it's mostly the default A-pose with root motion only so i didnt realise this were the additive ones, ok got it.
Parme

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 16, 2022, 00:10 »

Hello, thanks for your work, but i can't download build for ue viewer ff7 remake integrade, link seems broken.

Edit: my bad, link to ue viewer works well.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 01:47 by Parme » Logged
bluestar-60

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 03, 2022, 16:58 »

@spiritovod

Can this umodel build let the intergrade assets work with the Daemon's map extractor
I tried before back with your v4 version and i got out of bound errors

Is this something you can add support for or would it be on Daemons end

Wanted to recreate the new maps in intergrade, was just downloading intergrade again but its taking a wile so i thought i would ask in the meantime

I can screenshot the errors if needed, i have the saved assets of intergrade from the v4 but not the paks thats what im redownloading. Was going to test resaving the assets with your latest build of umodel so see if there was any difference
Taking a wile to dl with my slow internet
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 03, 2022, 20:38 »

@bluestar-60: daemon1 tools for UE games are working with original assets, they has nothing to do with umodel in general. But original assets can be extracted via "save packages" option from almost all UE4 games with any more or less recent umodel build, because package format is rarely modified. The rest is up to daemon.
bluestar-60

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 03, 2022, 21:23 »

@spiritovod Right so daemon would have to update his tool, seems like he has moved on though Sad

I only asked incase it was an issue with the umodel saving the assets that that daemons tool had issue with reading causing the out of bounds error. Like they wasnt being saved quite right or something

Oh well, no new maps then
jones45

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 01, 2022, 04:52 »

@spiritovod
Do you have any plans to improve material support so your build can export the base instances in Renderer/MaterialInstance folder?
The main issue is that material instance props.txt export with "Parent = None" when linking to parent instances in that folder. Even if they can't be exported could the proper parent name be added?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: December 01, 2022, 05:23 »

It is possible to have material instances with null parent. They won't work in the game, but the resource itself will be correct. If you have other material instances with correct parent, but these ones without it - then the problem is with assets, not with the umodel.

Also, it is possible that the material instance is referring to some missing asset as a parent, or the parent asset type is not known (not a Material or MaterialInstanceConstant) - in this case, it still will be null (as the asset won't be created in umodel's memory), but you'll see a quite informative message in a log about missing file or an unknown object type.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2022, 21:45 »

@jones45: I suppose people are working mostly with PS4 version when it comes to materials, but I'll take a look at these weekends, maybe it's possible to do something with it.

@Gildor: That's because certain folder is explicitly excluded from import to avoid issues, that's why null is returned for materials from there in the custom build. It was supposed to be temporary stub until proper support is added for them, but oh well... -_-
narknon

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 03, 2022, 21:56 »

Can this umodel build let the intergrade assets work with the Daemon's map extractor

A UE game agnostic map dumper can be found here: https://github.com/UE4SS-RE/RE-UE4SS
narknon

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 03, 2022, 21:59 »

@jones45: I suppose people are working mostly with PS4 version when it comes to materials, but I'll take a look at these weekends, maybe it's possible to do something with it.

There's an asset editor that works partially with PC files.  https://github.com/SamsamTS/FF7RUAssetEditor/releases
bluestar-60

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 13, 2022, 22:38 »

A UE game agnostic map dumper can be found here: https://github.com/UE4SS-RE/RE-UE4SS

Interesting, iv never built anything from github before. Is there a link to the original version of the tool as theres no instructions on sing the tool so i wondered if the original tool has it in its description
laughingorc

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 14, 2022, 00:52 »

Interesting, iv never built anything from github before. Is there a link to the original version of the tool as theres no instructions on sing the tool so i wondered if the original tool has it in its description

If you head to the 'releases' tab (https://github.com/UE4SS-RE/RE-UE4SS/releases) you can download the packages from there - scroll down on the main code page and you'll see links to some install instructions and game-specific overrides, though no full user guide. I haven't tried the tool yet but it seems promising, I'll check back in when I've given it a look.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: