March 29, 2024, 13:12
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Destroy All Humans  (Read 3460 times)
BiggieSteals

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2020, 02:44 »

I haven't looked at the most of posts besides this topic and xentax so I can't say I've seen many calling you names but I do feel you on how people can be sometimes and hope it dies off if not completely with people being inpatient. Even deal with it on modding being completed or not. Release one thing and not so much as an thank you.

The game has only been out for 2 days after all. While I am hoping for a fix for umodel I'm not demanding one, it would more or less be a pleasant surprise/welcome. Worst case it just doesn't work with it and I'm sure others like from xentax will make a bms/script to rip the models or just use ninjarip.

Either way I appreciate your program and all the work you've done Gildor with this program over all this time.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 02:49 by BiggieSteals » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2020, 10:34 »

Thank you.
skullrider

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2020, 19:54 »

Hi guys,

Please stop posting angry messages about "when you'll move your ass and finally support this game" in random places. This game is not "the game of the year" or "the best game ever", I really don't feel that I MUST interrupt my plans for UModel and do the support for it. It is not possible to support everything, there are games of much better quality which aren't openable with UModel, and most of people can live with it.

Most of my current plans are targeted to improve UModel usability for most (or even all) of already supported games. There are also plans for supporting 2 or 3 games - writing a special code for them, all were made by Microsoft, and these games' support was expected for a very long time.

My work is not sponsored at all, I'm doing my work on this tool in my spare time, sometimes cutting hours from my paid work to do something for UModel (especially over past 2 months). I can't work full time on this, if you have a family and you're responsible for family budget, you'll understand me.

Yes I agree with what you said, no one should pressure you to do anything of the sort you are doing a great thing for us in the UE4 games community, sorry if I offended you in the message on here I sent.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2020, 20:26 »

That wasn't you.
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2020, 21:24 »

I'm looking forward to this game being supported as much as anyone else, but legit, people need to stop being so demanding. Gildor has an actual job, and actual life, and Umodel is more or less supposed to be a side project for him. When it's interfering with his real life because of people harassing him and demanding things from him, I highly doubt he's going to have as much passion for it as he would originally. He doesn't HAVE to continue this project AT ALL, and it's HIS choice whether or not it continues, so I'd suggest people stop being jerks, because he could always completely DROP Umodel entirely because he'd get sick of dealing with this sort of thing. I honestly wouldn't blame him either. The program is free, and is pretty much the only program that can do what it does. People should learn to appreciate what he's done for the general community and remember how much he's contributed already to modding and development.

Gildor, we really appreciate everything you do for us out of the kindness of your heart and your determination to help the community itself. Take your time with this. Don't let a few bad apples ruin the whole batch. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2020, 21:56 »

Thanks a lot! You said exactly what I feel.
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2020, 05:00 »

I am actually excited to see this supported eventually, I'll admit. Granted, I haven't been able to purchase the game myself currently, so it doesn't matter either way, hahaha.
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2020, 20:15 »

Finally got the game for myself. Was wondering if there had been any further work towards supporting this game? I was hoping to get the skeletal meshes and textures of the characters in general. Will be really awesome to finally have assets of this game!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2020, 22:32 »

Nothing has been done. I'll return to "serious" programming of UModel in probably 2 months (has a very cool project at work, unannounced remastered UE3 game for PS4/XOne), and I prefer spending the most of time for it, especially taking into account that I had similar game development work only 7 years ago.

But anyway, my plans doesn't include support for any particular game, I have more generic plans.
bobdol2

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2021, 06:44 »

Nothing has been done. I'll return to "serious" programming of UModel in probably 2 months (has a very cool project at work, unannounced remastered UE3 game for PS4/XOne), and I prefer spending the most of time for it, especially taking into account that I had similar game development work only 7 years ago.

But anyway, my plans doesn't include support for any particular game, I have more generic plans.
How is the progress?
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2021, 01:11 »

Looking forward to this game eventually being supported, but I'm assuming other projects are higher priority. If any files are needed from this game let me know, I've got it, and the related DLC.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2021, 10:33 »

Sorry, the priority is my own life now. It's almost destroyed now.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2021, 17:47 »

removed
Not actual information, please read posts below.

And please stop bothering Gildor, it's not like bumping topics with unsupported games or particular problems will increase possibility of them being supported/fixed. Aside from real life matter, it's not a paid job and the more people demand for something, the less you want to help them, that's how hobby works. Hobby it's what you want to do for yourself, and probably to share happiness from your accomplishment with others. For some reasons people are tend to forget that. Please remember it whenever you're bumping any topic not just here, but at any other modding community. Thanks.  
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 04:47 by spiritovod » Logged
Grendor

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2021, 05:27 »

I appreciate your help spiritovod. However it seems for some reason the skeletal meshes always come out as very weird, heavily distorted rough box-shapes. I can see from your screenshots you somehow got them to display properly, however upon import to anything else they end up as these odd 'boxes'.

As for the Ninjaripper method, I have the Steam version so I am unable to use that method.

* DAH-problem.png (229.46 KB, 1680x1050 - viewed 98 times.)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 05:37 by Grendor » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2021, 00:38 »

Use specific umodel build from this topic for proper game support - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version (4.22). Note that most animations are additive.

* Clipboard11.jpg (141.98 KB, 2536x1246 - viewed 197 times.)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 04:50 by spiritovod » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: