March 28, 2024, 20:16
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Rogue Company  (Read 4702 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2021, 22:50 »

@itsnatoriousb: It seems that in 19.02.2021 or 02.03.2021 updates they've upgraded the engine to some mid-version(?) or just customized it, so currently nothing is supported indeed (except textures). Though I didn't dig into that yet, but for now the only option is to use some older client. For example, initial switch release from october 2020 is fully supported, including animations (it's using 4.24) - though it has custom materials, but HD textures and such can be grabbed from PC version.
Ideally, you can try to find latest game version prior to 19.02.2021 update, but it seems there is little interest in it, and sadly I didn't save the version from my previous test.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 23:00 by spiritovod » Logged
itsnatoriousb

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2021, 10:22 »

That's a bummer to hear! Is it even possible to install older versions without them updating? I wish there was an easy fix because the models were done well!
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2021, 21:34 »

I've resolved issues with skeletal and static meshes in specific umodel build, for more info read update 4 from the first post. They've changed a lot of stuff (like, really a lot), so I doubt it will be fixed again in case if something will be changed... again - therefore grab latest game version and backup it just in case.

Update: I've updated specific build with workaround for some static meshes, which could crash due to different layout.

Update 2: And another fix for static meshes. In addition, materials are now linked properly to static meshes as well (though almost all of them are custom). Please check if you're using the updated build before submitting possible issues.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 04:44 by spiritovod » Logged
SchlitzyBab3

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2021, 04:05 »

@spiritovod

That new exe version worked wonders.

Two questions, if you don't mind.

1.) Would you mind sharing a fork of the repo or your source code for the modifications you made? I guess more importantly to what I care about, I'm not great with coding and trying to learn, so I guess I care more if there is any way you could share briefly how you debugged and fixed things / identified what the issue was.

2.) This is somewhat related, but the textures aren't exactly right. I was wondering if you understood how to look at the code and see what texture maps should be used for what, or if you knew by happenstance (maybe through the naming). I could make up something close if I understood their naming scheme. For instance, I'm assuming AORS is ambient occlusion and two other maps in the other channels. The hair is especially confusing. Any guidance on that would be appreciated!

* T_Bulwark_Base_01_H_AORS256.png (192.64 KB, 256x256 - viewed 106 times.)

* T_Bulwark_Base_01_H_AORS_B256.png (65.2 KB, 256x256 - viewed 90 times.)

* T_Bulwark_Base_01_H_AORS_G256.png (65.2 KB, 256x256 - viewed 94 times.)

* T_Bulwark_Base_01_H_AORS_R256.png (65.2 KB, 256x256 - viewed 99 times.)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2021, 15:12 »

@SchlitzyBab3: umodel shows you call stack at the moment of crash, so you know where your should take a look at, approximately. In addition, you can use umodel specific function DUMP_ARC_BYTES before entering the crashing function to understand actual layout of the loading asset at that moment. The rest is simple step-by-step debugging and learning, how every data set should look (for example, by comparing with stock unmodified assets of the same engine version). Also, if you're experienced dev, you can disassemble modified function(s) from the game exe and learn from it (I believe that's how Gildor works). Though it's not the right topic to discuss such things and in this particular game there are also conditional changes, which is too much for beginners.

As for the second question, I'm afraid you'll have to wait answer from someone else or visit some modding communities, since I have nearly zero idea about how texturing or modeling works in general. I suppose that's what they call "physically based rendering", and while umodel is providing a lot of information about material properties in both viewer and upon exporting (in separate txt files), some of required info should be deducted with your own knowledge in that field.   
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2021, 12:54 »

@spiritovod

That new exe version worked wonders.

Two questions, if you don't mind.

1.) Would you mind sharing a fork of the repo or your source code for the modifications you made? I guess more importantly to what I care about, I'm not great with coding and trying to learn, so I guess I care more if there is any way you could share briefly how you debugged and fixed things / identified what the issue was.

2.) This is somewhat related, but the textures aren't exactly right. I was wondering if you understood how to look at the code and see what texture maps should be used for what, or if you knew by happenstance (maybe through the naming). I could make up something close if I understood their naming scheme. For instance, I'm assuming AORS is ambient occlusion and two other maps in the other channels. The hair is especially confusing. Any guidance on that would be appreciated!

Color one is a Mask, so would have all 3 textures in one, (or could used for other things like, blood/damage effects), no 100% sure has don't play the game)

But each single textures look to be,

S = Spec
R = Roughness
AO= Ambient Occlusion.

Be sure to set them to Linear space etc.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 12:57 by Blenux » Logged

Blender + Linux User Here.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2021, 23:56 »

Specific build in the first post updated with support for custom materials. Though some materials on static meshes will look pinkish anyway (because they're using layered mask instead of base colors).
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2022, 22:01 »

Animations for the game are now supported in specific build, for more info read the first post. First post was also cleaned from outdated info to avoid possible confusion.

Update: Native (non-acl) animations are now supported as well in the updated build, though most of them are additive.

* Clipboard02.jpg (99.49 KB, 2547x1246 - viewed 122 times.)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 17:38 by spiritovod » Logged
peterzhenhh

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2022, 12:19 »

Animations for the game are now supported in specific build, for more info read the first post. Though non-acl animations are not supported at the moment, but there are very few of them in the game. First post was also cleaned from outdated info to avoid possible confusion.
Code:
USkeleton::ConvertAnims: Skel=SKL_PC_Male_Skeleton Anim=ADD_ArrenL212_Base_ADS_AIM_CC <- UAnimSequence4::PostLoad <- PostLoad: ADD_ArrenL212_Base_ADS_AIM_CC <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Animation/Male/Pistol_Grip_Set/ArrenL212/Base/1P/Stand/ADD_ArrenL212_Base_ADS_AIM_CC.uasset <- Load: 28/6463 <- CSkelMeshViewer::FindUE4Animations <- CSkelMeshViewer::AttachAnimSet <- CSkelMeshViewer::ProcessKey <- CUmodelApp::ProcessKey: key=80000061, down=1 <- VisualizerLoop <- Main: umodel_build=1579 based

Tested on steam Version with your 2.0a tool updated in 2022.8.26, game override selected.

Some aim-offset animation have this error, when I tried to batch-export animations.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2022, 17:48 »

@peterzhenhh: I've updated 2.0a build, it should now support native animations as well, which were causing such errors. The fix is also addressing some different issues in other compatible with the build games, but they shouldn't affect Rogue Company.
Though I wouldn't recommend trying to export all compatible animations at once, it may fail due to reasons not directly related to umodel.
peterzhenhh

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2022, 17:53 »

@peterzhenhh: I've updated 2.0a build, it should now support native animations as well, which were causing such errors. The fix is also addressing some different issues in other compatible with the build games, but they shouldn't affect Rogue Company.
Though I wouldn't recommend trying to export all compatible animations at once, it may fail due to reasons not directly related to umodel.

Thanks a lot for your quick fix! But could you please check this file:
Code:
/Game/Animation/Female/UnArmed_Set/Shared/Wounded/Unarmed_Stand_Trans_Wounded.uasset
Legs' rotation is strange in "Use from animset" or "Force Animset Translation" mode. But I think it's problem of game developers. Since I checked many others animations and they are all fine.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2022, 19:43 »

@peterzhenhh: It looks fine in forced translation mode. It's probably obvious, but the game is using retargeting for all characters. You can read brief explanation how umodel handles retargeting in this post.

It's not directly related to the mentioned case, but at some point ACL was using reference pose ("base pose" internally) for additive animations and also additive animations could be used as base animations with merging into proper animation internally - it's around the same dev versions, used in 2.0a/b builds. Now reference pose is used in additive anims only in cases with single sample (static pose). As a result, it looks confusing for example in Divine Knockout even with proper parsing, so it may look strange here as well and affect retargeting scheme. Though I don't understand most of those things enough to provide some decent explanation.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 19:46 by spiritovod » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: