March 29, 2024, 00:56
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Destroy All Humans  (Read 3459 times)
dribbleondo

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2020, 15:01 »

Destroy All Humans is the remaster of the original game by THQ, now being made by THQ Nordic and Black Forest Games. Of interest here is that it has released a free demo on GOG https://www.gog.com/game/destroy_all_humans_demo, meaning file extraction may be able to start prior to release.

Release date: July 28, 2020.

The demo uses Unreal Engine 4.22.3, the game will likely follow suit.

Demo game size: ~8GB

Textures work fine, as do Physics and Skeletal meshes.

Loading static meshes is currently impossible.

Out of curiosity, I tried using the dauntless preset (it was the only game on the comp. table that used 4.22.3, maybe they shared some similarities?). I got a virtual textures error when opening static meshes, and textures no longer load:

Static Mesh loading:

Texture loading:

That may be useless to know, but who knows? Either way, hope the first part is helpful.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 15:35 »

You shouldn't use Dauntless game override. Use any of UE4.XX options, but not existing games made by different companies.
dribbleondo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 15:42 »

Again that last bit was to satisfy my curiosity. Either way, the 4.22 option doesn't let me view static meshes.

Also, to correct myself a bit, I managed to confuse Darksiders Genesis, made by THQ Nordic, with Dauntless (by Phoenix).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 15:50 by dribbleondo » Logged
Carpethop

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 05:58 »

How did you managed to load Skeletal meshes? Its keep giving me errors on any UE4.x.x. version overrides.

btw, after quick look, there not some much changes since first beta, except for new costumes.
dribbleondo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 16:14 »

Using the 4.22 override, only certain skeletals work. For example crypto_skeleton works, but not Anal_Probe_Skeletal.

Loading any mesh straight-up doesn't work. Really, only textures work.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 18:05 »

It seems this game has some special (i.e. non-standard) geometry compression. According to error message, some meshes has vertex position stored in 8 bytes instead of 12.
dribbleondo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 18:08 »

Which is a little weird, because I've been informed the closed beta technical preview didn't have this.
skullrider

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 00:59 »

so your saying to rip models we will have to use the playtest version?

will post a update later regarding viewing the meshes on the playtest version
skullrider

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2020, 01:53 »

yep seems to work on the playtest guess we will find out if it works in the release version once it does release.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 02:04 by skullrider » Logged
skullrider

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 04:18 »

It seems this game has some special (i.e. non-standard) geometry compression. According to error message, some meshes has vertex position stored in 8 bytes instead of 12.

The released game has the same issue as well, is there any way you could potentially fix this or any way manually we can fix it?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 01:52 »

Some samples of meshes, in case if they'll be required to investigate the issue, explained above.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FX14ADmEs8H3EhsAB4lhWV5x-bx8aaUe/view?usp=sharing
lamd321z

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2020, 08:42 »

Anyone been able to find Sound files from the Destroy All Humans Remake?

The GOG demo seemed to just have the standard .OGG files in sound folders whereas the final build that just came out has UEXP or UASSET files. Unpacking these files with Unreal Package Extractor doesn't work.
dribbleondo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2020, 15:01 »

DH/Content/Audio/Waves/VO.

seems like all of the game audio is there.
joeyq

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2020, 23:35 »

I can confirm that in release version non of the static or skeletal meshes can be opened, all result in crash and closing of umodel viewer with error "RawArray item size mismatch; expected 8, serialized 12". Hopefully a fix can be created... Sad
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2020, 01:35 »

Hi guys,

Please stop posting angry messages about "when you'll move your ass and finally support this game" in random places. This game is not "the game of the year" or "the best game ever", I really don't feel that I MUST interrupt my plans for UModel and do the support for it. It is not possible to support everything, there are games of much better quality which aren't openable with UModel, and most of people can live with it.

Most of my current plans are targeted to improve UModel usability for most (or even all) of already supported games. There are also plans for supporting 2 or 3 games - writing a special code for them, all were made by Microsoft, and these games' support was expected for a very long time.

My work is not sponsored at all, I'm doing my work on this tool in my spare time, sometimes cutting hours from my paid work to do something for UModel (especially over past 2 months). I can't work full time on this, if you have a family and you're responsible for family budget, you'll understand me.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: